Notices

Dropped the rear sway bar, improved ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
That being said, if you want to soften the ride a bit, Monroe Sensatracs tend to be a little more compliant than the stocks and they won't lower the car at all.
Monroe does not make shocks or struts for the 2nd-gen xB, unless you know of Monroe part #s for some other vehicle that has the same size, damping and mounting points as the xB2.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Superdog
Chill out people. The curtain rod is back on.

I don't want to lower the car, I want to smooth out the ride but it keep it stock height. Per the search button, it's a common request here and there doesn't seem to be much of an answer as there is no one making OEM replacement shocks or springs that would improve the ride and keep the stock height. This must be the first car I've seen that's been out for 4+ years and yet you can't buy replacement shocks for it unless you move to a sport shock which is not what I want.
Sorry for the repeat, but as noted earlier, never remove anything from the car without fully understanding its purpose.

As far as aftermarket shocks/struts go, KYB has good OE replacements for my Eclipse, though I'd say the performance is actually a tad better -- kind of a minimum upgrade, but very satisfactory and reasonably priced.

I just checked to see what they have for the 2008+ xB and they do have OE replacements for the struts (front), but apparently not shocks (rear).

The Struts are EXCEL-G 339204 and 339205. FWIW -- If you spend time looking around, I expect you'll find alternatives !
Old 05-21-2012, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say don't mess around; just spend the $330 for Tokico HP Blues, and be done with it knowing that you have great performance shocks & struts that shouldn't need to be replaced for a very long time (in addition to working great with any lowering springs that you might put on).
Old 05-23-2012, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ken always has old man, logical advice and ruins everything. Damn you!!!! LOL

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
I say don't mess around; just spend the $330 for Tokico HP Blues, and be done with it knowing that you have great performance shocks & struts that shouldn't need to be replaced for a very long time (in addition to working great with any lowering springs that you might put on).
Old 05-23-2012, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tha_insane
Ken always has old man, logical advice and ruins everything. Damn you!!!! LOL
It's the curse of wisdom that comes with old age.