Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

So i pick up my XB tomorrow from rodland scion

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default So i pick up my XB tomorrow from rodland scion

Well i was finally able to get my XB. i will post pictures tomorrow. but it is pretty much stock. first plans are to buy nav system. the kenwood dnx7100 and then probably the headrest dvd players. yeah i know forget the people in the back seat let them watch the road...lol i might get rims before the headrests though.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:25 AM
SL Member

congrats to a new pnw owner
Old 12-15-2007, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Congrats! welcome to the forum.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bought my box there too.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok so i am a bit tonight.

ok lets make this short and sweet as i can make this. after i finally collected my money to get my XB after a few weeks of making sure i wanted the XB. did my homework as far as reading everything on here all the reviews good and bad.

i applied for credit back in november around the 18th or so. got approved for 15k with some hopps to jump. not bad ones i though. so collected the 10% down hoop. collected my prroof of income hoop. bought my insurance for the XB cleared that hoop off the list. this brings us to the remaining amount hoop. umm let a friend borrow some money a while ago and it took some time but he was able to pay me back as he knows i need it for my car. so not as far as i am concerned all hoops cleared.

so i call bank to ask a few question about the loan. well ask them the interest rate at what i would be paying two times i was quoeted 9.75%. wow that was great. next questions i asked is that the 15k amount that is i bought the scion XB that was priced at 16270 and dropped the amount oweing back to 15k out the door. would i still be ok within the rules of the loan. at least i know i asked this one time. might be more. the lady i talked to said yes were preapproved you for 15K. ok cool deal all i need to start the process was a dealership pruchase order. way cool

now thursday night i had to work late. so i call the dealership and tell them what i wanted and asked if they had it. talked to the rep from the toyota side as the scion people were out of the office. (lol they left early tsk tsk tsk) so he helped me by creating a profile or folder. said he would give it to the scion guys tomorrow when they come in and also explained that they were part of this system that helps out credit union people do a one stop thing. the system is called CUDL.

A CUDL AutoSMART dealer has signed an agreement with CU Direct Corporation for the privilege of receiving requests for vehicle quotes from credit union members. In return, they agree to make the member’s buying experience more streamlined and less stressful.

So the next morning with all my info i need to get the loan. i called the boss said he will be in by 1 pm. starting the papers on my XB. showed up to the dealership papers in hand. finished up everything i needed to do. got the new my car did not have the stereo in it. no big deal can pick it up saturday. since i had to be back at work anyway. with a new car it would of turned into a cough cough cough hi not going to be a work today type of thing. so better i go to work and not waste any of my vacation till better weather...lol so dealer calls me and says they quoeted the wrong rate. he was going to fix it and the paperwork.

so at 12:45 i get a call from the dealership. umm got good news and bad news. umm i only wanted to hear good. car is ready and detailed nicely. bad news is you bank will only finance 80% OF THE DEALERSHIP INVOICE. so seems the bank faxed over all the paper work at 12:30 pm and they close at 1:00pm. remember dealer called me around 12:45 or so. by the time i called the bank they stopped answering the phones. so i hang up and try the hitting zero to get an operator. i get the bank is close voice mail.

So i call dealership back and tell them i will not be in to pick up my XB. he said that he can get my approved at toyota finance for 3000 down but a much higher rate. yeah kind of figured that higher rate part. as i was shocked with the 9.75%. told him i would have to deal with my bank on monday since they are now closed.

So come monday someones head is going to roll for this. i wasted 4 hours of vacation to ensure i would have my XB this weekend. as i wanted to make the rodland Meet and greet going on tomorrow. well no dice on that one as i really do not want to go see my XB sitting in the service bay and not able to drive it

opps wasn't that short at all. now i do not fault the dealership on any of this. so far they have been fair with me on every aspect so far on all of this. i pretty sure this was all the banks fault on this
Old 12-16-2007, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

sorry to hear that
Old 12-16-2007, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear that. It took freakin forever to get my car from them too
Old 12-16-2007, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear that bro.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well finally got my 2008 Nautical blue Xb today. i went to my bank and asked them why i was pretty much lied to about the loan and got well you were quoted wrong information on out loan customer service line. we are no responsible for wrong information.

well went to rodland and got financing through toyota. interest rate is a bit steep but nothing i didn't already know.

big thanks to Mike and rob for all the help and info

yes i will be posting pictures. when it is sunny out and after i reclean the car. wow blue was not a good color. shows dirt yo easy...lol
Old 12-18-2007, 06:16 AM
SL Member

Welcome to the club boys. I got my 08 super white from Wilde Scion in West Allis Wi. It was in stock with only 9 miles. Service was great and I love the car. Miss my 06 a bit though.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Super White FTW! I got mine at Toyota of San Diego. In and out in 1 hour with 6.5% through Toyota.
Keep in mind that I am 24 with amazing credit FICA 780.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
SL Member

Nice: Igot stuck with 12% interest, credit not so amazing but I had to have the 08.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Boeing Employee's Credit Union is offering a special at the end of the month: 0.5% off their rate if purchase is made through one of ~50 area dealers. I'm getting a BCM xB from Burien Scion (free 8GB iPod Touch with purchase! Any one want a 1G Nano? ). Because BECU has established these dealers as "direct lenders", the financing is done at the dealer without any dealer interest added on. Should be at most 5.5%.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol 714xb umm here is a piece of info on the dealership you bought from. they killed the local BMX track to put that dealership in. not really importants info. but at the time was a major set back for BMX bike riders.

hare if you do not have good credit work of warning make them explain everything in english and get it in writing. do not take the loan line word or even think they are telling you the truth. per the person i talked to inside the credit union. well they were not responcible for what i was told on the loan call center.

yeah ryan i pretty much knew i was going to get a big hit on the loan for interest rate.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the thoughts, ibnboxin. I've always been conscience of my credit and have no worries. Even so, I will be reading the agreement thoroughly.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by RyanW
Nice: Igot stuck with 12% interest, credit not so amazing but I had to have the 08.
12%!

Please tell me you didn't get one of those monster 7 year loans too...

Bad credit = bad financial decisions = bad credit = bad financial decision=bad cr....
you get what I'm trying to say