Notices

Multi-piece Wheels Assembly Bolts Torque?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Multi-piece Wheels Assembly Bolts Torque?

So I've got a set of JDM multi-piece SSR Dish EV wheels that I'm refurbishing (stripping and powdercoating the center dish). Anybody know what the torque spec typically is for the dish to lip/barrel assembly bolts ?

Phone calls to SSR Wheels yield the retardedly ironic "our policy is to not provide that info because we discourage dis-/re-assembly by the consumer due to safety concerns". Well, Hello!, as I explained to them I've already taken mine apart and am now looking for their/SSR/manufacturer's torque spec to SAFELY re-assemble THEIR wheels. And the SSR tech rep that I talked to on the phone is supposedly going to send me a letter on company letterhead confirming that they won't provide me said info due to safety concerns. FN brilliant liability management in my book...
Old 04-25-2012, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Contact one of the Cali wheel shops, or maybe even a local wheel repair shop to ask what they torque the bolts to. Or try contacting Work, Volk, HRE, Rotiform, or other companies that produce 2 or 3 piece wheels.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

And the answer is..... 28 ft-lbs.

Thank you Jack at VR Motoring. He says that's the dealers' standard torque for most multi-piece wheels' assembly bolts.
Good suggestion, emrules2001; thanks.

Oh yes, and a big BITE ME to SSR/Tanabe-USA Customer NON-Service!
I won't be buying my exhaust components or anything else from you.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome, thanks for posting it up man! I am about to rebuild my Volk GTU, its nice to know the torque spec
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

EGG80x,
You're welcome. And I'm still sooo jealous of your Japanese hook-up/trips that lets you score your numerous rare JDM wheels. For SLF members that don't recall EGG80x's numerous previous wheels, make a point to look 'em up. If those Autostrada Monzas weren't staggered, I'd be fighting a fantasy of a vacation/visit down under that included hiding your body in the bush...

Now, for your silver Ruckus, I'm classically thinking a grey-ish or olive-ish metallic that will offset the chromed assembly bolts, lug nuts, and polished lips of those Volks.