Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

lady's xb

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 04:06 AM

Default lady's xb

this is my lady's 08 xb. ive been doing a few little things here and there for her.started out getting the hubcaps painted gloss black.then put performance lowering springs and dropped it an inch and a half. blacked out the emblems and shaved the xb emblem. did the black headlight mod,leds all throughout.55w hids. i also split the projector and took out the little metal piece that gives it the "flat line" light look so now the hids are about 3x's brighter.also put in a pioneer headunit with ipod hookup/charger. plans are to black out the windows and i have two competition 10" subs im going to be putting in soon.then all black 18" wheels

Name:  2011-08-06_18-24-12_370.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  41.6 KB

Name:  2011-08-06_18-24-33_8.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  2011-08-06_18-24-03_806.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  32.5 KB

Name:  2011-08-06_19-51-45_68.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  27.6 KB
Old 08-08-2011, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good Cody.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:12 AM

thanks sam its getting there.shes happy with it so thats all i care about
Old 08-08-2011, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GREENE
thanks sam its getting there.shes happy with it so thats all i care about
you ever need anything for it let me know. I really want to tint mine real real bad.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what do you mean the flat line light?
Old 08-08-2011, 03:45 PM

alright cool.and ya i think im buying tint for her next month.its her bday this month so shes getting an ipad instead. and eignub.if you look closely to a normal projector there is an appearance of the light being cut off like a flat line instead of a dispersed light.its because there is a piece of metal inside the projector that only allows 1/4th of the bulb light actually come through the projector.so with taking that out the lights are way way brighter
Old 08-08-2011, 06:00 PM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

well your a lot brighter too because running 55w hid

the "squirrel finder" metal piece when taken off make the top light cut off more straight and clear
Old 08-08-2011, 06:28 PM

all i ever run are 55w but when i put them in here they were worse than 35w.so i had to take it out.much much better now
Old 08-08-2011, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright cool.and ya i think im buying tint for her next month.its her bday this month so shes getting an ipad instead. and eignub.if you look closely to a normal projector there is an appearance of the light being cut off like a flat line instead of a dispersed light.its because there is a piece of metal inside the projector that only allows 1/4th of the bulb light actually come through the projector.so with taking that out the lights are way way brighter
i got projectors on my xa, i know how they work. if its the line im thinking of, its there to block the upper portion of the light from blinding other, oncoming drivers...
Old 08-08-2011, 08:06 PM

its on the top and bottom.completely cuts the light output to where theres not much point in having hids.plus if you see my daily driver im used to blinding others
Old 08-08-2011, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its on the top and bottom.completely cuts the light output to where theres not much point in having hids.plus if you see my daily driver im used to blinding others
Other people on the road must really hate you, and now they'll hate your lady too. I guess you don't mind having HIDs blasting your eyes when driving at night, eh?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:38 PM

actually no not at all.my windshields tinted at 35% and sides are limo and my trucks on 40s so no it doesnt bother me and i have lows/fogs both 55w.hers arnt stupid bright to where people will hate her so she should be ok.thanks for the input though
Old 08-08-2011, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I still get flashed with my squirrel finders.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually no not at all.my windshields tinted at 35% and sides are limo and my trucks on 40s so no it doesnt bother me and i have lows/fogs both 55w.hers arnt stupid bright to where people will hate her so she should be ok.thanks for the input though
Hopefully, neither of you cause an accident, and if you do, hopefully, no-one is injured. I also hope no-one else on this site is inconsiderate enough of their fellow drivers to follow your example.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your girl likes having the shocker sticker on her car?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Hopefully, neither of you cause an accident, and if you do, hopefully, no-one is injured. I also hope no-one else on this site is inconsiderate enough of their fellow drivers to follow your example.
what the hell got up your ___?its called modifying your car.maybe you like your stuff stock but i do not.nor does half the u.s. if they were causing accidents dont you think the government would outlaw them?think twice about what you say before talking ____ on my thread for no apparent reason.thanks n have a dandy day
Originally Posted by jnaval
Your girl likes having the shocker sticker on her car?
yessir.lol
Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if they were causing accidents dont you think the government would outlaw them?
Umm... actually, after-market HID's are against the law on public roadways. It's an attempt to protect the rest of us from people who do things like this, but just like so many other laws it obviously doesn't work.

:steps off soapbox:
Old 08-09-2011, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what the hell got up your ___?its called modifying your car.maybe you like your stuff stock but i do not.nor does half the u.s. if they were causing accidents dont you think the government would outlaw them?think twice about what you say before talking ____ on my thread for no apparent reason.thanks n have a dandy day

yessir.lol
Being a fellow driver and being subject to being blinded by your mod, you can very well believe I object to said mod. It just so happens that strip of metal is what allows the OE halogens to be legal. What you have done is to make the headlights both illegal and dangerous. Consider yourself and your lady fortunate if the police don't level a hefty fine. As I said, I hope neither of you hurt anybody.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
Umm... actually, after-market HID's are against the law on public roadways. It's an attempt to protect the rest of us from people who do things like this, but just like so many other laws it obviously doesn't work.

:steps off soapbox:
actually it is not.yet.they have been trying but the law has yet to pass.some cops would get ____ed and write you for other things but not that yet
Originally Posted by TrevorS
Being a fellow driver and being subject to being blinded by your mod, you can very well believe I object to said mod. It just so happens that strip of metal is what allows the OE halogens to be legal. What you have done is to make the headlights both illegal and dangerous. Consider yourself and your lady fortunate if the police don't level a hefty fine. As I said, I hope neither of you hurt anybody.
everyone has their opinion i guess.but i guess since you know everything about the law ill be waiting for this so hefty of a fine
Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everyone has their opinion i guess.but i guess since you know everything about the law ill be waiting for this so hefty of a fine
Yeah, you're probably right, it'll probably just be a routine fine likely combined with a requirement to return it to stock with verification of compliance. Still, I really do think it interesting you give not a fig for what you inflict upon others every time you turn those lights on. The roads are shared you know, we all use them!

Quick Reply: lady's xb