Notices

Any one Running Rota Wheels on therer xB2

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

vivid racing call them they will give you a good price lets say my rims were less then one would think
Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
Originally Posted by wrczx3
my wheels arent forged but i would trust works casting better then rotas lol
Based on what? Price?

my wheels dont cost that much more then rotas but i do know rotas are junk for a few bucks more buy a quality wheel

As long as you believe whay you say that is all that matters. I'll buy the cheapo Rota's and just make sure my life insurance policy is paid up when the wheel falls apart when am doing 243.5678 mph in my XB.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Based on what? Price?

my wheels dont cost that much more then rotas but i do know rotas are junk for a few bucks more buy a quality wheel

As long as you believe whay you say that is all that matters. I'll buy the cheapo Rota's and just make sure my life insurance policy is paid up when the wheel falls apart when am doing 243.5678 mph in my XB.

when it comes down to it when im at the track i much rather have my wheel know for being strong suporting my 3100 pound car as i push it to the limits around the track then a rota that is know for falling apart mid race 300hp xb + auto cross i will put my money on the work not the rota
Old 08-13-2008, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Based on what? Price?

when it comes down to it when im at the track i much rather have my wheel know for being strong suporting my 3100 pound car as i push it to the limits around the track then a rota that is know for falling apart mid race 300hp xb + auto cross i will put my money on the work not the rota
Good for you.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow man a little touchy about it huh?

and to find a government published article about it no way. you learn from other peoples experiences, that is what forums are for. i guess if you want to take everything so seriously and try to justify your purchases so be it but the logic presented in this thread is undeniable.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster

and to find a government published article about it no way. you learn from other peoples experiences, that is what forums are for. i guess if you want to take everything so seriously and try to justify your purchases so be it but the logic presented in this thread is undeniable.
I'm not touchy at all about it. I am just sick of people who are ignorant of the facts that throw out broad generalizations about things that are false. You have no proof from any reliable sources about the wheel failures. Even if I did give you credit for the two or three unproven examples in this thread, that would hardly classify cast wheels as dangerous. There are literally MILLIONS of them on cars and trucks all over the world that works flawlessly for MILLIONS of people every day. I am sure that under extreme conditons, any wheel COULD fail. As far as cast wheels being unsafe, don't you think by now they would have been banned. I mean come on, we are one of the biggest nanny countries in the world when it comes to safety. You can't even ride a frigen bicycle without a helmet today.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster

I'm not touchy at all about it. I am just sick of people who are ignorant of the facts that throw out broad generalizations about things that are false. You have no proof from any reliable sources about the wheel failures. Even if I did give you credit for the two or three unproven examples in this thread, that would hardly classify cast wheels as dangerous. There are literally MILLIONS of them on cars and trucks all over the world that works flawlessly for MILLIONS of people every day. I am sure that under extreme conditons, any wheel COULD fail. As far as cast wheels being unsafe, don't you think by now they would have been banned. I mean come on, we are one of the biggest nanny countries in the world when it comes to safety. You can't even ride a frigen bicycle without a helmet today.
I don't think the issue is with cast wheels themselves, but more with the quality control of the wheels. Any improperly manufactured wheel can and will fail. Maybe from what people are and have been reading is that there seems to be a higher incidence of Rota wheels failing, showing a lack of a solid quality control program. Also, a poorly manufactured wheel can fail during normal driving. It doesn't always have to be an extreme event for a part to catastrophically fail.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm f***ing done trying to help the community. wrczx3, gtfo. yes that was english, and you truly ____ me off. to tcleazy or whatever the hell it is, they're konigs. stop pretending its not you. why is the scion community cheap? because no matter how many accidents happen to cheap rims, they still get them. no matter how much we try and get them out or them, they dont listen. i made the major mistake of buying konigs WITH tires for 200 from a local seller. worst decision ever. BECAUSE of that mistake, it made me appreciate high end rims. Which is why i am now saving up for a new set and getting rid of these stupid POS's. read my story below

want cheap quality? Here

im not sure what i did with the full shot of it, but you can see it there. a ford f150 hit me. you wanna know how it bent? NOT because the truck it the rim, because the truck pushed on the tire and bent it. the original idea was for a shop to "rebend" it and guess what, it cracked. this was my true eye opener.

So when you get your cheap rims, and hit something, even a pothole, tell us how it goes.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BET YOU DIDN'T PLAN ON THIS WHEN YOU STARTED THE THREAD, HEH DREW?!?

YES, I KNOW I'M YELLING, BUT IT'S THE ONLY WAY I CAN BE HEARD OVER THE REST OF YOU!

Old 08-13-2008, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

found it. very bad pic, but there was a crack in it that spread when they tried to "rebend it"

Old 08-13-2008, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know we have people who feel OK with cast wheels, and I don't fault them at all for a mild daily driver,
but anybody who accepts repairing a bent wheel as an option is an idiot with no common sense (see signature below).
The structural integrity has been compromised; that's like using a motorcycle helmet after an accident because it ONLY has a small crack in it.
Let's face it, points have been made on both sides, and minds have been changed or they haven't.
Pretty much end of discussion... now can we all get along?
Old 08-13-2008, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but i didnt agree with the idea. i told them i wanted a new rim and ill take the car back no other way.

so i got a new rim
Old 08-13-2008, 07:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Having seen your opinions about wheels, I had no doubt you wouldn't accept a "repaired" wheel.
I just wanted to make sure nobody else misunderstood, and thought it was an acceptable alternative.

BTW, for somebody so against cast wheels, I'm a bit surprised to see that you're on Konigs; or did I miss something?
Old 08-13-2008, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i made the mistake of getting them. i got them for 400 w/ tires from a local, and my stockies were pretty f'd up and tires were bald, so i got them.

so for now they look decent, but im getting new rims hopefully very soon
Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
i made the mistake of getting them. i got them for 400 w/ tires from a local, and my stockies were pretty f'd up and tires were bald, so i got them.

so for now they look decent, but im getting new rims hopefully very soon
Are you kidding me? After all your bashing of cast wheels, you have cast wheels? HAHAHAHAHA! What a hypocrite. I also can't believe you had a wheels repaired. What kind of fool are you? Unless it is curb damage, you always buy a new wheel.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

listen man, my first set of wheels were cast and i learned my lesson. that is the whole point. i advocate forged wheels because i learned my lesson, i don't want people making the same mistakes i made.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but if you were so against something why would you do it? i.e. a smoker getting people to stop smoking.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you ever heard the expression live and learn?

you learn things through life experiences.... i had no idea how bad wheels were until i experienced it first hand....

its more persuasive for an EX smoker to convince people to stop smoking than it is for someone who has never smoked to convince people.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys and your PICS of broken rotas/knock off wheels

Here we go....

OEM BMW wheel
http://www.e34s.de/Bilder/am2004/Sunday/DSC_1709.JPG

Broken OEM G35 Wheel
http://www.feartheg35.com/Images/Bro...mage%20001.jpg

Bent VOLK GTN
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rims-bend2.jpg

Broken ___ BBS (one of the strongest wheels in the world)
http://www.alloyrepairuk.co.uk/images/wheel%20pics/misc%20wheels/bent%20wheels%20(5).JPG

look another broken NON rota (think its a BBS but not sure)
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6...bber/bent1.jpg

ANYWAY!! thats from a 10 second google search, Im sure it can go on and on.

You guys are showing pics of cars in serious accidents, you think some 600 dollar wheel would survive that? Your nuts.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Somebody brought ownage in this thread!

James Bond

Quick Reply: Any one Running Rota Wheels on therer xB2