Notices

Feedback on Air suspension U.A.S.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Lol!! I was just going to ask if Richard still worked at Universal Air.

Dirty is my boss here in SLC. Kuz I Kan Kustomz.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

How much was the kit?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After I get my 08' xB back, I so need to bag my xB. Especially with the body kit that is being put on.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hellz yeah, with the limited amount of springs and coilovers available...bags are looking mighty fine right about now. I wouldn't be the one installing it of course but Air Suspension U.A.S. seems like a good company to look into. Too bad right now there's no kit available.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by eight08customs
got the bags in my 08 xb.. had to fabricate the front.. it worked but it raised my car 1 inch more when its all the way down.. i think i have to lower the saddle more.. I dont know if other brand of bags has this metal sleve inside of the bag to keep it from colapsing all the way down.. but if it didnt have that sleave it would slam.. i can lower the saddle one more inch before it rub the tire.. but that will only bring me to where I started with the drop springs.. I want to tuck the tires.. Also it will have no air and be all the way down so the ride going to be rough as hell..

the rear i know what i have to do.. i it tucks about 1/4 if the tire and i can get it to go lower by shaving the mounts and taking out the bump stops in the shocks and getting shorter shocks..

Any advice on what i should do..

here is the front strut set up

whats strut are you using and is that the bag from universal air that goes right on the strut? Any info would be great. the back is easy it just coils like a truck.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ Looks like the stock struts. And they were modified with the bottom mounting plate welded on.

And Richard with UAS is awesome!

Take the stock strut apart with a spring compressor. You can borrow/rent a spring compressor for your local auto parts store

Then figure out how you're going to mount the strut bag over the strut:
Old 11-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

youll have to cut that saddle off all the way to the weld and weld the mount to the strut.. the upper side you will have to toss the upper sring mount that goes betewwen the spring and brearinng.. THE bearing you will have to grind becuase the upper bolts that bolt to the top of the bag will rub.. when you bolt it to gether youllhave to space it up with some washers or make a shim so those bolts will just clear the breang.. that how you get the lowest possible.. IF you dont do all what i just posted the car will not sit low. Trust me I did the first one and yes UAS can claim the first Gen 2 XB..

Been in my car for over 3 months and not one porblem yet.. Just make sure you dont over tighten the fittings on teh bags becuase they will crack..

Got my kit used but New from a guy in hawaii that tried to instal it in his first gen but it didnt slam..
Old 11-20-2007, 06:03 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I wish there was some way I could route the air line out of the TOP of the strut bag instead of out the BOTTOM. The top is stationary, but the bottom moves up and down.

All the movement puts stress on the airline, and makes it a pain in the ___. I had to get some stainless steel braided lines (like the leader hoses on compressors) made up because the standard PTC fittings couldn't handle all the movement.

1) How did you deal with the air line coming out of the bag?

2) What air pressure (front & back) do you usually cruise with?

Congrats on the first bagged 08 xB. That is awesome!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:15 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Oznium_com
I wish there was some way I could route the air line out of the TOP of the strut bag instead of out the BOTTOM. The top is stationary, but the bottom moves up and down.

All the movement puts stress on the airline, and makes it a pain in the butt. I had to get some stainless steel braided lines (like the leader hoses on compressors) made up because the standard PTC fittings couldn't handle all the movement.

1) How did you deal with the air line coming out of the bag?

2) What air pressure (front & back) do you usually cruise with?

Congrats on the first bagged 08 xB. That is awesome!
i felt ok with the airline comming out from the bottom.. it only has to flex a litto when you turn.. Air runner line comeout the same way.. I used 1/4 inch hose becuase and wrapped it with wire loom..

front i roll with about 130 to 160 but mostly at 150
Rear about 30 to 60. but mostly at 50
Old 11-21-2007, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Only problem with running the stainless braided hose is it's kind of stiff. Hydraulic hoses can work well, but once again, stiff.

Be careful with fitting selection, too. If you run regular DOT air line to the bag, I'd run a compression fitting. NOT a press in fitting. Press ins have their place, but I'm a firm believer in the compression fittings.

Sorry, I've done a few bag installs in my day...
Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So is UAS working on a kit? I would like to go straight to bags when I get mine...
-nick
Old 12-02-2007, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I just finished using universal air kit on the Infinity M45.... car drove very smooth might be looking into picking up one for the 08 xB
Old 12-02-2007, 12:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

^^ REALLLY, Buddy?!?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:35 PM

I have this kit to , if you have not allready use med lockt tight on the bag bolts, the only thing I wish i had done is use only 4 valves insted of 8 the individual dumps are never used , I had to cut the front sleeve in half and a little of the rear . cut bump stops , I blew a rear shock because the shock dumped to low it leaked oil, I switch to stronger lower trd shocks. don't forget to add the air guage in the install. Good luck fun stuff.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:54 PM

Marshall your xB looks sick man!! I too am using Universal Air Suspension for my xB. I have to in order to get me over those driveways with the Spirits Kit that I own.

I had to custom make my set-up here at PrecisionMuffler.com with some cutting and welding too. The bags are UAS, the struts are Koni's and the air valves were given to me by the Koshak Family.

The Valves were in this vehicle:

Old 12-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

looks awsome Gabe.. UAS is a good kit but my first preferance is Airunner in which is getting installed..
Old 12-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Airrunner = too slow for me - I wan't something I can play with - gangsta lean, yo!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so are the front struts of the gen1 the same as the gen2? i have a 05 baggd xb, and i have ES sleeve bgs up front, and slams in the rear, and not once have i ever had a problem with anything.

i just read another thread that people were using gen1 springs in the gen2, which makes me further thing the susension is simaler. obviously the weight between the 2 vehicles is different.