Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

IPOD help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default IPOD help!

2009 XB premium pioneer stereo. When I hook up my 60gb video ipod classic I cannot use the ipod to change songs or do anything! The only thing it does is play random songs, I can switch the songs thru the steering wheel. What gives! I want to be in full control! Anybody got a answer?
Old 08-23-2008, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got the base stereo, but i dont think you use the ipod at all. you choose your songs, albums, artists etc etc through your pioneer deck. after you got your settings down, use the steering wheel controls to change songs
Old 08-23-2008, 09:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can control the iPod using the head unit controls. The manual explains. I never touch my iPod and can select songs, artists, albums or playlists using the head unit controls. I would just tell you how, but I have a base unit so I'm not sure of the details for the premium.

It can also be changed to direct control. I think this link is for the base unit.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...t+control+ipod
The base and premium work pretty much the same way on this I think.
It might even be in your manual.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can use the head unit to select playlists, albums, artist, genres, etc. Just hold down the multi selector (the giant volume ****) and a menu will open up and allow you to select music on your ipod.
If you find that to be inconvenient and want to use your ipod to control what plays, you can turn off the head unit with the power button, then hold down the menu button until a menu pops up. From there, turn the volume to the right until you get to "ipod direct control" then push it in and change it to "on" You can now turn the unit back on and instead of displaying song information, the display will say "direct control" and all song selections (including next/previous) must be made from the ipod.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AndreyCo
You can use the head unit to select playlists, albums, artist, genres, etc. Just hold down the multi selector (the giant volume ****) and a menu will open up and allow you to select music on your ipod.
If you find that to be inconvenient and want to use your ipod to control what plays, you can turn off the head unit with the power button, then hold down the menu button until a menu pops up. From there, turn the volume to the right until you get to "ipod direct control" then push it in and change it to "on" You can now turn the unit back on and instead of displaying song information, the display will say "direct control" and all song selections (including next/previous) must be made from the ipod.
Thats it! thanks for the info guys!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that link is for the PREMIUM head unit. only the premium and i think the navi have direct control.

and all of the units can control the ipod through the "multi-selector"
Old 08-23-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

my base has direct control