SL Member

how about you sell some tires karbon
Old 08-13-2008, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
I'm f***ing done trying to help the community. wrczx3, gtfo. yes that was english, and you truly ____ me off. to tcleazy or whatever the hell it is, they're konigs. stop pretending its not you. why is the scion community cheap? because no matter how many accidents happen to cheap rims, they still get them. no matter how much we try and get them out or them, they dont listen. i made the major mistake of buying konigs WITH tires for 200 from a local seller. worst decision ever. BECAUSE of that mistake, it made me appreciate high end rims. Which is why i am now saving up for a new set and getting rid of these stupid POS's. read my story below

want cheap quality? Here

im not sure what i did with the full shot of it, but you can see it there. a ford f150 hit me. you wanna know how it bent? NOT because the truck it the rim, because the truck pushed on the tire and bent it. the original idea was for a shop to "rebend" it and guess what, it cracked. this was my true eye opener.

So when you get your cheap rims, and hit something, even a pothole, tell us how it goes.

i made the mistake of getting them. i got them for 400 w/ tires from a local, and my stockies were pretty f'd up and tires were bald, so i got them.

so for now they look decent, but im getting new rims hopefully very soon

are you sure YOU actually bought them???
Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

and why did you respond to socal_shara or karbon or whoever the hell that person was when james bond was the person who posted links to examples of how expensive wheels can break also nebster?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pudgy1
and why did you respond to socal_shara or karbon or whoever the hell that person was when james bond was the person who posted links to examples of how expensive wheels can break also nebster?
Yea and sell tires?

And...thanks everyone
Old 08-13-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man i was in the moment calling out socal chica to be someone else

to james bond (clever name man)

yes every wheel will be damaged in an accident but the pictures / threads we posted the wheels caused the damage to the car, the threads you posted the wheels were the bystandards or just hit a huge pothole. listen nothing is bullet proof. ive never said forged wheels are the save all, but its better and every wheel you posted it would be cheaper than 150 to fix, a new lip for one wheel is relatively cheap as apposed to a whole new wheel.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
man i was in the moment calling out socal chica to be someone else

to james bond (clever name man)

yes every wheel will be damaged in an accident but the pictures / threads we posted the wheels caused the damage to the car, the threads you posted the wheels were the bystandards or just hit a huge pothole. listen nothing is bullet proof. ive never said forged wheels are the save all, but its better and every wheel you posted it would be cheaper than 150 to fix, a new lip for one wheel is relatively cheap as apposed to a whole new wheel.
I hear ya and agree with that.

Only reason I chimed in is because people are blowing the ROTA IS CHEAP thing way out of proportion. They are really decent wheels with TONS of options/offsets/colors. I tracked (autoX mostly) with a set of slip streams on my honda for almost 3 years and never did I have a issue and the same goes for I don't know the other 30 or 40 hondas/EVOs/Scoobys at the paddocks with rotas that I see all the time.

My other reason for chiming in is this is a Scion board. How can anyone who owns a scion call something cheap? I love my XB2 but come on this car/brand we drive is all about bang for the buck but has some REALLY cheap ___ carpet, interior and the paint can be removed with my fingernail. I Honestly think rotas and a scion are a good match, bang for the buck with nice style and very DECENT quality.

Any wheel can break, hitting a bad pothole with near any wheel and 35 series tires is probably gonna bend a lip. No doubt in my mind that the fit and finish of a volk/bbs and other top shelf brands are going to be on the up and up but on the street where bad stuff happens and girls park your cars into curbs I like my rims cheap!!

I do have BBS RSGT's on my M3 and LOVE THEM but every time I see an ASA knock off that looks JUST like it, Im like DAYUM I could have saved 2K!! hehe
Old 08-13-2008, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

imho there is a difference between inexpensive and cheap.

i'm not gonna say the name is worth an extra 2k or whatever for your bbs's and asa's but there is a distinct difference in quality.

and girls driving your car?! ____ the fiance knows better than that lol. either way this is my opinion and i'm sticking to it lol
Old 08-14-2008, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im buying rotas skrew my works
Old 08-14-2008, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

F THAT
Old 08-14-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but rotas are the strongest wheel ever i was stupid to buy works
Old 08-14-2008, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i like rotas
Old 08-14-2008, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wrczx3
i made the mistake of getting them. i got them for 400 w/ tires from a local, and my stockies were pretty f'd up and tires were bald, so i got them.

Are you kidding me? After all your bashing of cast wheels, you have cast wheels? HAHAHAHAHA! What a hypocrite. I also can't believe you had a wheels repaired. What kind of fool are you? Unless it is curb damage, you always buy a new wheel.
you obviously dont read you stupid dumb f*** dipsh!t. i didnt have the rim repaired, the brand new. why dont you take your sorry @$$ home and gtfo

Originally Posted by pudgy1
I'm f***ing done trying to help the community. wrczx3, gtfo. yes that was english, and you truly ____ me off. to tcleazy or whatever the hell it is, they're konigs. stop pretending its not you. why is the scion community cheap? because no matter how many accidents happen to cheap rims, they still get them. no matter how much we try and get them out or them, they dont listen. i made the major mistake of buying konigs WITH tires for 200 from a local seller. worst decision ever. BECAUSE of that mistake, it made me appreciate high end rims. Which is why i am now saving up for a new set and getting rid of these stupid POS's. read my story below

want cheap quality? Here

im not sure what i did with the full shot of it, but you can see it there. a ford f150 hit me. you wanna know how it bent? NOT because the truck it the rim, because the truck pushed on the tire and bent it. the original idea was for a shop to "rebend" it and guess what, it cracked. this was my true eye opener.

So when you get your cheap rims, and hit something, even a pothole, tell us how it goes.

are you sure YOU actually bought them???
Yeah, I bought them
Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

soooooo why two different prices??
Old 08-14-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

typo.

i paid 400.

end of discussion
Old 08-14-2008, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

ooo you sooooo fiesty. damn man i was just wondering. but thats a pretty big typo because 2 and 4 are not that close to each other, i mean theres a whole number in between
Old 08-14-2008, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes i realize that.
i start to hate scionlife more and more everyday. if i didnt have to sell stuff right now i probably wouldnt be here
Old 08-14-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

thats why you SAVE your money for a quality rim
also, its BREAKIN not brakin. learn.

Why the hell does everyone fall back on my age to an insult?
stupid.

im just sayin man, why you so heated when you do the same thing??
Old 08-14-2008, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes i realize that.
i start to hate scionlife more and more everyday. if i didnt have to sell stuff right now i probably wouldnt be here

You should leave then. Bye Bye moron!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

naw he doesnt have to leave, i just want him to open his eyes a little

Quick Reply: Any one Running Rota Wheels on therer xB2