Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

About to drink the Scion Kool-Aid

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That pretty much sums it up! Good job!

I love my xB2! Only things I dont like are the seats(fabric I like), steering wheel, and the shifter and clutch. Everything else is sweet!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for chiming in guys! To add to the wonderful retort. Scion seems to have realized that now that they had a hit with the 1st box, every benz, jeep, and cube is out to make the infamous box style. XB2 is a great master stroke of genius.

The people spoke of their hearts desire for a better box and Scion listened.

Now Gen1 people troll these pages to kick the flock who followed to the new model and to disrupt the new converts from grasping the fact that it truly is a marvelous growth (not just in size) but in character too. Fine refinments and yet, still a box.

P.S. owner ratings CR and other polls indicate Gen2 owners love their cars.

Yes, refinments will continue. There will always be those who will cry "They changed it"

Stay in the Gen1 forums and let the grownups go on with business
Old 05-02-2008, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everyone loves there car
Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by StompinStu
Originally Posted by Nastos
nah i love the xb2's im just saying the xb1 is better on gas

and why couldnt you get a full warranty on an xb1?
Tell me how I can get 5 yr/60K factory powertrain warranty on a used car, that has let's say 30,000 miles? Without shelling out additional funds for an aftermarket warranty.
I got 100, 000 powertrain on my xb1 used....

=D
Scion Certified Used!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ me too
Old 05-02-2008, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by MaxBoost925
gez, its a huge ____ing contest.

Drink the kool-aid. you won't regret it.

I myself have mashed it in a xB1 as well as my xB2.

The xB2 excels in every way except for the "cuteness" factor.

Sure, the xB1 is a classic, but the xB2 takes over where it left off, it's no longer a Toyota Echo, it's now a Camry the shape of a box with bigger ***** and more potential.
That said, I own both, love both, but in reality the xb2 is a superior car...better comfort, and yes even room. Sure the milage is a little worse, but its got a bigger motor duh, the xb2 is my wifes car, the xb1 is mine, nothing will replace mine, but the OP asked about the gen 2 so answer his questions in a relevant fashion please, oh my only complaint is the one reverse light, backing up at night sucks...
Old 05-02-2008, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everyone loves there car
Nastos loves his car and trolls here. Hmmmmmmm.
No prob here, but seems to be sabotage to me. Spying out XB2 forums and plugging for the gen1. Then You and pacer tell all us about how wonderful your XB1 is. If so wonderful why cruise here. Reading into a forum is great when done quietly. and discrete. I like both cars and care for the owners of each but to raise the gen1 over gen2 or vice versus is spy work. encouragement to each and looking out to little or big brother does not raise red flags toward stalkers.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RyeGuy
To my eyes, the xB2 looks and feels more like a "real car" and less like something that should have a giant wind-up key sticking out of the roof or circus clowns piling out of it.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a first gen and dont look back the 2nd gen doesnt get that great of mpg first gen is an all around better commuter car than the 2nd gen imho
I dont think the 1gen XB had better MPG, I was getting 28mpg average for every tank I got. Sucked getting blow around by the winds too. The XB2 gets the SAME MPG if not a hair better, more comfort room, 60 more HP craps load more TQ, side airbags ect ect. The only thing that I think the XB1 had over the new on is handling. After dropping the XB2 it doens't feel as top heavy.

I traded my XB1 in for something with a lil more power since 100bhp DOES SUCK, got a 2005 turbo miata that gets 26mpg and about 200hp to the wheels (currently). few months later I bought the XB2 for my wife and it's better as stated above.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Meh. Lame sauce arguments.

Honest opinion = I think xB1 is a sweet car

Honest opinion #2 = I think taking a corner too fast in xB1 will make it tip over

Honest opinion #3 = Why are we having a ____ing contest over horsepower over a commuter car?
Old 05-02-2008, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its really sucks going up a hill with the gas floored and you can't go 70mph up that damn thing hence the XB1, XB2 same hill, no problem.

I'm just stating, same average MPG on both the 2006 XB i had and the XB2 i currently have. If you get the same MPG from both cars but one has 40% MORE power, which will you pick????
Old 05-02-2008, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IAxB
That said, I own both, love both, but in reality the xb2 is a superior car...better comfort, and yes even room. Sure the milage is a little worse, but its got a bigger motor duh...
Originally Posted by jsigone
its really sucks going up a hill with the gas floored and you can't go 70mph up that damn thing hence the XB1, XB2 same hill, no problem.

I'm just stating, same average MPG on both the 2006 XB i had and the XB2 i currently have. If you get the same MPG from both cars but one has 40% MORE power, which will you pick????
What ^^they said.

Having owned a 2005 xB (and still owning a 2005 xA), I can tell you that the 2008 xB is plain & simple a DIFFERENT CAR. The 05 was light, tinny, loud, slow, a pain to get up a hill or around a semi on the highway. That's why I only owned it for 2 years (with a different car between). The 08 is an all-around more substantial car. More power, more comfort, quieter...it can climb a steep hill without sounding like a chain saw trying to get through a 75-year-old oak. Oh, and the best mpg I ever got out of the 05 was 28. Motor too small...must be railed to get anywhere.

It's just a different car. It's like comparing a Yaris to a Matrix (with a Camry motor). The two should not be compared.