Any one Running Rota Wheels on therer xB2

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default Any one Running Rota Wheels on therer xB2

I was looking into rota wheels they def have some nice wheels. I was just wondering if anyone was runing a set on there xB and any info and what they think of them would be great.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was going to get some but i settled for something cheaper
Old 08-07-2008, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh my god...

now i've seen everything
Old 08-07-2008, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlizZard
oh my god...

now i've seen everything

i really did LOL
Old 08-07-2008, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as most the tc guys know rotas are knock off of original styles. for example the rota gforce looks surprisingly like the advan RZ. and thats cause that was a advan design that rota copied.

rotas are what they are. they are inexpensive and their wheels are not has high of quality as the top names that they copy (bbs, enkei, advan, volk)
Old 08-08-2008, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They are still pretty sweet though. Get some and save you some money while still looking as good as the high rollas! A lot of people still buy them, especially boosted peeps on other car forums because they are cheap, and the quality, and design is still pretty good.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@ this thread. Rotas are notorious for being cheap quality. Accidents have occurred from Rotas breaking while on the road. Keep in mind this following excerpt as you look for wheels...

Originally Posted by Modified Mag [Sept '08
- Letters of the Month "No Good Knockoffs"]I wanted to say that what Armin had to say about the knockoffs in the Feedback section [July '08] is dead on. I've been in this scene for quite some time and I spent a good three years building my first Civic. With parts being so cheap, kids think they can build their dream cars in a matter of months. What they don't realize is that the crappy parts they are using result in crappy performance. How many cars that have these knockoff parts are at the track running neck and neck with the top cars? Not many. If you want to have a well-running and safe automobile, then use the proper parts.
-Ted Rotan

You said it, Ted! These days it seems so easy to build cars because of the vast availability of parts. However, what a lot of novice builders don't realize is that the cost of building a car the right way is still very expensive. So they cut corners here and there hoping that everything will come together, but most of the time, guess what? It doesn't, and then more money is spent fixing issues when it could have been used to buy the right parts in the first place. We realize not everyone can afford the expensive parts, but the need to have everything right away needs to stop. Plan a build, and if it takes you years to get it done, there's nothing wrong with that-the reward will be even greater.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^OFT
they're all cheap copies of advans, volks, and other high end brands.

thank god they haven't made copies of my wheels lol
Old 08-08-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have flat black 16" Slipstreams on my white xB. Beats steelies, right?

I don't have any pictures, but they look quite nice and were easy on the wallet. I have no problem buying knock-off wheels, and Slipstreams have been around for ages on both the road and track.

Bottom Line: It's your car, personalize it with what you like and can afford.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Filipinoooooo!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ FTW!!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by jpauletteUSAF
I have flat black 16" Slipstreams on my white xB. Beats steelies, right?

I don't have any pictures, but they look quite nice and were easy on the wallet. I have no problem buying knock-off wheels, and Slipstreams have been around for ages on both the road and track.

Bottom Line: It's your car, personalize it with what you like and can afford.

Slipstreams are the one's i was looking into, I was gonna go with either the all black or with red lip in 17". Def if you can get pic's that would be great.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll try to borrow a digital camera and take some pics of the car and wheels.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i wouldn't recommend rota to anyone because a couple yrs ago driving a tune 89 prelude si w/4wheel steering on the freeway going 70mph and out of nowhere 2 of my tires exploded ( front driver and rear passenger ) went completly out of control making a few 360 before i come to a stop. good thing is it was late at night around 2am, theres no car around and it's 4 lane including carpool so i have enough room to stay away from the walls. got the car tow home then to a auto mechanic and see what went wrong. checked the whole car and cant see anything can cause it. no object punture it so when we took the wheel and tire out the rims got cracked and punture the tire from the inside and when i was going 70mph it just cause the 2 tires to burst. good thing i just need to replace the tire and rims and nothing else went wrong so from that night i would never recommend it to anyone. good luck.

p.s. i would rather save up more $$$ to get higher quality than being in a bad situation and regret it. i was very lucky so i learned my lesson. all i can say is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR so i hope you would make the right chose.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:51 AM
SL Member

I was looking into the Rota Torque and the Boost. I was trying to get a staggered set up. It was hard to get the staggered set up I wanted to. The offsets just were very friendly for staggered set up for our cars... I ended up buying a set of Ruff Racing wheels because Rota don't make any wheels in 19s. Not sure how good Ruff Racing wheels are but they look great IMO and I got a great deal on them...

I think Rotas are great looking wheels at a great price. My personal take on this is if you like them and they fit your budget, buy them!! I have come to accept the fact that Scions aren't exactly high end automobiles nor are they consider high performance cars. Why spend top dollar on expensive wheels on an econo car that's honestly not made for speed.
With all of that being said, go for the Rotas if you like them. Post up some pix after you put them on your box.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Enlighten me. Where does it say that expensive wheels can't be put on "econo-cars"? I view expensive wheels for their safety aspect, not their high performance capabilities. I'd feel so much better knowing my wheels could withstand more abuse than cheap cast wheels.

You don't have to break the bank to buy these baller wheels though. Enkei is a great company and the Work Emotion series is actually quite affordable. Also sub-brands like Gram Lights and G-Games are great wheels at a fraction of the cost from their more expensive counterparts in the Volk Racing line.

I'd rather roll on stock wheels instead of risking my car (and my own life) on Rota, R1, Motegi, Drag, Sportmaxx/XXR, Tenzo, ect. wheels.

You don't have to listen to my warning; I'm just asking you to be careful of your purchases. I'd hate to see someone's car totaled and the driver sustaining injuries or even dying from accidents with their wheels breaking or falling apart while driving.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:02 AM
SL Member

I never said you can't put expensive wheels on econo cars... I made it very clear this was "my personal take". Everyone buys wheels for their own reason and everyone has their price range. What's affordable to one person may not be affordable for the next. If money is not an issue, I'm sure 99% of the people on this forum would rather be driving high end cars with high end wheels... I have heard of wheels bended but that happens to high end wheels just as much as the cheap ones...I'm sure there are thousands sets of those "lower quality" wheels on the road. I'm not saying it's never happened but I personally have not heard of any wheels breaking and cause accidents...
Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned
SL Member

Most people tune/modify their cars to they own liking or driving situation. If i'm a college student working part time and just want to change the look on my tc w/o braking bank. Then cast wheels are perfect for me. No big risk on a daily driven car to and from work. However i would expect a person that is doing some high-end racing to have the knowledge to put wheels that can handle abuse. I would use the quality item to perform to the amount of abuse i was putting it through. I think rota's on your daily driven xb is fine imo, on a "real" race car, not so much.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:20 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Socal_Shara
Most people tune/modify their cars to they own liking or driving situation. If i'm a college student working part time and just want to change the look on my tc w/o braking bank. Then cast wheels are perfect for me. No big risk on a daily driven car to and from work. However i would expect a person that is doing some high-end racing to have the knowledge to put wheels that can handle abuse. I would use the quality item to perform to the amount of abuse i was putting it through. I think rota's on your daily driven xb is fine imo, on a "real" race car, not so much.
That's exactly what I'm saying.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:36 AM
Banned
SL Member

Don't listen to anyone on this forum, they are opinions and only that. Go with what you like, its your time, your money, your car. And besides that's what so cool about scion is that everyone's is different. I've been to a evo meet and everything is the same, AMS this and that. No variety = boring

Quick Reply: Any one Running Rota Wheels on therer xB2