Notices

18" OEM wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:19 PM
SL Member

Default 18" OEM wheels?

Hi guys. New xB owner here. I haven't posted pics yet because I'm waiting to get my rear spoiler and wheels put on first. Which leads me to my question.

When I was at the stealership looking in the book ordering my options I saw a set of 17" split 5 spoke wheels I liked. The salesman said that the book had a misprint in it and they are actually 18" wheels. He swore the 18s will look just like the 17" in the picture.

Well, not trusting anything a salesman says ever I'm kind of wondering what the actual wheels will look like when they arrive. I figure if they look good I'll keep them, if they don't then I'll just complain that they don't look like the wheels in the picture and they can find me some I like. Anyway. does anyone have picture of these mystery 18" OEM wheels from the scion book?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you have a item # I work at a scion dealership and can confirm what you are getting.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:21 PM
SL Member

Opps.. uh sorry for calling it a stealership and saying I dont trust salesmen

No, I don't have the part #, the dealership is kind of far away too or I'd go get it.

I'm really hoping this Toyota dealer is better then my last one. My last car was a Volkswagen GTI and the dealer would constantly try to rip me off. After catching them so many times I just don't trust anyone now. One time I brought my car in for a seatbelt fix. When I went to pick it up they said my radio no longer worked and that I would need to give them $400 for a new radio since I had added an amp and that voided my radios warranty. I told them to forget it. I went home, took the radio out, took off all the connection, plugged them back in and the radio worked fine. Yea, they were too stupid to check for a loose connection.. or what I'm sure is the real truth, they just loosened the connections themselves since the radio worked fine when I dropped it off. Schumacher Volkswagen in North Palm Beach Florida - don't trust them.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No harm done to me. Many dealerships hurt themselves by doing stupid stuff. I work for a mom and pop dealership owner is very cool and treats his employees and customers better than any place I have ever worked.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2008Xb
No harm done to me. Many dealerships hurt themselves by doing stupid stuff. I work for a mom and pop dealership owner is very cool and treats his employees and customers better than any place I have ever worked.
I'm one of the first to criticize crummy dealerships but also one of the first to praise the good ones.

I can say I fully believe 2008Xb's assessment of his employer since I had occasion to get my oil changed in my Odyssey at the Tom Scott Honda store in Nampa on a cross country trip a few years ago.

For obviously "just passing through" customers they treated us better than any of our local dealerships I have ever experienced. I called them from the highway about an oil change, they said come on in. We showed up about 30 minutes later and about 30 minutes after that we were ready to go with a fresh oil change, extra bottles of water (welcome on a hot day) and the van washed. I usually pass on the washes but they even cleaned off the nearly solid crust of bugs with no damage to the vehicle.

If I were near there, I would do business with them. :D

pufbox I have not seen any 18" wheels sold by Scion for the 08. The dealership (or port) may be adding some though.
Sparks shows the Scion 16's that are a split spoke design
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1563
and some Enkei's that they are evidently selling that are 18's and kind of a split spoke design.
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1519
Old 07-01-2007, 07:38 PM
SL Member

Yea, those 16" you see everywhere, such as scion.com

Neither of those wheels look like the ones they showed me in the book. But, if I get those 18" Enkeis I'll be happy cause I like the look of those.

Here's a question for you 2008XB. At the time of purchase I requested the TRD lowering springs. The dealership told me that even though they are in the book they aren't being made yet. So I was not able to add it into my final order. Now I come on here and see that LOTS of people have them straight from the dealership. Obviously they gave me wrong information. Do you think I stand any chance of telling them they were wrong and having them put into my purchase. (put into my monthly payment in other words)
Old 07-01-2007, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pufbox
I'm really hoping this Toyota dealer is better then my last one. My last car was a Volkswagen GTI and the dealer would constantly try to rip me off. After catching them so many times I just don't trust anyone now. One time I brought my car in for a seatbelt fix. When I went to pick it up they said my radio no longer worked and that I would need to give them $400 for a new radio since I had added an amp and that voided my radios warranty. I told them to forget it. I went home, took the radio out, took off all the connection, plugged them back in and the radio worked fine. Yea, they were too stupid to check for a loose connection.. or what I'm sure is the real truth, they just loosened the connections themselves since the radio worked fine when I dropped it off. Schumacher Volkswagen in North Palm Beach Florida - don't trust them.
That's because it's a VW dealership...they don't get much action at VW...do you notice that any time you walk past a VW dealership, even on a Saturday or Sunday, it looks like it's closed? There is no one out front and no customers to be seen anywhere??

That's why they tried to rip you off.....they need money to keep their business going...and ripping people off is the only way to get money for them!

~Stephanie
Old 07-01-2007, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pufbox
Here's a question for you 2008XB. At the time of purchase I requested the TRD lowering springs. The dealership told me that even though they are in the book they aren't being made yet. So I was not able to add it into my final order. Now I come on here and see that LOTS of people have them straight from the dealership. Obviously they gave me wrong information. Do you think I stand any chance of telling them they were wrong and having them put into my purchase. (put into my monthly payment in other words)
I just bought my '08 xB twenty five minutes ago (but can't have it until PDI is done tomorrow). I included the springs in my deal and drove one with them installed. I actually crawled underneath the car and saw them with my very own eyes. Tell them to get a clue.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:55 PM
SL Member

I finally have an answer to this. These are the wheels I'll be getting

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1519

Which I like a lot. But here's the kicker.. and this is why you will always hear me talk bad about dealership on these boards. Cause they ALWAYS screw up. I mean does everyone at a dealership have to be a moron?

First they showed me a picture of the wheels I was ordering. Well, they didn't look anything like the ones I'm getting. Secondly, I bought my car 2 1/2 weeks ago, I called in today to ask when the hell my wheels and rear spoiler were going to come in and I was told that .. opps, they didn't put in the order yet.

You guys wonder why I hate dealerships. See it from the customers point of view.