Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

What are you guys paying for a new xB? Financing rate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009 | 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Enough. Have a good night Florida.

Flawlessly. You have links and information.
If you need help, feel free to PM myself or whomever you would like.

With my Toyota Camrys I cross shop 6 area dealers and combine price with ease of the dealership access to me. Also I have some regular salepeople that I have come to know over the last 15 years or so and I contact them since I know they will still be around with questions or to help with bluetooth problems.

Locally the Urbana and Decatur stores have been the best with my last 6 vehicles coming from Urbana since the were the closer dealer to me. With Scion it came down to the staff and the dealership. I get free car washes for life of the car and some other perks in Urbana and it is about 35-40 minutes closer.

That is the approach I would recomend for you. BUT you must know your credit score, interest rates and what payments should be so you do not get ripped off.

So what about haggling or no haggling. It is about value. Red Lobster is more money than McDonald's. What do I want versus what do I want to spend. The xB was awesome value for my wife and I. My kids are not little and need room when they ride. The xB is perfect for us and the value was better then a lightly used Accord or Camry.

My two cents have been cast.
Old 05-27-2009 | 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First of all, I'm so sorry that I created a mess here, and I so sorry about that. I really don't want our own member being yell at each others.

Florida'09xB, thanks for your comments, I will keep that as reference when I go to a dealer this week which is the end of this month and hope that I can get a better deal.

rickbreitenfeldt, thanks for providing me all the information, I found out my credit scorce is around 700, so the rate is 5.8 to 5.9, and I did send an email to the dealer where I want to purchase my new xB, they told me the doc fee is $250, and title and license and of course and tax. I also did a calculate the payment based on the rate above, it's around $300 for 60 months after all the fee and $3k down payment.
Old 05-27-2009 | 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh one more thing is that I found out their warranty for 7/75000/0 is $1950, geez! However, I knew there is a place for a lot less in MA, I did call him about it, he told me he could sell me 7/100000/0 for 810 or 7/75000/0 for $600, what's a rip off by my local dealer, I'm thinking how to tell them I'm not buying that overpriced warranty from them.
Old 05-27-2009 | 01:21 AM

you could take over someone else's misfortune:
http://www.leasetrader.com/2008_Scio...n_144261.xhtml
or
http://www.leasetrader.com/2008_Scio...n_148529.xhtml
or
http://www.swapalease.com/vehiclesea...hicleID=505707

good thing is if you have the time, the above deals probably had the original leasee putting money down or adding dealer options which you will get for free.

usually people (like me) need to act fast and don't take the time to investigate all possibilities.
Old 05-27-2009 | 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are these lease only?
Old 05-27-2009 | 02:00 AM

i believe they are all clearly labeled as lease take-overs. you have to contact the seller and see how each one is structured.

one of them is through south east toyota financing which is the same as my own lease. i know i can't sell my lease because of the setf rules, so the fact that its being offered for take-over means that someone else couldn't pay the monthlies and setf just wants someone to get it off their hands. this is a great oportunity if you qualify.

and remember, you can still haggle the lease terms with setf on that particular vehicle because they are already losing money on it! they will bend over backwards to get you to assume the lease.
Old 05-27-2009 | 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Flawlessly
However, I knew there is a place for a lot less in MA, I did call him about it, he told me he could sell me 7/100000/0 for 810 or 7/75000/0 for $600, what's a rip off by my local dealer, I'm thinking how to tell them I'm not buying that overpriced warranty from them.
You must have spoken to Troy Dietrich at Toyota of Greenfield... I bought my Toyota Platinum 6yr./100k service contract from him for $750. I put 24k miles per year on my xB, so I went with the 6 yr. instead of the 7 yr.; he is definitely the guy to go through.
Old 05-27-2009 | 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Flawlessly
Sounds like you got a good grip on it.

I have to admit that after your warranty cost post I had to grab my paperwork and look at the price for the warranty we got. It was Platinum $0 deduct with full prepaid maint. for 5year/75k for $1875. The MA dealer warranty is a steal. I will make a note to call them to cross shop next time.

Enjoy the Scion
Old 05-27-2009 | 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sup.....Just got my 6.0 a week ago.....new to the site...trying to read all the threads i can...but i got the car for sticker apr . is 6.24.
Old 06-02-2009 | 05:40 PM

new to the forum but just wanted to post the deal that I got. It seems that no one else is getting money off the sticker price but I definitely did and the pricing is most certainly not 'fixed'. I got an 09 xB automatic for the sale price of 16549 and got another 1k off for being a college grad. Total price before tax, 15549 and a finance rate of about 5%.
Old 06-02-2009 | 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

idsane, I'm not sure how you pulled that one off, since the dealer invoice for an '09 auto is $16,535.
Great deal, and congrats!
Old 06-02-2009 | 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by idsane
new to the forum but just wanted to post the deal that I got. It seems that no one else is getting money off the sticker price but I definitely did and the pricing is most certainly not 'fixed'. I got an 09 xB automatic for the sale price of 16549 and got another 1k off for being a college grad. Total price before tax, 15549 and a finance rate of about 5%.
How'd you manage that?

I thought Scion dealers had a no-haggle policy.

Where are you located btw?

myke
Old 06-02-2009 | 11:27 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

it is a different world.. I just shopped ,y local dealer as a last ditch effort to buy a Scion.... I can get the carf at about invoice there is a way..however Scion finance bites.. I have an 838 score and they want 5.25 for 66 months...no freaking way.... Here is where they are losing I can 0.0 on a Kia Soul and 2.9 on a Cube both for 60 months
Old 06-02-2009 | 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Lets talk Scion Finance rates - Not only are they different from region to region for Toyota they are different from state to state. So Unless you are talking rates with someone in the same state its a mute point.....

Example - I got tons of calls from Cali on the 0% Camry 60 months since Cali didnt have that promo like the Denver Region did last month. Im in AZ.

AZ Rates are roughly between .5% to 1.5% less than Nevada rates for Toyota. When you see a Scion rate that is the BUY Rate... What does that mean to everyone who has no clue. That is the actual real rate from Toyota with no fluff or bs in it...

Lets talk price... I hear all kinds of stories from people posting on here that say they got this off and that off. But yet, havent seen anyone actual prove it. Most of the time when it comes down to it people arent willing to be honest and admit they paid the same as you.....Not to say it cant happen, just know how people are.. Ive even seen people Ive sold a car to say how they got $500 off or $1000 from a buddy deal..which is not true....Can you get a deal off the MSRP sure if it is posted in the store and on teh website.. We had a Memorial Day $500 OFF any Scion in stock. so yes it can happen, but rare. This "I haggled a $1000 Off" is B.S.

Like someone said your best bet is to go to the actual dealers website to see the posted price and the Finance rates. The dealer is required to sell it for that amount and give you that rate.

Hope that helps you out there man in your quest. I also wouldnt recommending leasing since with no Special APR's or lease deals the money factor is not in your favor and the payment is virtually the same.
Old 06-02-2009 | 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
it is a different world.. I just shopped ,y local dealer as a last ditch effort to buy a Scion.... I can get the carf at about invoice there is a way..however Scion finance bites.. I have an 838 score and they want 5.25 for 66 months...no freaking way.... Here is where they are losing I can 0.0 on a Kia Soul and 2.9 on a Cube both for 60 months

Pretty sad when a brand new car from Kia has to give 0% financing to get people to buy the car and Nissan isnt much better at 2.9% for the Cube.. Guess they are desperate to find buyers. Hope Nissan doesnt have to replace the motor in that car too like all their others.
Old 06-03-2009 | 12:03 AM

I actually wasn't able to haggle anything either, that was just the sale price. Stevinson Toyota West (http://www.stevinsontoyotawest.com/Home) had the scions on sale for 16549 for the month of May. The thousand off on top of that was the college grad credit that you can find on Scion's homepage. From what I know about invoice, is that it really isn't the price they pay for the car. They get kickbacks later on. Otherwise, I don't see how dealers like the one I went to could afford to build a 30 million dollar building, and still pay commission to EVERYONE that works there. I had no idea that even the financing guys work 100% off of commision, no base salary, crazy!

So anyways, yes I paid 15549 before tax (tax was around 1200 or so, man I hate tax!), but did buy a set of floormats, bunch of oil filters, and an HID kit from someone on here, so that adds a little more to the cost. Oh and also just added the dealer clear bra for 400. Apparently when the finance guys try to sell you the extra stuff, they arent allowed to haggle on the price that day, but the next day you can get any of those things at least half off!
Old 06-03-2009 | 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

5.8 here. I'm kinda surprised they are so high. Many auto companies push much better deals that this. Oh well we'll pay ours off much earlier so it won't add up to much
Old 06-03-2009 | 01:44 AM
SL Member

I got a better finance rate than posted through TFS. How long you have been dealing with them plays a part. This is my 5th car through TFS without a late payment ever. The pure pricing is BS too. If they want to sell a car, they will.

And I agree with Florida, what I payed is my business. I'll give you pointers on how to get the best deal, but I won't make public what I payed.

-JB
Old 06-03-2009 | 02:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by RockBlocker
Originally Posted by Sciond

Pretty sad when a brand new car from Kia has to give 0% financing to get people to buy the car and Nissan isnt much better at 2.9% for the Cube.. Guess they are desperate to find buyers. Hope Nissan doesnt have to replace the motor in that car too like all their others.
geeez i have a Murano and umm no problems...had Hyundai Sonata no problems...basically you just spewed sales jargon......one of the first rules in sales never insult the competition.....also you exactly described how you can get a discount on a Scion and the only way...but terrible financing from SET will send people other ways probably in this market
Old 06-03-2009 | 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jailbird
And I agree with Florida, what I payed is my business. I'll give you pointers on how to get the best deal, but I won't make public what I payed.

-JB
This thread is about what people paid, so if you're not willing to post information, why post anything at all. I have an automotive sales license and was in the business for years. Anybody can give general sales/purchase bargaining info, but this is about helping out a fellow Scion lover, as well as all other Scion fans on this site. If you feel such a need to be secretive, then you should have just sent a PM to the OP. If you got such a great deal that was legitimate, then I don't understand your need to be such a secretive "Richard" (insert nickname).

Quick Reply: What are you guys paying for a new xB? Financing rate?