Notices

Just bought some Infinite G35 rims... Will they fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

can i buy the trd center caps
Old 01-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

In a nut shell:
Hub centric rings help you center the wheel onto the hub and help keep the wheel centered while you drive. (this is very important especially under forces of speed.)

More in depth explanation of what hub rings are and what they do:
Your wheel has a, more or less, female hub and your vehicle has the male hub. Ideally you want the hub on your wheels to fit barely over the hub of your vehicle. (within .01mm) If they don't fit this tight you can actually torque them down off center which will cause a vibration and can lead to other problems while you drive. There is no industry standard for hub size. Scion uses a different hub size for each of their vehicles. Honda uses different sizes and so does Ford and Chevy for that matter. Most after market wheel companies want to make their wheels so they fit as many vehicles as possible so they build their hubs large enough to fit the largest vehicles hub. They then include or sell hub rings to fill the difference if your vehicles hub is smaller. EX: Konig uses as 73.1mm hub size for most of their passenger wheels you would need a 73.1-60.1mm hub ring for your 08xb. For your case, you would need a 66.1-60.1mm hub ring set for an OE 350Z wheel to adapt correctly to fit a 2008 xB.

I hope this helps and doesn’t confuse you more.

We also have a description in the Info Center section of our web site:
Info Center[/url]
Old 01-28-2008, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DiscountTireDirect
In a nut shell:
Hub centric rings help you center the wheel onto the hub and help keep the wheel centered while you drive. (this is very important especially under forces of speed.)

More in depth explanation of what hub rings are and what they do:
Your wheel has a, more or less, female hub and your vehicle has the male hub. Ideally you want the hub on your wheels to fit barely over the hub of your vehicle. (within .01mm) If they don't fit this tight you can actually torque them down off center which will cause a vibration and can lead to other problems while you drive. There is no industry standard for hub size. Scion uses a different hub size for each of their vehicles. Honda uses different sizes and so does Ford and Chevy for that matter. Most after market wheel companies want to make their wheels so they fit as many vehicles as possible so they build their hubs large enough to fit the largest vehicles hub. They then include or sell hub rings to fill the difference if your vehicles hub is smaller. EX: Konig uses as 73.1mm hub size for most of their passenger wheels you would need a 73.1-60.1mm hub ring for your 08xb. For your case, you would need a 66.1-60.1mm hub ring set for an OE 350Z wheel to adapt correctly to fit a 2008 xB.

I hope this helps and doesn’t confuse you more.

We also have a description in the Info Center section of our web site:
Info Center[/url]
Great post... I attempted to answer at first, but didn't realize how I was at a loss of words to explain it. You did a lot better than I could. Anyways, the 66.1 - 60.1 hub centric rings do exist, because I found that size online. Good luck to you man....
Old 01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

It's a pretty simple thing, it's funny though because it is kinda hard to explain with out having them in front of you.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

can i buy the trd center caps????
Old 01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by maximthegreat
can i buy the trd center caps????
Sorry, but the guy I sold the rims to wanted them also....