Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: xB2 Vs. xB1

Originally Posted by daneisthegreatest
so i know you have probably heard that not alot of xB drivers like the xB2...so my question to all of you xB2 drivers is...what do you think about the xB1, what do you like more about yours, what do you not like about it etc...
take a look at my sig link, i loved the original xB! i had to sell mine shortly after i bought it due to health reasons and was depressed about it and ended up getting a Pearl white Solara...do not get me wrong, the Solara was a great car, but i have wanted an xB for a few years now and was able to swing it last week...

i just sold it and bought the 2008 xB last week! i am really happy with the new xB, although it took a whille to grow on me since i had really been drawn to the original xB's uniqueness.

one of the things i like most in the new xB auto is the S-mode in the automatic - essentially an auto-shifter that really utilizes the engine well! reminds me of my old one that had a stick in it.

it brings back that feeling i ahd when i owned my original one and i am having fun with it!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TuningIsLife
OK This is coming as a F/I xB1 owner. Infact one of the orignal owners. I have known about the Scion brand since I worked for Toyota the first time back in 2002/3 I remember there being a link on Toyota's site that said Scion.com I was like whats this? It was nothing but a colage of pictures of young people. So I was like ok, keep me informed.

Then in 2004 I was looking for a new car, and I remember going to a dealership and the sales guy trying to put me into a marron demo sebring 4cyl. I was just like this isn't me, I want something more tunable, But I didn't want an Eclipse, or a Cavi or a Honda. There were a lot of cars deamed as "girl cars". I wanted to be different. That's when I remembered Scion. So I looked it up online and was like, I kinda like this. It's so new, noone has it. I walked into the dealership the next day and looked at one, test drove it, I was like I kinda like this. Mind you I was driving a baby blue mazda 626 lx v6. So I was like order me a black manual. They were like there are none in the area. I was like order me one. Three month later, I get a phone call I had been waiting on while I was down at the beach. My car was in, I drove home, picked it up, and drove back to the beach the next day. It was awesome, I could sit my friend who was 6'4" in the back seat with no problems. then the parts explosion started. I could get every part I wanted for the car.

Then the itch started. I wanted projectors, with HIDs. I wanted different taillights cause the stock ones sucked. I wanted it to be faster cause 108hp was not enough for me. I was constantly taching 4000rpms in 5th gear. It was horible trying to merge or go around someone. I always had to drop it to 3rd gear and floor it. Then ZPI developed this kit, and a guy I knew had the prototype. I knew I had to have this kit. I loved the stelthiness of it. When he listed that he was selling it, I knew I had to have it. So I purchased it and installed it in april. Being that I install car audio, there were some audio tweaks I wanted to do to it. I wanted to put in real tweeters and speakers in the back doors since back in the hatch is pointless. My back kills me after 30 mins of riding around and I want something better. I want just a little more cargo space and some more power.

Now I am considering the 2008 xB2 in BSP. It has cruise control, (something I wanted), it has mirror turn signals (something else I wanted since the RS2) it has projectors, sport seats, a bigger engine, a proven motor at that, it is supposed to ride nicer and all around be a better car. When I was checking it out, I tried out the A/C and was like eh same as mine, then the cold blast hit me and I was like wow.

When I find the time, I will make it out to the dealership to test drive one in manual. When I find more time, I will convert my xB1 back to stock and see what its worth.

To be continued....
hopefully you will not have to wait 3 months for one this time! my dealer ordered my Super White xB from the docks cause she knew i wanted a white automatic and it arrived the night before i went to the dealer to sign the paperwork - it only had seven miles on it and i am lovin' it!!