Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Extended Warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:23 PM
SL Member

Default Extended Warranty.

I just recived yesterday the extended warranty paperwork from Toyota. We don't do a lot of mileage so we got the 5 yr 60000 warranty.
When I was talking to the dealer about it, i asked if there was roadside assistance, trip continuation and if i'd have to pay anything out of my pocket up front before any repairs.

He said yes, there's roadside assistance, free rental cars, and I wouldn't need to pay anything out of my own pocket for anything

Now, the paperwork has no mention of roadside assistance, limits rental cars to $50 a day, and seems to imply i have to pay upfront and then be reimbursed for towing. The paperwork does seen intentionally vague.

Does anyone have any experiance of using the extended warranty? I'm seriously considering cancelling it, it does not appear to have the specific features i asked about, despite me being told it does.

I'm pretty mad the dealer told me an out and out lie to sell me the warranty.

But, and here's the rub, what are the alternatives?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:02 PM
SL Member

Default EW

There must be a phone # you can call on policy...
Old 06-26-2007, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would cancel the policy and go through your auto insurance. I had a similar situation with a supplemental policy through my dealer. It may be slightly more expensive, but it will be something you can actually use. Sorry to say, but those sort of things are thinly veiled scams.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member

Along these same lines, has anyone seen a "lifetime limited warranty" offered, whereby the dealer is offering an extension of the manufacturer's warranty for as long as the original owner keeps the car? A local dealer is offering this, and although I don't think I have anything to lose, I am a bit skeptical and wonder if it is truly as good as it sounds...
Old 07-04-2007, 05:09 PM
DL
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you need a good price on a ext-warranty,

You can cancel the one you bought, save some money and get one from Troy.

Call Troy Dietrich 413-772-0231 Greenfield, MA
Tell him "David Lynn" gave you his info. No I'm not making a dime, just helping a fellow Scion brother/sister out. He sells Toyota/Scion warranties.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The scion extended warranty should also be pure price. It will be posted on the dealers site as well as posted at the dealership.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:39 PM
DL
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2008Xb
The scion extended warranty should also be pure price. It will be posted on the dealers site as well as posted at the dealership.
But it isn't

I'm glad I didn't have to pay the "No haggle Pure price" BS on my extended warranty. Yeah Toyota might not make much on the vehicle itself, but the pure "No haggle" on accessories, warranty, etc makes you take one up the you know who.

I'm tired of hearing that " No Haggle' BS from the Scion car sales people, They are smiling all the way to the bank...