Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Murphys Law...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Murphys Law...

Murphys Law states: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong!

Warning VERY long rant.... lol

So I recently wanted to buy some bronze 16" rims for my BSP 08 xB... Well the Tire shop (Nation wide chain) i went to said the ones i wanted would not fit. Their computer systems fitting guide was wrong, but they couldnt order them for that reason. So i settle for my next choice some black ones. I come to find out two days later they updated thier website and system to now include the bronze rims i wanted in the first place and they removed the black ones from the site completely.

So i call back and try and change my order to the bronze ones. They so "No problem" done... So i get a call a few days later my rims are in... I go to get them installed and looky looky they are the BLACK ones... I calmly tell the guy i called in and changed my order. He gets on the computer and still tells me they wount fit... I finally tell him fine put the black ones on. They were my second choice once i found the bronze color ( they are the same style, but different company). So he tells me we dont have a price for the black ones, so he trys to sell them to me for the bronze price wich was $17 more per a rim (Black $98 vs. Bronze $115)... I laugh and say no... He has no way of checking what the online price was of the black ones and i was going to print out the price, but they removed them from the website... So we go back and forth... he finally sells me the rims for the bronze price, BUT install, balance was free so that evened things out i guess...

At this point i just want some damn rims for my car... So they start to install them. The tech come in to the waiting area with one of my tires... Appartently it has been improperly pluged before... BUT i have never had a flat tire. So i guess when i purchased my car form the dealer it was semi-pre-owned (driven off the lot but returned with less then 100 miles)... So they refuse to mount the tire because of liabilty issues... So they throw on the spare...

NEXT i go to the Scion dealer... They say the tire is not their prob because they DONT plug tires they only patch them... I tell them i bought it this way and they should have known... Well i guess they dont inspect every tire carefully. The plug is visible from the outside of the tire... So i tell them throw it on my new rim and i will drive it... It didnt leak before, so i dont care too much...

I am currently still at the dealship right now... I'll update later with more info....

Peace!
Old 06-29-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im sorry your having such problems with your wheels and tires. good luck
Old 06-29-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well problems solved... Scion refused to replace my tire, but it never leaked. So i just had them put it on the new rim... I am happy with the black rims i think they look very nice here is a pic..