Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

XB2 Car Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default XB2 Car Cover?

Hey everyone...

I was wondering if any of you use a car cover for your xB? I remember how the first gen xB had a car cover available, however I don't see one available for the current version.

I unfortunately don't have a garage, however a car cover would work perfectly -if there is one that fits perfectly. Any Recommendations you guys can make?
Old 10-24-2008, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got one from a show for my xa, however after some research, it turns out the car cover is ment to use when the car is stored in a garage. If its out in the weather, the wind will move it around and blow dust under it and cause problems with the finish. So, I never used mines.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member

I have to park in a carport and use mine every night. Its custom fit for Gen II. Bought directly from covercraft.com

Old 10-24-2008, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, first off, remember that you should never cover a dirty car. Any cover will scratch if theres enough dirt on your paint.
Anyway...
I got a CoverCraft custom fit cover. I got the NOAH material, its good for outdoors and the price is pretty good. As far as the fitment, it fits perfectly. They ask you if you have the factory spoiler, and if you do, they take that into the design.
The only thing that may bother people is the antenna. You have to fold it down to put the cover on. Not a big deal for me, since I usually only listen to my iPod. Radio reception isnt too bad with the antenna down either though.
Final thoughts: The box shape is a little awkward to cover. I'm about 5'8", and the top of the xB is a little hard to reach to get the cover all the way over. I usually try and hook the back of the cover over the spoiler to keep the wind from getting it. If you get a system down though, its not bad after about a week. Only when its windy/raining, then you wish you'd never have bought the damn cover. :D

Feel free to ask me questions
Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

autoanything.com is what i found is the cheapest.. dont get anystyle lower the Noah..

I would have go against what buickid posted about never covering your dirty.. I have owned only black cars and all show cars.. and daily drivers.. I donthave a garage and park at work at the airport.. i cover my car no matter what dirty or clean.. i dont think its true that it scratches the car. becuase my car is scratch free till today..

BUt thats my take on it..
Old 10-24-2008, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh mean. Everything I've ever read has said not to cover a dirty car. Someone said our xBs have soft paint. I wonder if this makes a difference. Cool to see you're from Hawaii too!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the feed back, looks like I am on the market too as birds love to poop n my ride. I guess now they will poop on my cover?

Yup, I had the scion one with the big scion logo on it and window for the license plate. Never used for fear of damaging the terrible paint job that car had.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh, yeah, they'll poop on your car cover. But at least now it wont etch the paint!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I move to a nicer neighborhood, I'll probably get the NOAH. Right now, covering my car will just get it stolen or screwed up.