10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
Originally Posted by ShaffNasty
Wow someone is in college...
And has www.thesaurus.com bookmarked.

I could sit here and argue all day on neek's thread, but I'd rather not. :D
I actually am a thesaurus. I'm an Education major and I'm also a writer on critical theory. I also practice intensive reading (real books. I read more than I watch tv), Psychological studies, philosophy (with respect to philosophical origins such as understanding Beatty's "Replaying of Life's Tape" concept in relation to pre-Cambrian theory in evolution), and other studies.

I write a lot of extensive papers and I've had intensive college-prep schooling all my life, so naturally, my vocabulary is quite excellent, but certainly not unparalleled.

@Neek: I naturally assumed, and also by reading other people's posts, that you cut your stock springs. Perhaps I have been overzealous. Smart move that you didn't cut those, but I still wouldn't recommend you cut any springs at all. I know too many mechanics that would tell you not to do that.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:18 PM

your car is my background that thing is just sick!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pyroman131

I actually am a thesaurus. I'm an Education major and I'm also a writer on critical theory. I also practice intensive reading (real books. I read more than I watch tv), Psychological studies, philosophy (with respect to philosophical origins such as understanding Beatty's "Replaying of Life's Tape" concept in relation to pre-Cambrian theory in evolution), and other studies.

I write a lot of extensive papers and I've had intensive college-prep schooling all my life, so naturally, my vocabulary is quite excellent, but certainly not unparalleled.

@Neek: I naturally assumed, and also by reading other people's posts, that you cut your stock springs. Perhaps I have been overzealous. Smart move that you didn't cut those, but I still wouldn't recommend you cut any springs at all. I know too many mechanics that would tell you not to do that.

you are so young and sound like my granpa, so boringgg........
Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 PM
SL Member

I really don't see the point of this... Shocks go out. Big deal. Buy new ones that are shorter and have less stroke and you're golden.

I'm not sure how much you've personally done with suspension, but shocks go out. Not like they're expensive and/or difficult to install.

It makes me laugh when people say, "I wouldn't be able to drive it like that!!! Oh emm geezzz!!!" That's why you're not the one doing it.

I still love it, neek!!! Make me jealous!
The point of my sarcasm (and I apologize in advance because in your example, I do not speak as an uneducated pre-teen obsessed with Edward Cullen and refrain from incorrect language in my daily interactions) is to enforce the importance of correctly maintaining your vehicle. Any knowledgeable mechanic will advocate that reducing the size of your springs will devastate your car. One can liken that effect to the utilization of incorrect fuel (i.e. generic equivalents that initialize catastrophic buildup). For the time being, you will receive impressive, rather, desired results, but over time dilapidation will ensue.

The overall interest in Scion is because they're cheap reliable cars. The people attracted to them are not filthy rich; ergo, I am concerned with this person who wishes to devastate their car's performance by INCORRECTLY MODIFYING IT. If you are that concerned with aesthetics and wish to lower your car, then perhaps you should invest in lowering springs rather than cutting your stock springs. To that extent, if I were the instigator, I would deem that spending a number such as $150 is more expensive than spending $0. Honestly, I would rather spend $0 on repairs than $150 or so. I do not feel the need to express this in a mathematical inequality, so I trust you understand my point I advocate rather than resorting to more sarcasm.

The choice on this modification, of course, remains entirely up to the original poster as it is his car; however, I find it important to outline the ramifications of his actions. Insodoing, aesthetic appeal shall be achieved at the cost of performance and reliability in the future.

Being that I am a student, I find it important to abstain from trivial pursuits - for instance, repair bills on detrimental modifications. To each their own.

To that extent, I desire longevity over aesthetics and support the former over the latter earnestly. Ideally the instigator will achieve 10,000 miles with this modification so long as he drives with sincere caution. I desire 75,000 miles or more before I consider changing my shocks or repairing my suspension. As stated earlier, to each their own.

THIS SITE IS FOR PEOPLE HOOKED ON SCION NOT PHONICS . ....... POOP!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-27-2009, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please, I've helped do the exact same mod on quite a few cars owned by mechanics. Nothing will happen. At worst his shock tower mounts will mushroom, in which case he can cut and weld a new set in. Who cares if his shocks blow, he's wearing a tech shirt in one of the pictures, so I'm sure Neek knows all about the possible consequences. Oh and by the way, you're stock struts will probably blow out anyway. When I installed my DF210's(at 15,000 miles) two of the struts were blown.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TOYZ
THIS SITE IS FOR PEOPLE HOOKED ON SCION NOT PHONICS . ....... POOP!
Wow. Really? Are you serious? Really? I can't believe you just said that. Well, maybe I can.

Originally Posted by pierre_tec
you are so young and sound like my granpa, so boringgg........
Ah to be naive and uninformed. Too bad your allegation is far from correct. I like to drag race, throw parties with friends, go to the club, show off my car/work on my car, play guitar, play video games (Guitar Hero, Zelda, Call of Duty, etc.), etc.

Your hasty slanders are the reason I don't always show how smart I am. You know nothing about me, so obviously I'm "boring". Ha. Tell that to my girlfriend. But I'd prefer if we keep it that way that you don't know anything about me.

But anyway, I don't want to engage others about my personal life so I'm going to drop it and return back to topic.

Originally Posted by 91DA9
Please, I've helped do the exact same mod on quite a few cars owned by mechanics. Nothing will happen. At worst his shock tower mounts will mushroom, in which case he can cut and weld a new set in. Who cares if his shocks blow, he's wearing a tech shirt in one of the pictures, so I'm sure Neek knows all about the possible consequences. Oh and by the way, you're stock struts will probably blow out anyway. When I installed my DF210's(at 15,000 miles) two of the struts were blown.
Well since you have some experience in this department I'm definitely going to take that into consideration. I hazard the opportunity to perform a similar modification on my car with DF210s, but after hearing about shocks blowing out at such a low number like 15k, I really don't think I want to go down that winding road.

The only person I know of who has had long success with DF210s is CIONIDE. I forget where he wrote it, but supposedly he's at about 30k miles or so with DF210s on it for 95% of the duration.

So I'm not entirely sure whether I want to risk installing new springs on my box considering that a) it might cause further damage in the future, and b) I might risk voiding my warranty.

But major kudos to you, Neek, if that works out well. I'd love to have updates appear from you on this site in case you do experience issues with it in the future. I'm not an expert mechanic (my skills probably rank in the intermediate level), so I'd love to hear how this modification works out for you.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only person I know of who has had long success with DF210s is CIONIDE. I forget where he wrote it, but supposedly he's at about 30k miles or so with DF210s on it for 95% of the duration.
I'm running the NF210's (1.0"F/1.7"R drop), not DF210's (1.7"F/2.1"R drop).
I make no claims for shocks or struts with DF springs.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Back to the Forum.... Great Job Neek!!! Put flint under your car so that way if it scrapes youll get sparks>>> Vegas style
Old 06-29-2009, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry CIONIDE, I get the two confused. I meant NF springs. Ha. Had this same problem happen on a different topic.

@nelsonpuzon: That would be so awesome to see your box shooting sparks everywhere. I think it'd be worth the ticket.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I've got Hotchkis springs, 300lbs+ of stereo equipment, and my springs and shocks are right as rain. :D

I'm lower than every xB2 I've lowered with DF210's.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Cut springs? Really? I'm pretty surprised people actually still do that. Did I just warp into a Honda forum?
seriously i cant believe people this this a legit way to get their car lower.

buy a set of coilovers asap because your stock shocks will be blown in a month
Old 06-30-2009, 11:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would deem that spending a number such as $150 is more expensive than spending $0.
no ____ sherlock!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rockztar
I would deem that spending a number such as $150 is more expensive than spending $0.
no poop sherlock!
Wow. Really? Are you serious? Really? I love how people pick apart a person's argument and hear or see only what they want to. You are clearly uninformed and I find your statement laughable. Had you read what I wrote from that excerpt from quite some time ago, you would clearly understand the purpose of why I inserted that obvious, mathematical and sarcastic statement.

But from what I can derive from your plain idiocy, your eyes will most likely focus on the underlined word "why" in the former paragraph, as it is the only part of the paragraph graphically displayed in such a way that your attention will automatically be drawn to it; ergo, you'll miss my point completely. So I shall break it down in a format you can understand through a simple points system:

I'm giving you one point (1) for bringing up an argument that was brought up a long time ago and another point (count it, 1 more point) for being special. And special people deserve a special gold star, especially when they convert cliches with astounding censorship! Keep on keeping on you special star! One day you'll be able to use the S H I T word instead of poop! And maybe one day when you're old and gray, you'll be able to have a justified argument!! Congratulations! You just got 2 points and 1 gold star! GOD, YOU'RE SPECIAL!!

I've got Hotchkis springs, 300lbs+ of stereo equipment, and my springs and shocks are right as rain.
How's the ride quality on that? I'm really thinking about going lower on my box, but I want a comfortable ride. Do you notice any rough riding, and if possible, could you let me know what tires you're running?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*Double post. Edited to delete content*
Old 07-01-2009, 08:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I think everyone needs to just chill out on this guy. Everything's said and done, deal with it. If your means of coping with something he has said, don't make a post. Seriously. He'll rip you apart quicker than Sage Francis on a rap battle.
Much respect, pyroman. :D

PM'd to keep Neek's thread cleaned up! :D
Old 07-01-2009, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh I'm completely fine with Neek. No problems there. At first I thought he was just some radical xB enthusiast who figured cutting springs was a quick way of cutting corners. I warned him of the danger, but after convincing, Neek knows what he is doing and willing to accept any ramifications, albeit detrimental, that ensue.

The only thing that is ____ing me off are the dumbasses that post after and try to best me. Sorry, I'm not your average 22 year old. The reason I wrote that response to TOYZ and Rockztar is because they're two people who thought it interesting to try and run me down. Rockztar, of course, posted a response to my post earlier that had already been addressed and resolved. Not to mention, he or she warped it out of context. That's why it offended me.

@xseveredveganx: It's easy for any of us here on these Forums to punch back. I mean, we are all car savvy it seems. We all have an opinion, but that doesn't mean that everyone wants to hear it.

But I took care of your PM.

And like I said, I want to move this topic back on to more important matters rather than me defending myself from everyone's slanders.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The xB is my DD, but i seriously want to make my truck into a scraper...
Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow! Name:  party_50.gif
Views: 8
Size:  4.7 KB
Old 07-01-2009, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rockztar
no poop sherlock!
Wow. Really? Are you serious? Really? I love how people pick apart a person's argument and hear or see only what they want to. You are clearly uninformed and I find your statement laughable. Had you read what I wrote from that excerpt from quite some time ago, you would clearly understand the purpose of why I inserted that obvious, mathematical and sarcastic statement.

But from what I can derive from your plain idiocy, your eyes will most likely focus on the underlined word "why" in the former paragraph, as it is the only part of the paragraph graphically displayed in such a way that your attention will automatically be drawn to it; ergo, you'll miss my point completely. So I shall break it down in a format you can understand through a simple points system:

I'm giving you one point (1) for bringing up an argument that was brought up a long time ago and another point (count it, 1 more point) for being special. And special people deserve a special gold star, especially when they convert cliches with astounding censorship! Keep on keeping on you special star! One day you'll be able to use the S H I T word instead of poop! And maybe one day when you're old and gray, you'll be able to have a justified argument!! Congratulations! You just got 2 points and 1 gold star! GOD, YOU'RE SPECIAL!!

I've got Hotchkis springs, 300lbs+ of stereo equipment, and my springs and shocks are right as rain.
How's the ride quality on that? I'm really thinking about going lower on my box, but I want a comfortable ride. Do you notice any rough riding, and if possible, could you let me know what tires you're running?

im still waiting for my gold star dude i read what you wrote, read it outloud for yourself and see how ridiculus it is...just because you used a thesaurus to write it doesn't mean it has eloquence.

Quick Reply: LOWER...