5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Strup vs Weapon-R headers?(( UPDATE pics pg. 4 )) WR+S-Pipe

bump
Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the header won't matter, they will all sound raspy with trd exhaust.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

? Ok so becuase its a TRD exhaust it will sound raspy? Can you explain alittle so which is better Strup or Weapon r
Old 10-22-2008, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay, basically ANY combination of after market header and exhaust will result in raspy sounding exhaust. i had trd exhaust with weapon-r header, and it was raspy. it would be the same for the strup header. so take rasp out of the equation, because unless you get a big resonator welded onto your mid-pipe, it will be raspy.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

depend if you want more high end gain " 4.8k+ rpm " " 4-1 setup = strup "or a more balance gain from all rpm " 4-2-1 setup = weapon-r ". i prefer a more balance gain thats why i went w/weapon r and i totally love it. ask nolimitz he have experience w/both header and he could probably point you to a better decision.

good luck
Old 10-22-2008, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok Great, How do you like your Weapon -r ? what sold you on it?
Old 10-22-2008, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DAILYXB-TYPE-R
depend if you want more high end gain " 4.8k+ rpm " " 4-1 setup = strup "or a more balance gain from all rpm " 4-2-1 setup = weapon-r ". i prefer a more balance gain thats why i went w/weapon r and i totally love it. ask nolimitz he have experience w/both header and he could probably point you to a better decision.

good luck
thanks for the response! what type of exhaust are you running? do you end up installing it yourself?
Old 10-22-2008, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres a link

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...id++scuba+tank

weapon-r header, s-pip, cel eliminator combo, metalic core spun race cat, 30" magnaflow silencer and a tanabe touring muffler. very deep tone and still pretty loud but bearable. sound deadening is my next project.

WARNING! if you going to remove the scuba tank make sure you get some ear plugs and no popos within 3-5 blocks radius. trust me its freakin loud. i've been warning all the peps out there and hope nobody get in any trouble.

good luck and have fun
Old 10-22-2008, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Isn't that set-up in southern California just begging Johnny Law (that's what we called him in my day) to fine you big time and impound your car!?!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a Strup header. IMO it looks better.

I'm all about building a show car, not a fast car.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where did you guys get the weapon-r headers?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:48 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

If your just installing a header (and not the s-pipe) it shouldn't get that raspy if you still have the scuba tank resonator installed.

Me personally I'd get a strup header.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Weapon-R +2
Strup +2

One thing that i did notice is that the Strup headers are bent until they become one, in which they are tig welded. And I did notice that the Weapon - r headers are tig welded from the top so you don't get that cleaner look, which is not a big deal to me, not taking anything away from Strup, the weapon r headers still look pretty nice.

The weapon R headers come with a weapon r S pipe though, how important is an S pipe in performance? is it needed?

I was planning on leaving the muffler and the 2nd cat in for now, I know the TRD exhaust has a resonator so all those thing will probably help with sound, Im assuming?

Once again thanks everyone for the info this is really helping me make a better decision, keep it coming.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jingjing
where did you guys get the weapon-r headers?
Well i was planning on getting either one from "Auto Accessories Discount House" it close to my house and I can pick up locally in the OC. They had one of the best quotes so far.

they don't have a website but here is the number if you need it 714.685.6840
Old 10-22-2008, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want a more even power increase get the weapon-r. if you decide to get it keep and eye out on the sponsored sales or just give them a call..

i got the strup because i dont like stainless steel and strup was the only one that offered ceramic coat
Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Weapon-r +3

Strup +2.5
Old 10-22-2008, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You seem to be missing the point of what people are saying. There is no "better" in the broad sense, only in the personal sense. Both are excellent products and each person has to decide which characteristics are the most desirable to them personally.

In other words, no-one can tell you which is the best fit for you -- that's your responsibility. So, decide which characteristics matter most to you, and purchase accordingly !
Old 10-22-2008, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well said.
just look for something you want " 4-1 or 4-2-1 or 4-2 " then look into stainless steel or ceramic and finally decide what you want to pay for. remember you get what you pay for and i've seen strup and weapon r quality its great. if you're not willing to pay that much look into the ebay stuff. some was using it and likes it for the value. here's something i've found thought you might interested in. header and full exhaust for an unbeliveble price but probably not that well made. heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09...mZ260304093094
Old 10-22-2008, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
You seem to be missing the point of what people are saying. There is no "better" in the broad sense, only in the personal sense. Both are excellent products and each person has to decide which characteristics are the most desirable to them personally.

In other words, no-one can tell you which is the best fit for you -- that's your responsibility. So, decide which characteristics matter most to you, and purchase accordingly !
Thanks for the response, I understand were you are coming from and i also understand that at the end it will be up to me to decide what to get, the whole score thing is my opinion on either one. This is why I brought it to a Forum base so that i can get some constructed Ideas to determine my final decision based on your responses.
I just wanted to see if there were people that were happy sad with ther headers and the reasons.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DAILYXB-TYPE-R
well said.
just look for something you want " 4-1 or 4-2-1 or 4-2 " then look into stainless steel or ceramic and finally decide what you want to pay for. remember you get what you pay for and i've seen strup and weapon r quality its great. if you're not willing to pay that much look into the ebay stuff. some was using it and likes it for the value. here's something i've found thought you might interested in. header and full exhaust for an unbeliveble price but probably not that well made. heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09...mZ260304093094
Thanks for the info, WOW too good to be true huh...I think I'm gonna stick to either weapon -R or Strup.

Quick Reply: Strup vs Weapon-R headers?(( UPDATE pics pg. 4 )) WR+S-Pipe