Notices

Feedback on Air suspension U.A.S.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Feedback on Air suspension U.A.S.

I am Looking for some feedback on how you like The Universal Air Suspension (U.A.S.) Air ride kits for the XB?

Is there any questions you have on the Air kits you already have on your XB?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

IM am in the process of fitting the first gen kit on the 08 XBs. its pretty much up front and just some minor adj. for the rear to make it fit. Lucky yhe new XBs there a hole that you can access on the top of the rear perch in which you can use the exisiting hole to bolt the top in. I just had to fabricate a new upper mount.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Im looking for air guages now. I will do a how to install topic on installing the kit in an 08 xb..
Old 07-10-2007, 12:41 AM

keep me posted on the project, and email me some pics when your done I will post them up on our website with your shop name on it . Let me know if I can help with any questions you may have.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think if you guys offered an actual kit maybe based off of Marshall's fabricated brackets etc it would sell better. Not everyone has access to the proper equipment and/or the knowledge to make the adjustments needed to fit it. If you made a true "bolt on" kit I know I would be in line to buy it!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by UniversalAirSuspension
keep me posted on the project, and email me some pics when your done I will post them up on our website with your shop name on it . Let me know if I can help with any questions you may have.
im just going front and back.. no lowrider side to side action. i need advice on what gauge i should use. i know there the round one and that rectangle one they both cost the same..
Old 07-10-2007, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by skullsandcandy
I think if you guys offered an actual kit maybe based off of Marshall's fabricated brackets etc it would sell better. Not everyone has access to the proper equipment and/or the knowledge to make the adjustments needed to fit it. If you made a true "bolt on" kit I know I would be in line to buy it!
We do offer a complete bolt on kits for the first gen xb with Koni Struts, its not as popular cause it cost $550 more. Seems 90-95% of our customers rather just modify the stock spring perch on the factory struts.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by eight08customs
im just going front and back.. no lowrider side to side action. i need advice on what gauge i should use. i know there the round one and that rectangle one they both cost the same..
If your talking about digital gauges, We have found that Dakota Digital Gauges Work the best for us and they have great Customer service. I wouldnt use any other Digital myself. You can also go with a regular round dual needle gauge for a front back system, We use the Viair 220 psi gauge, due to it handles the higher pressure and dont have the problems like the standerd 150 psi gauges do.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If your talking about digital gauges, We have found that Dakota Digital Gauges Work the best for us and they have great Customer service. I wouldnt use any other Digital myself. You can also go with a regular round dual needle gauge for a front back system, We use the Viair 220 psi gauge, due to it handles the higher pressure and dont have the problems like the standerd 150 psi gauges do.
what is better

this one

or this one

and what else will need? the senders?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by skullsandcandy
We do offer a complete bolt on kits for the first gen xb with Koni Struts, its not as popular cause it cost $550 more. Seems 90-95% of our customers rather just modify the stock spring perch on the factory struts.
I guess I am the 5-10% who don't mind paying the extra for a kit that I don't have to modify anything to install.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM

what is better

this one

or this one

and what else will need? the senders?
Quality of the two are the Same, it's just a prefference on what you think would look better to match up with the dash or where your going to mount it.

you need the digital senders and fittings to adapt them in. oh yeh and some standerd wire to wire it up.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have bags on my silveardo. ..and at first i got Dakota Digital gauges but replaced them with analog gauges from KP Components which are much better. the digital ones were inconsistent. they sent me a few replacements but i was never satisfied...look into KP Components.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

got the bags in my 08 xb.. had to fabricate the front.. it worked but it raised my car 1 inch more when its all the way down.. i think i have to lower the saddle more.. I dont know if other brand of bags has this metal sleve inside of the bag to keep it from colapsing all the way down.. but if it didnt have that sleave it would slam.. i can lower the saddle one more inch before it rub the tire.. but that will only bring me to where I started with the drop springs.. I want to tuck the tires.. Also it will have no air and be all the way down so the ride going to be rough as hell..

the rear i know what i have to do.. i it tucks about 1/4 if the tire and i can get it to go lower by shaving the mounts and taking out the bump stops in the shocks and getting shorter shocks..

Any advice on what i should do..

here is the front strut set up

Old 08-14-2007, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I installed the rectangular digital gauge in my buddy Ray's xB. Its pretty sweet. And since its electric, its easier to run wires than air line.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

alright im pretty much done.. the first Bagged 2nd gen!!!

had to modifiy the crap out of the front to get it to go lower.. but Ill have to warranty the right front bag in which has a leak in it where UAS crimps it..

I can go lower if i can find pillowball mounts.. it will prob bring it down another inch.

the rear Ill just make some minor Adj to get it to go a little lower.. shorter shocks and takingout the bump stops

Old 08-15-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

looks hot man!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:21 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

thanks man..
Old 08-22-2007, 11:57 PM

had to modifiy the crap out of the front to get it to go lower.. but Ill have to warranty the right front bag in which has a leak in it where UAS crimps it..

I can go lower if i can find pillowball mounts.. it will prob bring it down another inch.

the rear Ill just make some minor Adj to get it to go a little lower.. shorter shocks and takingout the bump stops

On the 1st gen we would flip the upper factory bearing plate to the inside of the engine compartment and it would drop another 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches on most cars. Did you try that yet? if not call me and we can work on getting it lower together.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

On the 1st gen we would flip the upper factory bearing plate to the inside of the engine compartment and it would drop another 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches on most cars. Did you try that yet? if not call me and we can work on getting it lower together.
First time i heard of that.. whats your name and number..
Old 08-23-2007, 04:19 PM

Richard 1-800-864-2470 ext 113

Quick Reply: Feedback on Air suspension U.A.S.