Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

my custom stereo on my moped

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:51 PM

Default my custom stereo on my moped

just wanted to post a couple pics of my stereo i made for my moped. i plan on making a fiberglass sub box in my Xb. this was my first time with fiberglass and it turned out great.

i have the cd player running off the moped battery and its powering a pair of 6x9's and a 6.5in speaker. i painted the box with bed liner spray. i know its not perfect, but it looks good for my first fiberglass project.

the stereo on the moped is a huge head turner. cops dont like it too much though.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL. That's pretty cool.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol sweet! And I love how you posted this here hahaha!
Old 05-19-2008, 03:20 AM

it usually gets ppl laughing when they see it. most people are like "wtf, thats pretty cool" i even had a old guy with a walker flag me down to see what was making all that "rukus".. (i live in a city full of old people)...

to be honest, i was waiting for ppl to start _____ing about his thread cuz it has nothing to do with Xb's...

im going to look for a location in the back of the XB tomorrow to make/fit a custom fiberglass box. prob just put one 10' or 12' sub.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thread is bs.... nothing to do with xb's has no place here....
just kidding!!! I would really like to see some larger pics though so i can see what you did. How did the spray on bed lier work out / how long to dry? I have been thinking about spraying the insides of the saddle bags on my harley with that stuff, but haven't used it yet personally. was it easy to use / mix? Problems clogging your sprayer, etc... Any info you could post up or PM me on that would be very much apprecieated!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was so ready to talk smack about this thread, but that totally won me over. very cool in a nerdy kind of way. if it was me on that thing, i'd play nothing but that ridin' dirty song everywhere i went.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Coll idea, yodjent.
BTW, you have a motorscooter, not a moped.
It may have a 'moped' license because of cc displacement but a moped is a motor driven heavy built bicycle with foot pedals that can also be pedaled with no motor assist. Some mopeds require pedaling from a standstill until the centrifugal clutch kicks in and the engine takes over. Most mopeds look like very light motorcycles with a step through frame and exposed 49cc engine and chain drive. Mopeds generally top out at 35 mph.
Motorscooters have a step through body with a leg shield. The motor is enclosed below the seat or on the right side of the engine. A motorscooter has no pedals. Its only locomotion comes from the engine; 49cc up to 650cc. Motorscooters can have a twist-n-go centrifugal clutch or multiple speed gear changer with hand clutch lever. Some motorscooters go well over 100 mph.
There is a lot of confusion on the 2 terms. To make things even more confusing, Vespa actually made a moped conversion of their smallest 49cc motorscooter in the early 1970's. The foot boards were cutaway and footpedals and chain were installed. The rest of it looked just like a motorscooter. At that time in England, 14 year olds could legally ride a moped so Vespa wanted some of that market. Those machines are extreamly rare & valuable today.
Good luck with your project, yodjent!
Just for laughs, play a recording of a big Harley revving up and twist the throttle in time.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:17 PM
SL Member

Niiiiice...
Old 05-19-2008, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's a second-gen moped or moterscooter?? the debate will get heated