Notices

Lug nuts..and concentric rings

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Lug nuts..and concentric rings

BTW the lug nuts for the xb2 are M12 1.5 when you go to buy tuner lugs for your new wheels.....

i searched and couldnt find that info yet on scionlife..

do we need concentric rings?

like these? http://www.1010tires.com/hubrings.asp
I had them for my SRT-4
Old 11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Lug nuts..and concentric rings

Originally Posted by john08xb
BTW the lug nuts for the xb2 are M12 1.5 when you go to buy tuner lugs for your new wheels.....

i searched and couldnt find that info yet on scionlife..

do we need concentric rings?

like these? http://www.1010tires.com/hubrings.asp
I had them for my SRT-4
i think concentric rings is a must. it will keep your wheel centered
Old 11-20-2007, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so then what size is the hub on the xB2?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not sure about this but i think it varies (depending on your wheels) i have to check mine
Old 11-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Hub size on the 08+ Xb is a 60.1mm, Correct on the 12x1.5mm lugs.

Remember when selecting a hub-centric ring that after market wheels do not have a standard hub size some are 73.1 some are 74.1 and some are completely different. The proper hub-centric ring for you will vary based on your after market wheels.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TravisDTD
Hub size on the 08+ Xb is a 60.1mm, Correct on the 12x1.5mm lugs.

Remember when selecting a hub-centric ring that after market wheels do not have a standard hub size some are 73.1 some are 74.1 and some are completely different. The proper hub-centric ring for you will vary based on your after market wheels.
I just purchased these 2006 g35 rims. Do I need hub-centric rings? How can I tell if I need them or not?

Old 11-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

^ These wheels have a 66.1mm hubsize. If you can find one that will adapt it would need to be a 60.1-66.1mm ring. I don't know of anyone that makes it. you would have to have one made somewhere.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ These wheels have a 66.1mm hubsize. If you can find one that will adapt it would need to be a 60.1-66.1mm ring. I don't know of anyone that makes it. you would have to have one made somewhere.
I knew this was too good to be true... Any idea who or where I can have one custom made? Will they work without a hub centric ring?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com...34&prevstart=0
Outer Diameter - 67mm
Inner Diameter - 60.10mm

I think I found a set but was just wondering how did you know the wheels have a 66.1mm hub size? No offense, but I just wanted to verify your information before I ordered these. I really appreciate your knowledge and helping me. TIA.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Our guide tells us the hub size of the vehicle you said the wheels came off of. I looked up a 2006 G35. All G35 models are have the same hubsize for that year.

Nice find with the rings. That should work for you. They would be better than none that’s for sure. If you do pick those up. Make sure that when you put the wheels on your car tighten the lugs down by hand in a star pattern don't use an air gun, then torque them. That way the wheels will seat in the center and will minimize any vibrations.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

^^ Also all factory wheels are hubcentric to the vehicle they come stock on.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Our guide tells us the hub size of the vehicle you said the wheels came off of. I looked up a 2006 G35. All G35 models are have the same hubsize for that year.

Nice find with the rings. That should work for you. They would be better than none that’s for sure. If you do pick those up. Make sure that when you put the wheels on your car tighten the lugs down by hand in a star pattern don't use an air gun, then torque them. That way the wheels will seat in the center and will minimize any vibrations.
Wow, thanks a lot Travis. I'm going to give them a shot.

BTW, I ended calling 1010tires.com and their technician told me that what I was trying to do was impossible. He said that all stock wheels are not hub centric because OEM dealers don't want their rims on other cars. He said that since they are not made to take a hub centric ring, it would not work. We got off the phone and I when I went to lunch, I knew he didn't make sense because I had hub centric spacers on my stock BMW rims before.

Anyways, thanks for the support. You saved me a huge headache. I ended up finding a closer match too...

60.1 - 66.06
Old 11-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Glad to see we could help. Let us know if you come accross any hickups, but you should be fine. 60.1-66.06 will be Great!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to see we could help. Let us know if you come accross any hickups, but you should be fine. 60.1-66.06 will be Great!
THANKS for everything Travis!!! The hub-centric rings fit perfectly and the rims have been on since Monday. I've gone over 80mph, and there is no wobbling or negative affects at all.... it runs great!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

good to hear. Did you get any pictures yet, how do they look?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good to hear. Did you get any pictures yet, how do they look?
They look really good. The front wheels really filled up the gap nicely, but the rear still has that huge gaping space. For now, I'm going to have to decide on which springs I will purchase to lower it more.

I'll try to take pictures soon. I really like how they turned out though... Only problem is, I'm shipping out my Canon S3 that I sold on Ebay, and then need to find a Canon SLR to replace it. The Canon SLR is a Christmas gift to the wifey, so I'll have her take some shots once we get the new camera.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Get off the interwebs and take some pictures!!!

I haven't heard from midget ears for a minute either. he's fired. What a
Old 12-06-2007, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
Get off the interwebs and take some pictures!!!

I haven't heard from midget ears for a minute either. he's fired. What a
that's funny xxSeveredVaginaxx
Old 12-06-2007, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Lol!

I am curious to see how your xB does look. I've been considering the Infiniti I35 or I45 (I think those are the model...) in a 20. Only if I could find them at a decent price.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
Lol!

I am curious to see how your xB does look. I've been considering the Infiniti I35 or I45 (I think those are the model...) in a 20. Only if I could find them at a decent price.
Aren't you the big balla goin' for dubs?! I think even 18s and 19s would be cool if you're going for the big rim look wrapped around a rubber band. Try checking out http://g35driver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100 for some good deals on used 18s or 19s. BTW, the stock 19s are actually forged alloys made by Rays Engineering.

I chose the 17s because I didn't want to fend off all the women getting bigger rims. Since I already have that probably now, I couldn't imagine getting anything bigger... Most you guys probably won't have that problem (besides Uberspeed), so be my guest and go for the 18s and up. Yo Severed, you might want to step your game to 24s, because a good personality can only get you so far, if you know what I mean.

BTW, I was able to grab these rims for $450 with only 8K miles on the tires. If they're not blingy enough, I'll probably borrow some shiny sequins from Midget Ear's clothes and dress up the outer perimeter of my rims...

Quick Reply: Lug nuts..and concentric rings