Any one Running Rota Wheels on therer xB2

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

scion owners are the most stubborn cheap @$$holes ever
scion owners are cheap? because we like rota rims?

you know that one of the largest rota dealers is subydude, they are big in wrx/evo forums. They even put rotas on a bmw's.

but maybe your right, we should dump 3k in rims on a car that cost 16k.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="tCtCtC"]
Originally Posted by wrczx3
Originally Posted by tCtCtC
thats why you SAVE your money for a quality rim
also, its BREAKIN not brakin. learn.

Why the hell does everyone fall back on my age to an insult?
stupid.
One more thing Einstein. It is breaking not breakin.
"i was making a correction on YOUR spelling with the correct spelling w/o the g."

^^^^^^^^^^^huh?^^^^^^^^^^^Is that english?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wrczx3
thats why you SAVE your money for a quality rim
also, its BREAKIN not brakin. learn.

Why the hell does everyone fall back on my age to an insult?
stupid.
One more thing Einstein. It is breaking not breakin.
i was making a correction on YOUR spelling with the correct spelling w/o the g.

OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NO PATIENCE IN GETTING A QUALITY PRODUCT AND YOU JUST WANT TO RUN TO CHEAP @$$ RIMS.

ive already made the mistake of getting konigs, which my car is still on now. when i was in a accident, it bent. i learned from my mistakes and now im saving up for QUALITY rims

So Konigs are cheap because you got into an accident and one bent? Are you a moron? ANY wheel will bend if you hit it hard enough.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wheel elitists make me laugh. sure the quality is higher the more money you spend (sometimes), but the truth is wheels like rota, adr, drag, and sportmax will do the job just as well as wheels that cost 4x or 5x as much. not everyone can afford to spend thousands on wheels, and many others just don't want to. sure you can save up, but it's still the same. you're spending a lot of money on wheels that could be used on other things or even saved. if you've got the dough to drop thousands on wheels, good for you. if you have the discipline to save up, cheers. but don't knock other people for what they choose to buy.

the quality of rota's is fine. anyone who says different is ignoring the reality which is tons of people have been using them for years with very few issues.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when you buy rotas you help suport the decline of the car world with knock offs im sick o people saying sick rotas man to my wheels when in fact they are works when i tell them that they are like so they are a knock of of rotas i want to snap every time i get this
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
when you buy rotas you help suport the decline of the car world with knock offs im sick o people saying sick rotas man to my wheels when in fact they are works when i tell them that they are like so they are a knock of of rotas i want to snap every time i get this
Just about every wheel made is a knock off or copy of some other companies wheel or style.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true this i would not buy cheep wheels i hae been there done that you will pay in the end
Old 08-12-2008, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
true this i would not buy cheep wheels i hae been there done that you will pay in the end
In my 30 years of driving I have probably purchased a 100 sets of aftermarket wheels. Some real exensive and some less and the only thing that i will pay in the end is less money on reasonably priced wheels for reasonably priced vehicles. I wouldn't use Rota's on a Lamborghini but for a Scion or most normal cars. A $150 wheel is no less safe then a $500 wheel on a street car.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

forged wheels are worth the money. if you don't believe so thats fine,
Old 08-12-2008, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster

forged wheels are worth the money. if you don't believe so thats fine,
Wow. I'm convinced! You find a pic of a destroyed wheel and thats all it took for me to be a believer. I guess the 50 BILLION people driving around on cast wheels are driving ticking timebombs?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Not to mention most OEM aluminum wheels are cast...
Old 08-12-2008, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouldn't say ticking timebombs but i would say there is a considerable amount of danger in cheap cast wheels.

- stock wheels are manufactured to certain standards, some stock wheels are even semi forged.
- cheap aftermarket wheels are so cheap because they're made cheaply, they have poor qc and they have poor testing and are not required to meet standards set by compmanies.
- i know people that work at american racing that refuse to run the wheels they produce!!!!! what does that say to you about their company when their own employees wont use the wheels when they can essentially have them for free.

listen man i'm not saying spend your life savings on wheels, but i am saying that you do get your money's worth.... ESPECIALLY with wheels
Old 08-12-2008, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

i wouldn't say ticking timebombs but i would say there is a considerable amount of danger in cheap cast wheels.

- stock wheels are manufactured to certain standards, some stock wheels are even semi forged.
- cheap aftermarket wheels are so cheap because they're made cheaply, they have poor qc and they have poor testing and are not required to meet standards set by compmanies.
- i know people that work at american racing that refuse to run the wheels they produce!!!!! what does that say to you about their company when their own employees wont use the wheels when they can essentially have them for free.

listen man i'm not saying spend your life savings on wheels, but i am saying that you do get your money's worth.... ESPECIALLY with wheels
That's American Racing... I've seen a set that would bend just by looking at them... Well, not really, but you get the gist of it.
When looking into wheels, I'd suggest making sure they're DOT certified.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Show me ONE incidence that it was proven where a cast wheel failure was the cause of the accident.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx

That's American Racing... I've seen a set that would bend just by looking at them... Well, not really, but you get the gist of it.
When looking into wheels, I'd suggest making sure they're DOT certified.
american racing now makes more wheels than you think http://www.americanracing.com/#

Show me ONE incidence that it was proven where a cast wheel failure was the cause of the accident.
here ya go
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/300177
Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Here's one...

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/foru...=53166&page=18
Old 08-12-2008, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

let me just say this. it happens, and personally when its MY car i'd rather be safe than sorry. sorry for trying to help the scion community
Old 08-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

Not to mention, that picture of the destroyed rim looks pretty heavy. I'm sure it wasn't a fender bender, the whole car was prolly squashed into a metal cube. Get real here, because you buy a cast wheel dose not make you cheap, Not everyone needs a wheels that can survive an atomic bomb. Maybe someone's priorities aren't the same as yours. And how does tctctc have a car w/ moetegi's on it, He's freakin' 13
Old 08-12-2008, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a wheel come apart while I was driving and sent me across the road into a tree. . .or two.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...els-track.html

this is also a good thread to read. should provide a lot of information. my favorite line:

at what price do you hold your life to
karbon shut up, nobody cares what you say

Quick Reply: Any one Running Rota Wheels on therer xB2