Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Finished debadging my hatch today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Finished debadging my hatch today!

I kind of like it with no badges, though the two alignment holes are a problem. On the other hand, I'm thinking of installing a Toyota badge -- comments?

Name:  XBdebadgedRearAll.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  70.6 KB
Old 09-28-2009, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Looks good besides the holes....
Old 09-29-2009, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMHO, I think debadging the GEN2 isn't really that clean, in the case of the Scion badge atleast, because of that hump (extends into the rear window, under the wiper) that's made to accomodate the badge. Debading the xB badge is alright though.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fortunately, the hump at least kinda flows with the shape of the rear wiper, but I understand what you're saying. It would be better if it were just a straight line across there.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I vote for spraying the Scion badge flat black, and putting it back on.

I don't think you should switch to the Toyota badge since you have the big "SCION" sticker on the rear bumper... just my .02 Trevor. If you decide to go with the Toyota badge, at least paint it black.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just took off the xb badge, painted the scion badge black, and put it back on...in your case maybe white would look cool? Then paint the front scion badge black to flow with the grill.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE

I don't think you should switch to the Toyota badge since you have the big "SCION" sticker on the rear bumper... just my .02 Trevor. If you decide to go with the Toyota badge, at least paint it black.
Thanks man, I appreciate your input. Let me try to explain where I'm coming from.

Part of my justification for going to a Toyota badge is the fact I do have "SCION" on the bumper. This may seem strange, but I prefer to keep the link to the brand name (after all, surely Scion deserves some credit ). However, since Scion is a Toyota brand, I really don't see the conflict.

In any case, unless I'm overlooking something (wouldn't be the first time), I really have no qualms about installing a Toyota badge. In fact, if I decided to install a bB badge as well, it would even agree with it .

However, that black Vs chrome is an interesting idea. I could also be inclined to close the two holes and touch them up, though I don't know how successful that would be.

Last edited by TrevorS; 09-29-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by strtrcril87
I just took off the xb badge, painted the scion badge black, and put it back on...in your case maybe white would look cool? Then paint the front scion badge black to flow with the grill.
Thanks !

As it turns out, my front badge has already been removed, and I find the Toyota badge a more interesting design, yet still valid for the vehicle. Plus, if I went to a bB hatch badge (in recognition of the 2005 restyling of the bB -- clearly the model for the 2G xB), the rear Toyota badge would actually be in keeping.

Have to think about repainting the badge, an interesting idea !

PS. And yes, I can see the validity of re-installing the SCION badge painted flat black -- got to spend more time on this!

Last edited by TrevorS; 09-29-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah! I think I can see going flat black for both a Toyota and a bB badge. That might look pretty neat -- in a kind of counter counter-culture way (thinking of these machines being inherently somewhat counter traditional culture )! Thanks for bringing that up guys !
Old 09-29-2009, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, it'd be alot better if it were just a straight line like on the GEN1 xB. I'm thinking about debadging the xB badge though, I just need some motivation before I go at it.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not at all hard, just be prepared to take a little time. Make sure you protect your paint and, if like me, be careful to avoid breaking the xB badge as well. Gentle is the word, patience is the way !
Old 09-29-2009, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's just 3M tape isn't it? Since the Scion badge has two holes, does that have 3M tape too?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, all three badges have 3M tape, but it's pretty strong stuff, so take your time. Also beware of the alignment posts, you don't want to try to push through them. You can see where they are from my photo.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE

Originally Posted by strtrcril87
Just painted the rear Scion badge flat black and will see how it looks on the car. I'll post a photo when it's done.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

The only problem you'll get with installing a bB emblem, should you decide to do so, is that this model isn't a bB, it's a Rumion. The bB is still a valid model in Japan and the Rumion is separate. It really wouldn't flow as it's not a redesign in Japan but a whole new model.

The Toyota/Scion thing works. The xB/bB thing, not so much.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HATEnFATE
The only problem you'll get with installing a bB emblem, should you decide to do so, is that this model isn't a bB, it's a Rumion. The bB is still a valid model in Japan and the Rumion is separate. It really wouldn't flow as it's not a redesign in Japan but a whole new model.

I was just about to post something like that. On the other hand, just go "all out" and throw some Lexus badges on there!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HATEnFATE

Thing is, although the Rumion is certainly closer (basically body kit differences), it also came after the xB2 -- introduced half a year later. Whereas, although the 2G bB is a totally different chassis, that's clearly where the xB2 styling originated. Here are three photos from another thread:

Name:  Toyota-bB_2.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  37.1 KB
Name:  Toyota-bB_3.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  36.1 KB

I'd say the xB2 can be reasonably viewed as an oversize bB2 ! The Rumion, on the other hand, looks fairly different thanks to the body kit. There's also a redesigned bB badge -- that's what I would use, not the original.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Just painted the rear Scion badge flat black and will see how it looks on the car. I'll post a photo when it's done.
Here it is (just positioned, not attached)!

Name:  XBdebadgedRearBlackScion.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  93.1 KB
Old 09-30-2009, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

nice!!! def feeling the black logo Trev... looks straight fire!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yep, it does look better than the silver. That Scion badge kinda bothered me after tinting the tail lights, and it was even more of a focus after removing the "xB" badge. Well, I don't know, perhaps this accomplishes what's needed, just leave the Toyota and bB badges on the sidelines for now. Nothing wrong with having options, I guess !

Last edited by TrevorS; 09-30-2009 at 02:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Finished debadging my hatch today!