Notices

Warranty Question about the suspension system/shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:45 PM

Default Warranty Question about the suspension system/shocks

Does anyone know if the scion xB warranty would cover possible misallignment from hitting a pothole??? I hit a pot hole the other day with my low-pro 20's and ever since my car has been veering left by itself. I rotated the wheel because i thought it might me a rim issue, but that didnt help, so im worried the shocks or something with the allignment might have gotten damaged. If so, what should i do, and would the dealer help me out??? Should I put the stock rims and tires back on before i take it to the dealer???
Old 09-19-2008, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You hit a pothole & threw the alignment off. It's not covered by the warranty. Man up and go pay to have it realigned.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:21 AM

im honestly not sure if its from the pothole, but it seems to have gotten worse since then. I think there is an underlying issue, because there seems to be quite a few people having the same issue with 20's and the car veering to one side or the other (ive sifted thru the forums)...its not the air pressure, the pressure is the same on all four tires....im not sure what to do, n besides if its honestly the pothole issue i would pay to repair the damages, my question was simply whether or not it would be covered and if the dealer would help me. Can someone else offer any further insight besides this ill-tempered guy who was abosulutely no help, lol...
Old 09-20-2008, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by EgyptianScion
im honestly not sure if its from the pothole, but it seems to have gotten worse since then. I think there is an underlying issue, because there seems to be quite a few people having the same issue with 20's and the car veering to one side or the other (ive sifted thru the forums)...its not the air pressure, the pressure is the same on all four tires....im not sure what to do, n besides if its honestly the pothole issue i would pay to repair the damages, my question was simply whether or not it would be covered and if the dealer would help me. Can someone else offer any further insight besides this ill-tempered guy who was abosulutely no help, lol...
In short, no. Warranty doesn't cover alignment issues. If it has something to do with the structural integrity of the wheels, I'd go talk to the place you purchased them from. If you have lowered your car and have yet to get it aligned, do so.

If you hit a pothole and it has done some other damage besides an alignment, once again no, the manufacturer probably won't warranty it. It's not a "manufacturer defect".
Old 09-20-2008, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EgyptianScion
Can someone else offer any further insight besides this ill-tempered guy who was abosulutely no help, lol...
Sorry man, I didn't mean to sound ill tempered. If you've floated through the various threads, then you've probably seen that I actually go pretty far out of my way to help people on these forums.

I mistook your statement that you thought you threw the alignment off hitting a pothole as the sole source of your problem. You can certainly take it to a dealership to check out the problem, because it sounds like something that definitely needs to be resolved sooner than later.

As severedvegan said, if it's a problem that resulted from hitting the pothole (suspension or otherwise) then no, it won't be covered by the warranty. I sincerely hope you get it figured out, because it's no fun driving a car that doesn't handle properly; and if the suspension is screwed up, then it could even be dangerous.

BTW, thanks for referring to me as "ill-tempered", and not just outright calling me an A-hole (which I might have deserved).
Old 09-20-2008, 07:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
BTW, thanks for referring to me as "ill-tempered", and not just outright calling me an A-hole (which I might have deserved).
I kind of like being called an a-hole...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8M0WtU7vs
Old 09-20-2008, 10:06 PM

lol, no worries man...but i appreciate da rreply. Its not often someone retracts their statements, besides we all adults here, so once again no worries.

Thnx for the insight guys, i rlly appreciate it....ima take it back to a dealer sometime next week n hope for the best...I assumed this risk when putting the 20's on, so just gonna have to reap the benefits, lol.

Peace, E