5 Year Member
SL Member

Galactic grey is a veyr nice color
Old 12-09-2007, 10:47 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bigfieroman
Originally Posted by chopchop
Originally Posted by Flutie75
hey chop chop..not quite sure where you're getting your info, buddy, but release series models ALWAYS come in a color that is unique to the Scion line...part of why it's in limited supply and it makes it stand out a little more. It is also another reason that an RS tC will not come in Flint Mica
I work for scion. I got most of the specs sent to me on friday and put money on it flint mica will be the rs for the Tc, missy, not alway's is always. go ask some body. And take that to the bank
Who do you think you are, Walter Cronkite? Blah blah blah and that's the way it is.

Obviously, there are other people with information as "offical" as yours, but none of us have seen any proof of anything except for pictures of a computer screen showing 580 Gold. By all means, say your piece, and you might be completely right, but don't get all ____y when someone questions your completely unsubstantiated claims. Plus, as I said the color will be "Explosive Poop Green...Mica". And take that to a bank, preferably a Bank of America, as they are offering free checking right now!
Walter is my old man! oh yeah bank of america SUCKS!!! and as for the offical part my rep like to have aheart attack when I tried to make a copy of the rs page. I thinking ( not for sure on this part) that there will be a release party,
Old 12-10-2007, 01:41 PM

Unique to the SCION line, not Toyota line! Just like Blizzard Pearl on the RS 3.0 tC is available on the Solara convertible.

It's not, however, available on ANY OTHER SCION.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:44 PM

..and I agree with sonofxb.... galactic gray is definitely sharp! I've sold a few 4Runners in that color and it looks great
Old 12-10-2007, 04:16 PM
SL Member

Rob we known more than you! LMOA (JJ) It's a pride thing ya know.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

let's all gang up on Rob now
Old 12-10-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Baine
let's all gang up on Rob now
haha saying things like that proves my point about being a baby.....chopchop answered kiddig around the mature way while you posted that
Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Rob, you obviously have enough post to realize that that only difference between the
Scionlife forums and a Daycare center is that the daycare has adult supervision. Calling
everyone a baby is just as childish as any of the other post and completely lacks in the
appropriate sarcasm. If your going to flame me at least make it sting a little.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

oh i could def make it sting but its not worth my effort or time so carry on.....
Old 12-11-2007, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So now I'm confused I thought some one said this would be released in January. And now some one on here just said it will be released at the Chicago Autoshow with is in Febuary and if thats true then it wouldn't be on dealer lots in until March and/or April.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

No one knows for sure most are just sharing information they have heard but nothing has been released from scion so till then anything dealer employees or anyone else says treat as a possibility. I myself dont entirley believe every thing till i hear it from the main source....
Old 12-13-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The RS xB is supposed to be coming out in February- it does have a Kenstyle kit, with a moonroof and some special wheel covers that say Release Series on em- There was one sitting at Scion HQ in Torrance the other day.

Oh yeah, and the Galactic Gray tC will have some Chrome on it, but I'm not inclined to say where ;)

Old 12-13-2007, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys for the info.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saw it and it's uglee imo.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:55 AM

Default I gave up...

All,

I was waiting for the RS5 to come out, and I was told that Scion dealers would know more by mid December. Well, they didn't know anything even at the end of December. So, I went ahead and took a Nautical Blue xB. I got a $750 discount from the dealer and a $400 college grad discount, so I guess I can't complain too much.

I am big and tall (6'7"), and the xB is still a good fit. After test driving at least 6 models and sitting in a dozen others, I decided that the xB was the best buy. And, the more I drive it, the better I feel about my decision.

Davyator
Old 01-03-2008, 09:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How did you get a $750.00 discount from the dealer i flew almost 3,000 miles just to get to a dealership that didnt have a markup above the msrp, let alone a discount. and nobody even bother getting me started on pure pricing HA! what a joke. Btw to stay on topic i am very excited for the release series hopefully things like the 5 axis fog lights will be on it and then i can buy them and put them on my SW xB. YAY
Old 01-03-2008, 10:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
The RS xB is supposed to be coming out in February- it does have a Kenstyle kit, with a moonroof and some special wheel covers that say Release Series on em- There was one sitting at Scion HQ in Torrance the other day.

Oh yeah, and the Galactic Gray tC will have some Chrome on it, but I'm not inclined to say where ;)

i guess it helps to work @ Corp.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:10 PM

Default Nameless AK: Response regarding pure pricing.

Nameless AK,

Pure pricing basically means that a given dealer must charge the same thing to all of its customers (and it must publish any discounts). Scion's website even states that dealer prices may vary. Larry H. Miller Toyota/Scion in Murray, UT had a website that published a $750 discount. So, they were in compliance with the pure pricing methodology. Apparently they had 40+ units at the end of November that they needed to move quickly. So, they ran this offer through the end of December. If other dealerships are overstocked, they may begin offering similar discounts to blow out their inventory.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

From what I was told....

xB RS 5.0
Exterior Color: Gold Rush (0580)
MSRP: $2400 (plus price of car)
Volume: 2500
Production Months: Jan.-Feb.
Release Dates: Detroit Autoshow Jan. 13th

Details:
Sunroof
Kenstyle body kit
Color-tuned interior
RS Badge
RS wheel covers
Old 01-05-2008, 02:20 AM

so when do you think we will have dates for the release? I am buying an xB when I get home late Jan, but if there is a RS coming out soon, I can wait. I would rather have the RS with a sunroof stock then just an xB and have to have a sun roof put in. Also, the $2,400 I hear everyone talk about-that just gets added to your price and everything right? Thanks!!

Quick Reply: 2008 Release Series 5.0