Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

UPDATE FIX FOUND FOR B-Pillar Click

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kingshawty12
how do you know which pillar is which, sorry noob question, only 16, its confused me for a while...
A-pillar is the front pillar between the windshield and front doors (above the side-view mirrors). B-pillar is one between the front & rear doors. C-pillar is the wide rear pillar behind the rear doors, between the rear doors and the tailgate.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
A-pillar is the front pillar between the windshield and front doors (above the side-view mirrors). B-pillar is one between the front & rear doors. C-pillar is the wide rear pillar behind the rear doors, between the rear doors and the tailgate.
Thank you cionide! i had a feeling its a from the front and the alphabet there on...
Old 11-03-2011, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had noise from my passenger side b-pillar for over a year and finally got around to checking those bolts today. Both were tight. However I did notice that there are 2 plastic stand-offs on the air bag mount that make noise when they hit the roof sheet metal. I could hear them when I tapped on the roof opposite them. They're close to the metal but not in firm contact so they potentially might cause the rattling sound I was hearing when driving. I stuck some foam tape on the metal behind them and the noise is gone.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
I've had noise from my passenger side b-pillar for over a year and finally got around to checking those bolts today. Both were tight. However I did notice that there are 2 plastic stand-offs on the air bag mount that make noise when they hit the roof sheet metal. I could hear them when I tapped on the roof opposite them. They're close to the metal but not in firm contact so they potentially might cause the rattling sound I was hearing when driving. I stuck some foam tape on the metal behind them and the noise is gone.
That's what I did. I finally figured it out that those white plastic pieces were clanking on the metal, causing the clicking sound that drove us nuts. I did the same thing putting double sided foam tape on the surface the plastic tab hits and presto it's gone.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^
Old 11-11-2011, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am glad my B-pillar doesn't rattle. Never heard it I should say, doesn't mean anything. Maybe I took care of the problem sound deadening my roof? My guess is more then likely since I have almost no rattles most of you are talking about.