Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Side Pillar Creak

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Side Pillar Creak

So as I mentioned the thread explaining everyones issue with their xb, I had a creak in my side passenger center pillar. So I took it in yesterday for the dealer to look at. I mean, the car creaked when I broke, accel., turned, and especially over speed bumps and up driveways.

The dealer finally pin pointed the source of the creak which I still don't know but the Service rep told me that excutives from Toyota will be coming out tomorrow to take a look at the issue and go from there.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:27 PM

i went through this two weeks ago....i had reps from california and some of the guys from japan who actually were from the plant... its actually the welds that came apart .. my car ended up being a the test car for what could be a recall ....my problem was from the a pillar the japanese guys fixed the problem they knew exactly what it was ...i happen to work at the dealer and it should be a service bulletin if it happens again...a few more problems i had was the motor mount was rattling and also my 16' alloys ..the center caps were peeling paint...and the motor mount and the center caps were both sent to the toyota lab to research why such things happened....

Old 07-12-2007, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by marcemarc_xB'08
i went through this two weeks ago....i had reps from california and some of the guys from japan who actually were from the plant... its actually the welds that came apart .. my car ended up being a the test car for what could be a recall ....my problem was from the a pillar the japanese guys fixed the problem they knew exactly what it was ...i happen to work at the dealer and it should be a service bulletin if it happens again...a few more problems i had was the motor mount was rattling and also my 16' alloys ..the center caps were peeling paint...and the motor mount and the center caps were both sent to the toyota lab to research why such things happened....
Assuming this (or any similar body hardware issue) does become a TSB, how long will it take to implement changes in the manufacturing process? Will it take until the 2009 model to have the bugs worked out, or will there be an update to the 2008 model mid-run?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:55 AM

i didn't get into that much detail about what the tsb will be or when it comes out ...i check the toyota site(TIS) everyday for tsb's on the xb but it has yet to be done.... when i talk to the rep next week i will ask him the question you just asked...

Old 07-12-2007, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

I noticed this noise as well. I have be ignoring it and I was thinking that is was just another Scion thing like the tC hatch rattle.

Now, I am bringing her into the dealer to see what they say and so they have it on record.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:56 PM

I hope Diahatsu didn't cheap out on the assembly.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:16 PM

Ok, the rep called me right now and he said the car is ready and that they fixed the issue. It wasn't executives that came out but engineers who came out and looked into it. I'll keep an eye out for the motor mount and the peeling of the center caps. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by QuOkinthebox
I hope Diahatsu didn't cheap out on the assembly.
Daihatsu did not build any Scion to date.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:15 PM
SL Member

Any details on where to look for a bad weld and how they fixed yours?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:33 PM
SL Member

Bump! Any more info on this? Would love to know where the fault is so we can inspect and move forward. Have dealers been notified? Who do we call? enquiring minds want to know
Old 04-28-2008, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bringing up an old issue, but does anyone else have this 'clicking' noise or had this fixed? My drivers side clicks on bumps and turns. I cant tell if its the B Pillar or the rear passenger door. Driving me nuts cuz it right in my left ear!
Old 04-28-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by marving11
Bringing up an old issue, but does anyone else have this 'clicking' noise or had this fixed? My drivers side clicks on bumps and turns. I cant tell if its the B Pillar or the rear passenger door. Driving me nuts cuz it right in my left ear!
I have the exact same thing right next to my ear it it drives me nuts!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dealership is too busy today, so I'll be bringing it in first thing tomorrow morning. I'm sure ill have to go through the same old thing where they look at me like i'm crazy. Then they take the car, tell me they doubt that I have an actual issue, and then say it's fixed hours later, only to find out the click is still there when I pick the car up. I cant wait!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

any info on the left side clicking sound? i'm having trouble with that too.. got into a terrible accident with my Fit before.. and would hate for the roof to crumple easier if its not attatched to the pillars... X_X...

SinZz--
Old 05-01-2008, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a click in my driver's side B pillar also. I only really hear it when driving slow and taking bumps or dips at an angle. I think the noise happens when there is some torsional flex of the chassis. Right now it's mildly annoying but I hope it doesn't get worse.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a click in my driver's side B pillar also. I only really hear it when driving slow and taking bumps or dips at an angle. I think the noise happens when there is some torsional flex of the chassis. Right now it's mildly annoying but I hope it doesn't get worse.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine started over a month ago and has progressively gotten more frequent. Today is Day 4 of my car being at the dealership. All i got from them so far is that it's a "welding issue". As to it being a bad weld or a weld is what will fix it, i dont know. But they said that they couldnt get to the fix right away because they needed someone from production or the factory to check it out....

Hopefully, I'll get it back today and let you all know what exactly it was.

**crossing fingers hoping it's actually being fixed**
Old 05-02-2008, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are one brave man marving11. I wouldn't leave my car at the dealership for that long to let them reweld something in a million years. I would rather deal with the annoying click then the 10 scrathches and dings the dealer ends up putting on my car.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are one brave man marving11. I wouldn't leave my car at the dealership for that long to let them reweld something in a million years. I would rather deal with the annoying click then the 10 scrathches and dings the dealer ends up putting on my car.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya it's a risk, but luckily the Manager of Customer Relations at that particular dealership is a close personal friend of mine. If there's anything wrong after the fact, she has the power to get 'er done.

Quick Reply: Side Pillar Creak