Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

MSRP Discount!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 PM

Default MSRP Discount!?!

I picked up my xB2 last week and paid just $15,862! White 5 speed with nothing additonal since the dealer had no parts in stock. I know it's not much of a discount, but $400 is $400! Purchased from fitzmall.com
Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 PM

Hey, I will fly from SC, almost $700 in savings. You didnt pay the $99 document fees?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:42 PM

Nope, no stupid doc fees.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Aren't they risking loosing their scion franchise by "discounting" the xB?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

They can charge whatever they want, as long as they have it posted on their website and Pure Price Menu. Whatever those prices are, is what the Final Transaction Price has to be. We still have our '07 tC's priced $300 under Scion's MSRP.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by onemorescion
They can charge whatever they want, as long as they have it posted on their website and Pure Price Menu. Whatever those prices are, is what the Final Transaction Price has to be. We still have our '07 tC's priced $300 under Scion's MSRP.
ya but isnt the final price dictated by Scion Corp? If so what happens to that $300?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by equinox2355
ya but isnt the final price dictated by Scion Corp? If so what happens to that $300?
Not at all. However, those dealerships that have a different price have/should have that price posted throughout their showroom and their website. If a dealership has a lower selling price than original MSRP, then that dealership would lose much profit, which isn't much to begin with.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by equinox2355
Not at all. However, those dealerships that have a different price have/should have that price posted throughout their showroom and their website. If a dealership has a lower selling price than original MSRP, then that dealership would lose much profit, which isn't much to begin with.
Well, lets take a look at this...

An xB with auto has an invoice price of $16350
MSRP is $17180

If the dealer has 0 holdback and no other secret incentives then they make a profit of $830 if they sell for MSRP.

If the dealer trims $300 off MSRP, then they still make AT LEAST a healthy $530 profit that we know of. Or about "a nickel over" as they say in the biz, right? That's a fair deal.

If Fitz auto mall will sell the same car for $16811 (and their invoice is $10 higher at $16360), then they are making $451 profit that we know of. That's also a fair deal.

I suppose the reason most dealers wont sell for that low is because there is no dealer holdback coming to them on Scions. Is that correct?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't forget that many Stealerships make money on the "processing fee". This is something they stick you with, even if you want to handle the DMV paperwork yourself. In my local area, this ranges from $399.00-$425.00.

Fitzmall has a great deal for people, and it is great to see them debunk the pure price B.S. that many dealers try to sell you. Most will tell you that they can not discount the car from sticker price. That is a bold face flat out lie, and Fitzmall proves it ! If I had more time, I would have driven there and bought my car. I did talk with them, they faxed me over paperwork, I just was short on time and picked a closer dealership and paid more for the convenience.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default LA Area

Personally, I'd like to know what kind of buying experiences people have had who have purchased their 08 xB in the Los Angeles vicinity. I know a few people here have purchased from Longo.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Xtreme, processing fee is different state to state. VA is on average what you said, 350ish to 400ish. MD is no higher than $100.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Travis, I realize that. My point was that this fee is not a State mandated fee, it is separate from DMV or whatever your State calls them. It is a fee, designed and made up by the individual dealers to increase profit, nothing more. Years ago, this fee was quite reasonable and just covered the little bit of time that it took the person to go stand in line at dmv. Now, dealers do this online and have a supply of plates at their location. I can have an outside company come in and do DMV work for me for $45 per car. $400-$45 leave a bunch of profit for the dealer for doing nothing, and dealers do not want you to do your own paperwork !
Old 06-15-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fitzmall has a great deal for people, and it is great to see them debunk the pure price B.S. that many dealers try to sell you. Most will tell you that they can not discount the car from sticker price. That is a bold face flat out lie, and Fitzmall proves it !
On a case by case basis, no, they cannot discount the Scions. That would be negotiation. With the skinny markup on the Scions, and the fact that they are selling regardless, there is no incentive for dealers to reprice their Scions. Fitz has always had that pricing strategy, and it works for them.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The state of California has delcared that the doc fee can be no more than $55 (amended for 2007). VC 11713.1
I read that New York has something similar.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
On a case by case basis, no, they cannot discount the Scions. That would be negotiation.
But will a dealer have a set price that they sell Scions on the main showroom floor and a different set price that they sell them through the fleet/internet dept? (That would be two set prices and not changing the price on a case by case basis.)
Old 06-16-2007, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Take a look at www.fitzmall.com and click on the Scion tab and you will see how they do their pricing. They have an "Internet" price with no frills, and then a price that includes extras like free loaner cars etc... So no, they do not discount on a case by case basis, they just let the customer decide what they want to pay for. If you are from out of town, you can save $300 + over other dealers.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Won't work if you have a trade in
Old 06-16-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I went to my local dealer today and the price was $19,300. I live in P.R. so we pay more too.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Match_Box
I went to my local dealer today and the price was $19,300. I live in P.R. so we pay more too.
Whoa. I sure hope that was after taxes.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:35 AM

Yes that is including the taxes but people in PR get screwed, if you buy a car with a cost of over $43,500 (most high end cars) you pay a whooping 40% (forty) tax on them!!!!! I am so glad I moved from there to the states....

Quick Reply: MSRP Discount!?!