Notices

Ksport adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Ksport adjustment

they ride super duper stiff even on soft setting. is there anything i can do about this? also there is next to no wheel travel in them. is that normal. I think im just stuck with this crappy ride but my brother thinks we can adjust it to make it feel a little smoother. true or false
Old 04-21-2011, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

you adjust it to a certain point but with sportier suspension doesnt come much comfort.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have my stiffness somewhere in the middle but even on softer it is really stiff. Coilovers are performance based but overall I'd say the ride quality is pretty comfortable.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hated my coilovers for ride quality. even on soft the ride sucked. DF210s FTW.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I think my KSports ride better than my Hotchkis springs... I love m KSports.

I started on the softest setting and turned the front up to 15 clicks and the rear at 10. Rides great to me. I just avoid potholes.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

stupid potholes. destroy wheels/tires and kill suspension
Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you dont like them and want to sell them let me know.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess this is what I needed to hear.. I have recently discovered that I have compressed vertebras in my lower back and I need all the comfort I can get.. I was looking into coilovers simply because I didn't want to lose travel in my shocks with a lowered spring but if the ksports are that ruff riding then I will probably go with some tanabes..
Old 09-13-2011, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If someone would just make an adjustable shock...even a THREE way adjustable..i would stop wanting coilovers.....comon koni....
Old 09-14-2011, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
I think my KSports ride better than my Hotchkis springs... I love m KSports.

I started on the softest setting and turned the front up to 15 clicks and the rear at 10. Rides great to me. I just avoid potholes.
k-sports
Old 09-14-2011, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you adjusted the spring rate? Or just the ***** on top about the soft to hard? I don't have them for our cars but had coilovers on my last car. Adjust the spring rate will help tremendously. Honestly I think coilovers are more comfortable because they don't bounce you all around they hit a bump and go back to where there suppose to.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oreoremix42
Have you adjusted the spring rate? Or just the ***** on top about the soft to hard? I don't have them for our cars but had coilovers on my last car. Adjust the spring rate will help tremendously. Honestly I think coilovers are more comfortable because they don't bounce you all around they hit a bump and go back to where there suppose to.
Is that what these lowered springs give you? That pogo-stick ride? I thought we only got that back in the day from cutting our springs or just heating them up and watched the car lowered. I haven't lowered anything in years. My bikes are all on adjustable air and I've kept my cars stock until I bought this toaster and after putting the wheels on it, I've decided it needs to be lowered.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I haven't adjusted the spring rates, but I am heavily considering getting some Swift coilover springs all around. Probably run 9kg/mm or 10kg/mm up front and 7kg/mm or 8kg/mm in the rear.

I've really been considering this.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kingofthecrate
Is that what these lowered springs give you? That pogo-stick ride? I thought we only got that back in the day from cutting our springs or just heating them up and watched the car lowered. I haven't lowered anything in years. My bikes are all on adjustable air and I've kept my cars stock until I bought this toaster and after putting the wheels on it, I've decided it needs to be lowered.
No I think stock is WAY bouncey. Pogo stick will rebound, I have this incredible bumpy road by my house up through the mountains and because the suspension would drop or anything unlike factory setup/springs. I would almost glide across the top of the bumps instead of being all over the place in my car. My 3000gt was very comfy and it was fully stripped out and had racing seats in with most of the suspension work that could be done, done.

I haven't adjusted the spring rates, but I am heavily considering getting some Swift coilover springs all around. Probably run 9kg/mm or 10kg/mm up front and 7kg/mm or 8kg/mm in the rear.

I've really been considering this.
What is the current spring rate?
Old 09-15-2011, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

What is the current spring rate?
KSport states 7.5kg/mm in the front and 4.5kg/mm in the rear.

I'm thinking 9kg/mm and 6kg/mm would work well with Swifts.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

KSport states 7.5kg/mm in the front and 4.5kg/mm in the rear.

I'm thinking 9kg/mm and 6kg/mm would work well with Swifts.
Can you give a quick comparison of your Ksports vs hotchkis springs on OEM struts/shocks?

I LOVE how predictable it is during "spirited" driving, and imagine that being able to dial it in will only make it better!

My concern though...is that I DD the xb, and take it for quite a few multi- state road trips, as well as tow (mine and my brothers) motorcycles to the dragon yearly. Is the ride acceptable on the highway, or is it insanely bumpy, even with the coils set to their softest setting?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

In my opinion, ride is MUCH better than the Hotchkis/OEM setup. It's a little bumpier on rough roads, but that's expected. There's a spot on a patch of interstate that kind of has some whoop-ty-doos, Hotchkis I could feel every bit of it, KSports: marginally.
I've dialed the stiffness up a bit. Probably about half way up front and a little less than half on the rear. So I don't have them super stiff. On the interstate, it's like BUTTAH. You can still feel minor bumps and imperfections, but I prefer that. I really can't complain about the ride quality at my ride heighth.
I took my car to Vegas a couple months ago and everything went super smooth. I've owned my car since July of 2007 and have almost 85k on the ODO. I drive the snot out of my car. If the coilovers rode poorly, I would have done something by now.
I also feel that the TRD 19's with 235/35R19 Kelly Fierce Instinct ZR's rode worse than my Rotiform 19x9.5's with 225/35R19 Achilles.

*edit* I still have to keep an eye on the road for mean, sharp, dips and bumps. I just avoid them all together. I'm sure that if I had the dampening on the softer side, I wouldn't have to worry about it.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you set them to full soft, is it comparable "ish" to an OEM ride, or still super harsh?
Old 10-14-2011, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I didn't run mine at full soft for much more than a block. Every bump I hit, I rubbed. But even 5clicks up from soft, it was really plush. I didn't think it was harsh at all. Since you're running larger tires, that'll help further.