Notices

Autoloc Air Command

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:26 AM
SL Member

Default Autoloc Air Command

Anyone hear of or have used the Autoloc Air command?? Its a digital controller for air suspension

http://www.vtkustoms.com/Gauges.html#Air%20Command
Old 03-10-2009, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

<insert crickets>.... chirp chirp
Old 03-11-2009, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I were to go with a digital controller I would go with Air Ride Tech, Air Lift, or Dakota Digital...they've got alot more experience with air suspension than Autoloc. Don't get me wrong, Autoloc makes some good stuff, but they're new to the air ride game.

I had a Dakota Digital guage/controller in my S10, and it was good quality, but the one I had was before they had the ride height sensors. So it set ride height based on pressure, and it wasn't very precise. It would basically set pressure to within 10 psi, which made a big difference on my truck. I'm sure the systems with ride height sensors are much more advanced and accurate.

You can never go wrong with a manual switchbox. I would get one regardless of what digital setup you go with. The digital stuff just isn't as easy to play with, and it reacts slower than a manual setup. You'll run into plenty of situations where you'll need to raise your car really fast to avoid something in the road or when pulling into driveways. Every split second counts. I always rode with my switchbox in my lap just in case.

BTW, that Autoloc setup doesn't use ride height sensors, it goes off pressure sensors like my old Dakota Digital setup. I would recommend going with a basic Dakota guage that reads pressure on the tank and all 4 bags, and use a manual switchbox like this one from AVS.....http://www.suicidedoors.com/air-mana...-rocker-switch...or one of the other various models they make.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My suggestion is stop the research and try what comes in the package deal you are getting. Then if you do not like it for some reason you can try something else, but I think you will be more than happy with the Digital Controller in the Easystreet kit that you are getting basically for free with the kit.