Notices

All Black Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 10:06 PM

Default All Black Wheels?

Hey all,
I'm finally at the point when I can upgrade my wheels and suspension! I'm looking at putting 20s on my box (wow, that sounds a little naughty in my head) and have a couple of questions...

1.) with the TRD springs, what sort of offset should I be shopping for? I read 38-45mm is good...true?

2.) Does ANYONE know where I can get ALL black wheels? Wheels without the polished lip? Or is it possible to have a shop paint them any color I want? Has anyone done this?

Thanks! I'm anxious to get this ball rolling so any advice would be great. I love the look of all black wheels for my black box (again, naughty) and can't seem to find all black 20s. Perhaps 19s? Also, the reason for going with the TRD springs is becuase I want the stiffness as compared to the tenabes and can't go SUPER low becuase I plan on getting the 5Axis kit which would SCRAPE like crazy in LA with anything lower.

Aaaaaaaand scene......
Old 12-13-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm off the polished lip look too. I'll be waiting to see what comes out after the new year for all black wheels. I know Five:AD wheels are coming as well as new Enkeis per Discount Tire Direct. I don't like any all black wheels currently available.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:32 PM

try this link;
http://www.wheelsnext.com/

they have some all black rims
Old 12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tenzo R makes many all-black styles. Some are gloss and some are mat finish. I'm not certain if they're available in 20's. DiscountTireDirect.com (don't go thru the vehicle viewer as they're special order may not be viewable on the car.)