Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default My Thoughts When Building an 08 XB

basicly these are my thoughts on building the Gen 2 XB..

The car takes on a whole differant shape for its old BOXY shape. IMO the 1st gen has more style and more of the odd look differnt look. The Gen 2 takes on the look same as the XA's IMO Ugly but when modded the right way it will look awsome.The gen 2 is a larger car Wider Longer and the roof line was brought down.

Size of wheels, Drop, Body kit, spoiler all will play a major roll in getting the 2 gen looking top shape. You put the wornge style of wheels and Size and offset and this will throw that whole look of the car off from the begining. What my opinion having years of car customizing and award winning rides and car show judging under my belt ..

WHeels with the bolt pattern being 5x114 you can basicly any type of wheel in any offest

7.5 wide wheels are to narrow for the gen 2 it can fit up to 8.5 in front and 10s in the rear.

Those Dub looking wheels IMO doesnt cut it on the 2nd gen.

18s are a little small for the 08 xb.. but if done right you can achive the look. with 18s you have to very agressive with you width and off set. Get the widest wheel possible the fronts 8.5 and the rears you can stuffs 10s with ease with the right offest. dont go smaller than 9.5. tires streach them on. Go with an agressive drop i suggest about a 3 inich drop.

19s are the perfect Size for the Gen 2 again off set and witdh are big factors. go max width if possible.. IMO 8 front and 9 rear is perfect for daily use with no problems. this with 35s or 40 serise tires.. A 2 inch drop will be enough on 19s.. I tried my lukc with the Dish Look flat face and its looks just awsome. butagain some my not like it.

20s fit well on the gen 2 also all the same like the 19s but IMO looks nicer when tucked..

Body Lip Kit..
IMO this a must on the GEn 2 it being an ugly car to begin with.

Spoiler it brings out the line of the car in the rear due to that the back isnt box anymore and slanted. the spoiler brings the top of the roof back out and evens it with the bumper.

I hope these thing i just posted on MY OWN honest opinion will help those that are getting into buildng a gen 2

Some may dissagree due to every one has there own taste that all good.

Parts are comming out very slowly but IMO its all starts off with the right wheels. and drop...
Old 07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great read. I just picked up a gen2 white xb. I am looking into doing a few upgrades such as wheels! a must.

Being a daily driver what would you suggest? I could go with an 8.5 offset in the front with a 9.5 in the back. But tire rotations will be an issue. 19's with an offset of 8.5 for both front and rear will be more expensive but visually worth it?

Sorry don't mean to thread jack but what do you users out there think of these for a white xb2?

Old 07-02-2007, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Here's a pic of my B2...I hope you approve Marshal :o)

Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Cory loving that stagered look!!! SE leading the way!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:24 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Cory this is for Yah!!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Default Re: My Thoughts When Building an 08 XB

Originally Posted by eight08customs
...IMO the 1st gen has more style and more of the odd look differnt look...
i agree with much of what you noted -- with the exception of this quote
maybe its just semantics, but i believe that the 1st xB was 'designed' extremely well --looking great even in the basic form
the problem with the xB2 is that it wasn't designed, but rather 'stylized' in an attempt to fill a perceived focus group want. the old xB was designed with no frivolous extras, like bulbous fender flares and fake front brake cooling vents, etc. -- there was no need.
The Gen 2 takes on the look same as the XA's IMO Ugly but when modded the right way it will look awsome...
this is my biggest fear -- that the xB2 will go the way of the xA. remember, originally scion thought the xA was gonna be the big seller because it wasn't too radical, and familiar. we all know how wrong they were.
i like the xB2, heck i even own one, but think that the new scion icon will be the xD when it comes out.