Notices

Azul 18x8 w/225-40-18 tires, (Pictures Inside)....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Azul 18x8 w/225-40-18 tires, (Pictures Inside)....

Few Pictures for the Eyecandy.

***JUST RECVD THESE TODAY***

I ordered these last Friday and recvd them today. Can't wait to mount them on the xb Sat. Will try to post pictures.

Anyone out there running these wheels on your XB2? I'm looking into getting these wheels soon, but would like to know how they would look on the XB2 w/trd springs. Any pictures would help. The wheels are Azul Speedmesh and they only come in 18x8. Also my car is Silver so any pictures of something similar would be a big help.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think those are the wheels Bigfieroman got, except his are the hyper black ones. Search for his name and you should find it.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh hyeah, i already know he's already PM'd me few info. Bigfiero's car isn't on TRD's though, i wanted to see how these would look w/trd if anyone has em.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yep. I just weighed one today btw, and they are 23.5 lbs.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice..23lbs isn't that bad. Did you get your car back from the shop yep. hope your xb's back is ok. Take some pictures and show me new angles of your car.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:56 AM

Ive actually been looking at those as well....I should be taking delivery of my box2 tomorrow ... Ive been looking at alot of different styles but I like these the most I think(although Im thinking of going bronze) although the Konig Hotswaps color matched piece thing was the front runner when I was gonna go HTM. Would love a pm on what price/site ur thinking.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i really like how the Bronze wheels look, i would of gone with those if my car was wht/blk, but i have a Classic Silver. A local shop here in town quoted me $1000.00 out the door with new tires, new bolt/locks, mount and balance. Sounds fair?? Bigfieroman, how much did you end up paying for yours????

i found a site, www.customwheelscomplete.com selling em w/tires for $899.00 w/free shipping, but seems fishy. i called the number listed on the site 3 days straight and no one picked up or returns my call. i also email mulitple times, no response as well. I would have ordered them if i gotten thru. Let me know if you end up ordering a set??.. I'm not sure what kind of tires would come with this deal though, thats what i wanted to confirm, but i wasn't able to get thru at all.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I paid $875 out the door for wheels with tires mounted and balanced, chrome spline lugs, centering rings, and shipping. I got it all from Wheels 1.

You can get that all with a super crappy tire (Wanli, chinese made) for $799 shipped from Wheels 1. I paid extra for Nexen N3000, which are Korean and something on the level of Kumho. Better tires go up from there. The Nexens are good, they ride well enough and handle OK, they only big problem is the lack of a rim protector. I DO NOT recommend the Wanlis...I have heard scary things about them.

As for Wheels 1:
Call them at 1-800-791-8345
Ask for OZZY. Tell him Christian sent you.

There were some problems though. They sent the wrong centering rings, but he now knows what size the 2008 xB needs. Also, they sent 1 lugnut with with wrong thread. 19 were perfect, one was wrong. He sent the correct rings and a new lug once I called and pointed out the problem.

As for the car...

All better!

Actually, not ALL better. There are some things it needs to go back for. The driver's door is dull and orange peeled, it need a full buffing, they messed up my window molding with the buffer, one of the clips in the wheel well is still broken, and there is a blem on the hatch body guy is gonna fix it all at fist service in 1000 miles.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The rest of the pics:

Old 09-19-2007, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bigfieroman, thanks for the info, i will have to look into this. Car looks dope!!! When's the drop, 5-axis kit, and the wing going on?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The wing is on (check the top pics)...
The 5axis isn't happening unless it is possible to get it for <$1200 installed (aka never)...
The drop is happening when the Tien H-techs or an affordable set of coilovers comes out...
Old 09-28-2007, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just recvd these wheels this morning.

So i pulled the trigger on these wheels last Friday, i recvd them this morning. Cant wait till Sat. to slapp them on the xb..
Old 09-30-2007, 09:08 AM

Lets see em...
Old 10-01-2007, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kezz
Lets see em...
Here are a few quick pictures for your viewing.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They look nice. Where did you end up getting them from?

Dueling Speedmesh!

Old 10-01-2007, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bigfieroman
They look nice. Where did you end up getting them from?

Dueling Speedmesh!

I got em Wheelsnext.com for $899.00. This came with Nexxen 5000 225/40/18 tires, free lugs, free wheel locks, free mount and balance with Hunter machine, free shipping 5 days to receive. Bad things about purchase = The tires weren't balance properly, first time i mounted the wheels and drove on em, the car was shaking really bad. Took wheels to a local tire shop, all wheels were not balanced, tires are cheezy, should of paid a lil more and gotten better tires either Falken or something on that level, Even after re balacing the tires, when driving the car still sorta pulls a lil to the right here and there on the freeway, small streets are OK. The free bolts are made of cheap alluminum, i will have to buy new lug sets soon. Other than that, i like the look of xb now. My next Mod will have to be the 5 axis kit, and that would probably be it for a long while.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ocjuice
I got em Wheelsnext.com for $899.00. This came with Nexxen 5000 225/40/18 tires, free lugs, free wheel locks, free mount and balance with Hunter machine, free shipping 5 days to receive. Bad things about purchase = The tires weren't balance properly, first time i mounted the wheels and drove on em, the car was shaking really bad. Took wheels to a local tire shop, all wheels were not balanced, tires are cheezy, should of paid a lil more and gotten better tires either Falken or something on that level, Even after re balacing the tires, when driving the car still sorta pulls a lil to the right here and there on the freeway, small streets are OK. The free bolts are made of cheap alluminum, i will have to buy new lug sets soon. Other than that, i like the look of xb now. My next Mod will have to be the 5 axis kit, and that would probably be it for a long while.
Sorry to hear about your troubles...I had some problems too, but nothing like that. My lugs are also cheap, but they are steel. Mine were balanced great. I am glad I got the Nexen N3000 tires, they are more of a summer tire-I like them a lot better than the 5000. I guess Wheels 1 is the way to go...
Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Looks good OCJuice ... from the looks of your Audi (in person) I can only imagin how sick you will make the XB ... the Works are still for sale if you know anyone interested ... I still have to post pics of the ladys XB ... just been soooo busy ... take it easy ... also I have a connect with some high end Lug Nuts from my buddies shop locally (colors too) ... hallbackatchaboyee!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 AM

very nice man....Im still contemplating...but they look nice.