5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Silver with Axis Decade 19's

One more for the collection
Old 06-15-2007, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks really nice! I like those decades. I think they fit the car wheel.

I've been thinking about doing 18"s on a trd drop, but man you're 19's are making me think twice.

How the ride? I was thinking it would be less $$ and be a better ride, but dang you box looks good.

What tires are you running?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks. :D

The tires are 235/35/19 General Exclaim UHP.

The TRD springs stiffen the ride noticeably but not too bad. I drove it for a week with the stock tires and could feel the stiffer spring, but it was fine. I would describe it as less float. Maybe just a little bit busier?

The 19's add more feel to the road and that includes making the bumps in the road more noticeable. It still rides better than my Mazda3 with the stock 215/50/17's. It definitely still rides better than the stock gen1 xB.

I started out looking at the 18's as well. I kind of got talked into the 19's. I don't think the 18's would change the ride a noticeable amount, but there is definitely a price difference.

Between the springs, rear sway bar and the tires the handling is amazing. I spent time yesterday just driving around town because it was so much damn fun!
Old 06-15-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the reply. That is so funny about your purchases and xb.

I have a white xb coming (was hoping I'd even get the call today) with spoiler, springs, sway bar, strut bar, exhaust and I have been trying to decide on wheels.

I really like the decades from toyotaisme's postings. And as far as tires go I was going to do the same Exclaim UHP's just based on some magazine articles I've read and all the great feedback on them.

So just too funny to me to see all this.

You're really the first to say you've noticed a difference in the springs, that's interesting. Wonder if they'll break in a bit for you too.

You think your swaybar is playing into this as well? Not many folks have posted owning this yet.

We'll it looks great! You've made my descion super hard. I like those decades and was thinking 18"s but was going to pass because of cost. I'm getting qouted like $350/pc for 18's where I am at.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a white xb coming (was hoping I'd even get the call today) with spoiler, springs, sway bar, strut bar, exhaust and I have been trying to decide on wheels.

I really like the decades from toyotaisme's postings. And as far as tires go I was going to do the same Exclaim UHP's just based on some magazine articles I've read and all the great feedback on them.

You're really the first to say you've noticed a difference in the springs, that's interesting. Wonder if they'll break in a bit for you too.

You think your swaybar is playing into this as well? Not many folks have posted owning this yet.

We'll it looks great! You've made my descion super hard. I like those decades and was thinking 18"s but was going to pass because of cost. I'm getting qouted like $350/pc for 18's where I am at.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikemann
It's possible but I don't think so.
Understand that when I say it is stiffer and busier than stock, it's not real bad but I can tell. If you ever rode in gen1 xB with the TRD springs on 18's it was really rough. This is nothing like that. It is still a nice ride and I'm pretty happy with it. My wife even commented that it was a little stiffer first time she rode in it after I put the springs on.
She has not ridden in it since I got the wheels on.

Thanks for the comments.

Is that $350 wheels and tires or just wheels?
I assume it is just the wheels. The 18" Decades are about $290 + shipping and the Exclaim UHP 225/40/18's are $81+shipping at Tire Rack. If you get them from one of the sellers of Axis wheels the tires will probably be more like $120-$130. Definitely looking at $1600-$1900 total (unless that $350 is wheels and tires).

Here's another shot to entice you.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How do you like the drop from the TRD Springs..???

Nice set-up!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the drop of the TRD's. I live in Wisconsin and prefer not to get too low since in the winter that can be bad with ice and snow on the roads.

The front is just right. The back could stand to be a little lower. I am thinking of re-indexing the rear springs. I think toyotaisme's looks a little lower than mine. I don't know if his has settled more or if they are indexed differently. I may PM him to see how they are set in there for comparison.

Thanks for the compliment! I'm pretty happy with it. I'm loving the car.

Small update from earlier. Drove about 30 minutes north to go out to dinner tonight. No complaints from the wife about the ride so I guess I'm good to go.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang it!! my local discount couldn't find me general exclaims... They got me KUMHO's instead....
Old 06-16-2007, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOOK'S NITIDA BRO
Old 06-17-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScioXBox
Dang it!! my local discount couldn't find me general exclaims... They got me KUMHO's instead....
I heard they were in short supply due to the recent good publicity. That was one reason it took a while to get mine.
The Kuhmos are pretty good tires too though.

osvaldomelendez
Old 06-17-2007, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The one thing I notice about the Exclaim's is they have a very rounded sidewall. You can even sort of see it in the pictures. There's not a hard 90 degree switch from sidwall to tread like others have (falken, kuhmo, etc.) It sort of makes it look like there is more rubber there than there really is.

Roxor - need to give us a close -up! ;-)
Old 06-17-2007, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Roxor - need to give us a close -up! ;-)
Man I'm easy tonight.

And I too like the more rounded edge on the Exclaims. So far they are pretty quiet too. I don't notice any real change in noise level from the stock tires. Well except on Wisconsin speedbumps aka concrete highway joints.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by roXor_boXor
It's possible but I don't think so.
Understand that when I say it is stiffer and busier than stock, it's not real bad but I can tell. If you ever rode in gen1 xB with the TRD springs on 18's it was really rough. This is nothing like that. It is still a nice ride and I'm pretty happy with it. My wife even commented that it was a little stiffer first time she rode in it after I put the springs on.
She has not ridden in it since I got the wheels on.

Thanks for the comments.

Is that $350 wheels and tires or just wheels?
I assume it is just the wheels. The 18" Decades are about $290 + shipping and the Exclaim UHP 225/40/18's are $81+shipping at Tire Rack. If you get them from one of the sellers of Axis wheels the tires will probably be more like $120-$130. Definitely looking at $1600-$1900 total (unless that $350 is wheels and tires).

Here's another shot to entice you.
Thats not Appleton Int. Airport in the backround, is it? : ) Great looking xB!
Old 06-17-2007, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 8" rim right?

It looks a little fuller from it being a 235 tire on an 8" rim also right. The tire isn't as stretched?
Old 06-17-2007, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member

roxor w/ the TRD springs how much clearence from tire to fender. I am going w/ 20'' wheels n 35 series tires. And just need to know if I would need a lower drop . To make it 1 in. from tire to fender.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by waupaca11
LOL
Yup. I wondered if you were from the land of cheese when I saw your name someplace here on the forums. Guess so. I work with lots of folks from Waupaca.
Thanks for the compliment too.

Originally Posted by superman808
roxor w/ the TRD springs how much clearence from tire to fender. I am going w/ 20'' wheels n 35 series tires. And just need to know if I would need a lower drop . To make it 1 in. from tire to fender.
On the rear there is about 2.5 inches and since my wheels are all the same offset (40 I believe it was) I have plenty of room on the rear.
The front is closer. It is about 1.75. The front is pretty flush. I don't know what you will get into there. Several have done 20's so it must be doable. Just not sure how much rubbing people are willing to cope with.
Rims and Tires calculator says 225/30/20's would work. But then it uses stock springs to determine that. 225/30/20's are about the same outside diameter as my tires though so it should work.
I will point out that on Wisconsin roads I'm kinda wishing I had done 18's. I cannot even imagine 20's. :/
Old 06-18-2007, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by roXor_boXor
Originally Posted by waupaca11
LOL
Yup. I wondered if you were from the land of cheese when I saw your name someplace here on the forums. Guess so. I work with lots of folks from Waupaca.
Thanks for the compliment too.

Originally Posted by superman808
On the rear there is about 2.5 inches and since my wheels are all the same offset (40 I believe it was) I have plenty of room on the rear.
The front is closer. It is about 1.75. The front is pretty flush. I don't know what you will get into there. Several have done 20's so it must be doable. Just not sure how much rubbing people are willing to cope with.
Rims and Tires calculator says 225/30/20's would work. But then it uses stock springs to determine that. 225/30/20's are about the same outside diameter as my tires though so it should work.
I will point out that on Wisconsin roads I'm kinda wishing I had done 18's. I cannot even imagine 20's. :/
Thanks for the info. I guess I would have to go lower.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:43 AM

hey man thats a crazy price for only 18s.... i got quoted $ 1900 for 19" wheels with tires mounted and balanced but im still in the same boat im not sure which rims i want????? kinda wishi washi but im def gettin 19"s im just waitin on my white xb it should be here in 2 days

Old 06-26-2007, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CodyGottaBox
hey man thats a crazy price for only 18s....

I'm getting qouted like $350/pc for 18's where I am at.
I don't know about "crazy" for those wheels, but it is too high.
As I said earlier, you can find Axis Decade 18's for about $290/ wheel a couple of places.
http://wheelstudio.com/catalog/produ...5367fa968de247
http://www.wheelsnext.com/default.cf...or=HYPERSILVER

Personally I am just amazed at the reactions I get to the Axis Decades. I had the 40 year old housewife down the street just drooling over them Sunday and today my son's 20 yr old buddy said they were the nicest wheels he has ever seen. Pretty universal approval I'd say. LOL