Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Damn wheel selections.. Im so undecided

I was pretty much decided on these wheels

But then found these

What do you guys think. I was planning on staggering the MRR GT1 19's 8.5 F / 9.5 R

But Tenzo's would be on 19x8's only cuz I dont think I can stuff the 10's in the rear..

Dilema

Im ready to buy What a decision
Old 02-27-2008, 04:13 PM

good luck! i'm having the same problem?!?! wanted staggered, but from what i understand...anything over 19x8.5 in the rear...you gotta roll the fenders?!? i'm soooooooooooo freakin confused about off-sets/wheel sizes, etc?!? i'm not one of these guy's that wants to slam my ride to the ground...trd springs, 'TAME' aggressive look! Argggggggggggggggggggh!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I like the Tenzo's more. I too am in the same situation. I've been going back and forth between several different wheels for the past few months. It's the suck. I'm waiting to see some real photos of the Five Axis wheels though, I might get their wheels.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Having the silver wheels will allow it to blend more with other cars on the road-maybe not quite so special. The dark ones hide dirt better too.

But-they are more obvious if they get scratched.

There are TSW Volcanos or Verde(I think) and a BBS wheel that look similar too so those might be other options
Old 02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kregghill
good luck! i'm having the same problem?!?! wanted staggered, but from what i understand...anything over 19x8.5 in the rear...you gotta roll the fenders?!? i'm soooooooooooo freakin confused about off-sets/wheel sizes, etc?!? i'm not one of these guy's that wants to slam my ride to the ground...trd springs, 'TAME' aggressive look! Argggggggggggggggggggh!
The only wheel combo they have told me that will require some mod on the rear fender are the axis decades.. The GT1's will fit fine as long as I go with 245.. Anything bigger will rub.

My ride is dropped on NF210's a bit lower than the TRD's but not much

Originally Posted by greybox
Having the silver wheels will allow it to blend more with other cars on the road-maybe not quite so special. The dark ones hide dirt better too.

But-they are more obvious if they get scratched.

There are TSW Volcanos or Verde(I think) and a BBS wheel that look similar too so those might be other options
Here is SoCal, I see alot of Black rims on chrome lip.. So it will probably blend more and even tho I think it looks really good, I didnt want to go that route cuz I wanted to be a bit different... thats why Im leaning toward the Hyper black.. Not silver but not black...

BTW... Thanks for giving me more choices... Now Im really confused
Old 02-27-2008, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's very easy to roll your fenders if need be.. if you don't want to do it yurself, most any body shops can do it for you..
Old 02-27-2008, 10:24 PM
SL Member

I like the 2nd ones (Tenzo’s) well other than the center cap section, looks a little busy for the rest of the wheel.
But doubt your going to be that different in Socal, everything has been done, and most the time its first then the rest copy the idea. That or a jaw dropping idea happens in another country then everyone jumps on the band wagon.
But to each is own, everyone has different taste. Do what you want, but it might be best to photo shop the two wheels and see what looks better, or what you like more.
And about the 8.5 in the rear issue… That will all depend on the offset of the wheel and what size tire you run. If you are running a 225 on a 9 wide you should not need to worry about rolling fenders. Use the TRD 19” wheels as an example, copy the offset and you should be fine.
Best of luck, wheels are the 2nd hardest decision you can make, well 2nd or 3rd depends on who you talk to.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Called a local shop to get info on the tenzo gf7's. They only have a 1.5 inch lip (if that) and they said that the 10's will probably not fit. Looking at the XB, i think I need to get a bit more lip on the back and I think 19x8's might be a bit too skinny for my taste. I know its only .5 shorter than my original plan but a bit more lip will go along way IMO. I really like the seven spoke too but wished i had more selections that just the 19x8.. damn

The more I look at ather rims, the more confused I get.. LOL...

But then again...It did take me about 2 months to decide on which color XB to get
Old 02-28-2008, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I will say is that the wider they, are the more expensive the tires are. Especially on a 19" rim. I bet the tires for the 19x9 will cost almost the same amount as the rims (maybe a slight exaggeration).
Old 02-28-2008, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Both rims are less than 240 each and tires are going to be nankangs which is about 120 for the 245/35 and 110 for 225/35. Im looking at about less than 1500 with road hazzard protection.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

They both look good. I personally would go for the Tenzos on a new xb. Im sure whichever you pic, you will be happy with. I was in a similar situation, and just ended up going for it. I was happy with my choice, and im sure you will be too.