Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

2008 Release Series 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can't judge how good /awful this color will be until you see it person. I know I didn't think the blue on the tC RS 2 was great until I saw in person.

EL_Chapitan,
[/quote]My guess all along has been that the RS will be a replica of the 5 axis xb (body kit, and fog lights) shown at launch. [/quote]

Hopefully some of that will be true. I'm not to hot on the fogs but the kit is smoking. Another great option I would like to see in the next xB RS would be a Sunroof or skylites like in the 2tB concept.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by t-ak-box
You can't judge how good /awful this color will be until you see it person. I know I didn't think the blue on the tC RS 2 was great until I saw in person.

EL_Chapitan,
"My guess all along has been that the RS will be a replica of the 5 axis xb (body kit, and fog lights) shown at launch."

Hopefully some of that will be true. I'm not to hot on the fogs but the kit is smoking. Another great option I would like to see in the next xB RS would be a Sunroof or skylites like in the 2tB concept.
Another great option that would be nice Tri-color LED's or Clear/Whiteout taillights.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:42 PM

Actually, I got confirmation that it will be the 5-axis gold. And it will be out before the end of the year. Sometime in December. So spread the word.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 PM

Who's your source for this confirmation? Did you get other details, like performance addons and such?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by riceman110572
Actually, I got confirmation that it will be the 5-axis gold. And it will be out before the end of the year. Sometime in December. So spread the word.
Confirmation in what form, from where?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:32 PM

Definitely unofficial, but it was put in no uncertain terms as to color and release. Same performance, but with a sunroof, and gold. Don't know whether it will have the 5-axis kit or not, but should be bad ___. Source is a higher up from Scion, and I can't give away the identity or I will have to relocate them and their families for safety purposes.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Release Series

I am new to SL.

I was to be picking up my xB2 today and saw this thread. So, I asked someone that I know that handles allocations at a Toyota Dealership. Here's their quote:

"The Release Series is listed as an option in the preference as well as
the gold color but the newest TVO/November as well as the list of normal
configurations does not list it. That means that at the earliest they
won't be allocated till the first December allocation with arrival the
end of December. When the December TVO comes out I will know more, that
should be over the next week or so."

If thid RS xB2 is anything like the 08 FJ Cruiser, the new colors appeared in the preference list more than a month before the dealership could complete the TVO. Then it was just over another month before dealerships started getting them around here.

I think I will go ahead and get the Blackberry Crush today and if the wife likes the new RS color & spec, then we may get it too.

I still have a VIP that I can call to see if any more info can be had. I think I can still get some good info from him & try to get early specs on the newest RS xB
Old 11-28-2007, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

I have a RS 1.0, and I love it. But frankly i'm just tired of having the same car.

I'm still very much on the fence about the xB2. Something about it..... I just can't put my finger on it, just doesn't look right. No offense to any owners by any means.... Just rambleing.
IMO every new B should have come with the body kit on the 5 axis car, or something similar. Its supposed to be boxy!
I'll wait and see what the RS comes out with.

I was fortunate enough to see the 5 axis car in Miami, and I would probably go for that gold as well...But only if it comes with a body kit. Otherwise, i'm selling my RS, and deciding what I want next......

What do you think? Mini Cooper S or a bagged Chevy Dually? LOL.....!

BTW, thanks ChspkScion for showing me this thread!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by riceman110572
Definitely unofficial, but it was put in no uncertain terms as to color and release. Same performance, but with a sunroof, and gold. Don't know whether it will have the 5-axis kit or not, but should be bad butt. Source is a higher up from Scion, and I can't give away the identity or I will have to relocate them and their families for safety purposes.
I can also vouch for the color.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since Scion decides on what color they make RS models.
Does anyone know if they at least poll peeps to see what options they would like to see on upcoming RS models?

My vote would be for a Kit on the next RS xB & xA models. Other options for the RS model could also include sunroofs, Navi or Stereo upgrades, Suspension/ Engine tuning kit, and of course leather or Alcantara type seating (hopefully in some other color than just black, I mean come on guys there other int. colors out in the world.). This would be my wish list over the run of the RS model of course.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default RS 5.0

It makes sense for them to keep an eye on some of the polls but, they probably listen to their suppliers because volume & proffit rule even for Scion/Toyota.

The extent of Market Research that goes into their product is very expansive. Their philosphy is get out and find out what the consumer IS asking for, not just sit in a board room & decide what the consumer wants.

They have a Japanese term for it but I forget the word.

Also, I know that Scion execs pay attention to Scionlife but its hard to know how much they utilize to make changes versus working with Specialty Aftermarket providers as their inside consultants for trends.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:54 AM
SL Member

I really like my classic silver...If the Scion paint was more forgiving...The paint chips easily. I figure living here in CA I will get hit soon enough to have to repaint it to some cool color scheme...
Old 12-01-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Allocation in January

Dealerships in CAT will be able to allocate release series xBs in January, right after the color and specs are released at the Detroit Auto Show.....hope this helps
Old 12-01-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Allocation in January

Originally Posted by pjxcountry
Dealerships in CAT will be able to allocate release series xBs in January, right after the color and specs are released at the Detroit Auto Show.....hope this helps
the NAIAS is jan 13-27th... same thing ya?
Old 12-03-2007, 03:37 PM

Yes this is the same thing....could know at ;east the color by the 17th if not sooner, industry day is the 17th and things tend to filter out from there
Old 12-05-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Today I heard today that the color name will be "gold crush mica"
Old 12-06-2007, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Baine
from who?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default xB2 RS 5.0

The allocation managers at the dealerships can already see the color as Gold but the other specs are not showing up yet.

I can check today to see if any units can be requested with built specs but I would be surprised if they would be available before the end of the year. That would mean they are already in the US sitting at the Port & waiting to have the PIO completed. The FJ Cruiser pics of the new 2008 colors were seen at the port about 2 months before the dealerships on the East Coast had any.

Although a xB2 RS 5.0 would make a great Christmas Present for the wife, I suspect she will have to wait until her birthday in the spring. (If they are still around)
Old 12-06-2007, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think it would make an amazing christmas present, your wifes lucky
Old 12-06-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by noservice2001
Originally Posted by Baine
from who?
Sorry, can't divulge names as they could get in trouble. Lets just say that we got to sit
in on a multi dealer meeting and that little fact came up in conversation.

Quick Reply: 2008 Release Series 5.0