Notices

Painted your brake calipers yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Painted your brake calipers yet?

I was just wondering if anyone has painted their new brake calipers yet? It would seem like when the car is new would be a great time to paint them and it does not cost much ether. I will be doing this to mine when I get it and replacing the rubber brake lines with the stainless steel ones.

Al
Old 06-21-2007, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a fun/easy project for sure.

Here's what it looks like on an '04 xA.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would agree that it really is pretty easy to do and beings the cars are new you shouldn't get too dirty. Everything should come apart and go together easy. This would be an easy mod for those that are not too mechanically inclined. Although I would recommend getting someone to help you who knows brakes before you tackle this. You don't want to have pretty brakes that don't work.

I use to be a marine engine mechanic and always had friends who wanted me to do this or that for them on their boat. What I would do is make them do the work and I would supervise and help as needed to insure the work was done right. You would be surprised at how many of my friends said after the job was done, That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be." Cars are a great hobby and also allow for some great learning and the making of many new friends. Don't be afraid to try doing some of the work yourself. It's a great feeling to say, I did it myself.

Al
Old 06-21-2007, 04:19 PM
SL Member

Dooly already did it. Here is the link:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=178778
Old 06-21-2007, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your car looks really great and your not even finished yet! Have you thought about adding another back up light to the right side to balance it out? It looks like this would be an easy mod but without having the car yet I don't really know. I am going to look into this when I get my car, soon I hope.
Al
Old 07-09-2007, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member

Those are really nice enkeis...good job!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:01 AM
SL Member

I have always wondered this so I guess it's a good time to ask..

Why do people paint drum brakes?? It's like a big advertisment saying "hey look, I've got cheap rear brakes!! Look here I painted these big red garbage can lids.. see!!"

I mean, exotic cars and sports cars started the trend by having painted calipers. Everyone thought it looked good (and it does) so everyone from BMWs to civics started painting their calipers. Then the guys with cheap brakes thought it would be cool to paint the entire rear drum. What the heck are they thinking. Looks foolish. If it isn't a classy mod and makes the car look ricey just don't do it.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 AM
SL Member

lol not to jump on a bashing bandwagon but i do agree.. also the xb2 that is linked on here was F-in bad.. alot like what im modding twards on my white one