Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

What are you guys paying for a new xB? Financing rate?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

ok people relax..before I have to lock and clean up
Old 06-03-2009, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
Originally Posted by Jailbird
And I agree with Florida, what I payed is my business. I'll give you pointers on how to get the best deal, but I won't make public what I payed.

-JB
This thread is about what people paid, so if you're not willing to post information, why post anything at all. I have an automotive sales license and was in the business for years. Anybody can give general sales/purchase bargaining info, but this is about helping out a fellow Scion lover, as well as all other Scion fans on this site. If you feel such a need to be secretive, then you should have just sent a PM to the OP. If you got such a great deal that was legitimate, then I don't understand your need to be such a secretive "Richard" (insert nickname).
ok a Scion dealer can post a short term sale and offer it to the public..... you can't get a one time only special deal....they have to offer the same price to everybody. In other they have to post it to give it.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by idsane
I actually wasn't able to haggle anything either, that was just the sale price. Stevinson Toyota West (http://www.stevinsontoyotawest.com/Home) had the scions on sale for 16549 for the month of May. The thousand off on top of that was the college grad credit that you can find on Scion's homepage. From what I know about invoice, is that it really isn't the price they pay for the car. They get kickbacks later on. Otherwise, I don't see how dealers like the one I went to could afford to build a 30 million dollar building, and still pay commission to EVERYONE that works there. I had no idea that even the financing guys work 100% off of commision, no base salary, crazy!

So anyways, yes I paid 15549 before tax (tax was around 1200 or so, man I hate tax!), but did buy a set of floormats, bunch of oil filters, and an HID kit from someone on here, so that adds a little more to the cost. Oh and also just added the dealer clear bra for 400. Apparently when the finance guys try to sell you the extra stuff, they arent allowed to haggle on the price that day, but the next day you can get any of those things at least half off!
See that totally makes sense and thank you for posting how you arrived at that number. MSRP minus Dealer Sale minus College grad. If you had jsut posted a price it wouldnt make sense, so thanks again

Ive been around the Scions a long time (insert 5 years) and dont know of any kickbacks like you see with GM, Ford and others.. There is no TDA, Holdback or gas figured in the price... Just Invoice so where you got the idea of kickbacks is beyond me.

Again thanks for the explanation, its rare.... Everyone have a great weekend!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:50 PM

No Problem. I mainly wanted to add the post to show any potential buyers out there that you CAN get a scion on sale and they DO offer rebates, no matter what any lieing salesman tells you about how the cars can NEVER go on sale and there have NEVER been any rebates on any Scion before (heard this from two different lieing salesmen before finding our winning dealer).
Old 06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well one correction. There are not rebates on Scions just discounts BY the dealer....and of course Toyota Financial Services College grad and Military Rebate.