Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Blacked out Headlight version 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DAILYXB;
An HID Retro will improve the cutoff and light output, but you know i looked through the projector and did not see what would cause the glare above the cutoff it looked pretty clean in there no obstructions? I'll search to find out more info LOL

D_Unit;
Thanks Man! after 3 coats of black fusion paint and 2 hours of taping (both lights) I was really happy with the results! BTW your ride is coming together pretty sweet you got to hook me up with you CF guy!

Zsanz:
I do have some tips, It took me close to 2 hours to take up both headlights were i did not want the paint to go, patiences, patiences patience, you really cant rush something like this, especially when you only got one shot at it. I used scotch painters tape the green one http://doitbest.com/Masking+tape-3M-...sku-780319.dib similar to this one but in 1" thickness, this has high adhesive levels for all coats. The paint i used was Krylon Fusion no sanding required 3 coats each and waited 10 min between each one.
When removing the right corners be really carefully, pop it out from the side closer to the flare not the head light.

Make sure that ones your ready to close it up the actual inside is super clean, with no fingerprints ect... and once more patiences is KEY, just my 2 cents...

Once again thanks for your comments/compliments!!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:28 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Digon
Originally Posted by tigasT_T
Originally Posted by AndreyCo
You have to take the bumper off to get the headlights out, right?
yes, you need to
This is true you could take it entirely off or just un hook it from the top. t I found that there really is no need to take it all of just un-clip it from the side fenders and make sure the bolts are removes up top.

=) I did it the easy way to!