Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Go_HIN
wow this thread really took a wrong turn..... .ok lets face it... we're not driving any cars that would warrant supreme luxury top notch quality. For the money, I truly believe nothing beats it. I believe this is the best car for the money with another $5000 tacked onto it. The car's got character, its got reliability, it's got great gas mileage (true gas mileage), and modifying it is the best part, there is so much aftermarket support.

This ranking was based off of customers and their reports. Lets also remember that Scion dealerships are Toyota dealerships and we all know Toyota / Lexus dealerships deliver A+++++ service. You report a small gripe, it gets taken care of, it gets logged and its serviced. I've had nissan's Infiniti's, BMW's, and Cadillac's before..... no one handles customer gripes as seriously as Lexus, Toyota, Scion.

Lets say 18,500 people were interviewed, out of those #'s 10% of those people in the Scion population had gripes reported to Scion delaerships. I bet you had those 10% owned a Mustang, 60% of them would probably have been turned away at the dealership as a "it's not our problem".
The study, released Wednesday, measures problems in the first 90 days of ownership. It questioned 81,500 people who bought or leased vehicles from the 2008 model year.
Owners are asked 228 questions on issues as varied as braking and handling to seat comfort and gas mileage. They reported improving quality in all areas except audio, entertainment and navigation systems.
Which means, if they asked 5,000 Scion owners questions about his/her vehicle, about 7,000 problems were spoken of (138 issues per 100 vehicles). Since THEY asked random questions on the vehicle, it doesn't mean that out of 100 Scions, 138 problems were found. It means, that out of 100 Scions, people had gripes with 138 things. This includes poor gas milage (retards who don't know what 22/27 on the window sticker means), lack of telescoping steering wheel...things of that nature. It doesn't mean that EVERY Scion suffers 1.38 problems within the first 90 days.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default JD Powers

Greybox,

Every scion owner likes their vehicle for it's own plus & minus issues. For you, the fun factor seems most important. The xB IS more nimble, it weighs less, has smaller tires & has more road feel no doubt.

I too also wish for variable intermittent wipers. & I'm not sure why Toyota put the 2.4L in the xB2; I would appreciate getting better than the 32+ MPG Hwy I have now but the Quieter more comfortable Ride, Curtain Airbags, Stability Control that make it more like a Camry IS what sold me on the xB2. The upside on the large displacement engine is that it is not working so hard to get down the highway & the RPMs aren't as high as cruising speeds.

For the $$ I don't think there's a comparable vehicle in the US that also has the room for passengers & cargo. BTW it is still a fun car, just different than the xB.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:03 PM

i love my xB2!

f**k what everyone says.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SawOne
i love my xB2!

f**k what everyone says.
well put if I had just put that it would have saved me alot of typing
Old 06-06-2008, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i dont believe that scion is ranked 27....it should be in the top 12 atleast...ford has a better rank and there cars are made ____y
Old 06-06-2008, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Uhh, guys…let this one go. There are lots of great reviews on the xB.

http://scionnews.net/2008/04/29/kbbc...s-under-18000/

http://eworldwire.com/pressreleases/18137

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/ReviewsAndRat...ctedTabIndex=1

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars2008

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08...mpaign_id=yhoo
Old 06-06-2008, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OH MAN, I wish I could find it, but about two years ago we had almost exactly the same thread for the xB1's.

I waited until someone comlained about the xB not having RAIN-SENSING WIPERS before I started shrieking that it was a $15000 car with almost no maintenence costs. Derrrr.

LOL @ Kia's being better quality - yeah, until the TRANSMISSION falls out at 60,000 miles. One of my coworkers bought her Spectra at the same time I bought my xB. I've had 40,000 trouble-free miles. She has to climb in through the back door because the front two don't work anymore. Does that sound appealing to you?

3 months will show a rattle in an xB but not an imminent engine fire in a Jaguar. Why does this survey even EXIST?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZOMGXB
Why does this survey even EXIST?
Because it's done by JD Power, they're paid heavily by Hyundai and some other ____ty companys, so they run retarded surveys that the average person can't comprehend which make Hyundai's look like amazing cars. Why do you think in every Hyundai commercial they have some dumb "#1 JD Power intial quality quality"? Because it means ABSOLUTELY nothing, yet the general public thinks of it as the greatest thing ever, because it says #1 and quality.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:22 PM

JD rated the cadillac CTS high also., The car was so bad that after 4 differentials in 6500 miles, I had to dump it.
My XB is quiet as a mouse and is fast enough for a 4 banger. If you have issues get it to the dealer and have them fix it.

It could be worse, you could have a GM car
Old 06-06-2008, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

LOL Cadillac!

Nothing but a Chevy with an overpriced sticker.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At Ford quality is job one-unfortunately they never make it up the check list far enough to even get close....

The Ford GT, $150,000-was reviewed as being brilliant to drive but owners had constant problems after ever a few weeks of ownership...

Every kind too-electrical, mechanical, security issues-at $150,00 they couldn't even get it right...
Old 06-07-2008, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have had my xb2 for almost a year and they only problem i had was the hood rattling which was an easy fix.... no a pillar creak, no loose seat, no beak problems, no whatever people are complaining about.... but yes to the cheap paint
Old 06-07-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonmach12
i have had my xb2 for almost a year and they only problem i had was the hood rattling which was an easy fix.... no a pillar creak, no loose seat, no beak problems, no whatever people are complaining about.... but yes to the cheap paint
ditto except slightly over one year and not even any paint issues.

That may have something to do with the application of 3M protective mask installation the first week though.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I owned and xB1 and recently purchased an xB2 w/ 6k miles. The xB2 replaced a Ford Fusion and I could not be happier. In terms of the road noise, it is nothing compared to the xB1 and about the same if not better than an 06 Ford Fusion.

You can only expect soo much for the price. I am extremely happy with my new ride and those who don't like it did not do the research and did not understand the xB subculture.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ShaffNasty
Originally Posted by tysscion
Also, posts like yours are marring my experience, are people like this really driving Scions? If so, I take the Element community any day...
Good luck with the Honda Crowd... They r just as mean... Coming from a chevy truck and dodge car I am 100% happy with my car... I understand there will be things i dont like about my car, but i can always change them... dont like the audio, so i am changing speakers... thats half the fun of having a car...
Very well said. Granted, I've only had my xB2 for around 3 weeks. But coming from a history of Chev & Ford, There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with this car (for me yet at least), and I just Love it. it's exactly what I wanted, and if a little rattle occurs, I know how to take if most myself. The price was right, and the Modding possibilities are great.

JD Powers can take a hike.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:35 PM

I am a 1st time scion owner. I purchased the XB2gen last year in May as soon as they hit the dealers. My cousin owns a 1st gen XB and convinced me tat the scion would be a great choice.
Its definitely not the best car in the market but for the price tag it beats the competition. The XB2 has better safety features than cars in its bracket, more comfortabilty and most important a stylish look that allows mods to be made.

As for noise Im too busy listening to my IPOD, which by the way the XB2 is the only vehicle that has easy connection throgh the USB cord standard for all cars.
I will agree the paint is a little cheaper for some reason it scratches a lot easier than my wife teal corolla.
I'm happy with the XB2 the only mods to the car were 5 1/4 alpine speakers on the door and 18" rims
Old 06-14-2008, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default JD Powers initial quality rating Scion is low on the list

I agree that Scion is too low on the list. HOWEVER, remember the report is based on 2007 model year vehicles. So, the xB2 & xD are NOT INCLUDED in the report.

Expect to see a sharp rise toward the top echelon for the 2008 model year.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I apologize for chiming in at all on this thread, all of the "wtf is wrong, this is the best car ever for they money and I don't have any problems at all, so no one else has problems either" posts can stop, they are all in response to me. I love my car, I had a few early problems, Scion fixed one of them for me, which is great. I thought that I would add my experience to this thread, listing the early problems I had, which were not huge, but they were there. And I was hit with the typical "My car is great, all other cars are sucky", which is fine, that is peoples opinion, but I was hoping for a more mature discussion. So really, how many more "i have had no problems, so anyone who says that they have is stupid" posts does this thread need, I think we all got the point...