Notices

Tire Pressure Sensor Problem NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

this is funny cuz most wheel/ tire shop that i talk to knows about the TPMS and would inform you that you neew to add 4 to you purchase of a new set of wheels. the swap may save you a pretty penny but give you a massive headache, where as getting new stems will hurt your pocket a bit but save you the headache.

Well now we know.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: TPMS Issue

Originally Posted by ChspkScion

WOW, Great, about the auto detect issue!!!

Is there any way to quote & post the information on here? It would be a GREAT STICKY for the whole site and SAVE A HUGE amount of cash duckies as it were!!!

Thanks for checking into this!! Everyone's response had been to just tape over the light but a little diligence paid off. Great work!!
Just to make sure we're on the same page:

The serials don't have to be physically read off the sensor-- it is transmitted and detected by the computer -only detected-. You still need the Toyota tool to register them though.

I'll see if I can create a PDF for the xB2 wheel/tire section. It'll be your jobs to get it stickied
Old 02-22-2008, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just drive with the light on and don't worry about it. You will ot even notice the light after a day or two once you get used to it.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TPMS Issue

wrczx3

Please READ the most recent posts. I have 2 sets of wheels with TPMS Sensors in both.

xravexboix is a service Tech @ Longo Toyota, the Nation's highest volume dealership, and he has found a great solution!!

I bought the xB2 for the safety features among other reasons. So, I want to get what I paid for!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wrczx3

Please READ the most recent posts. I have 2 sets of wheels with TPMS Sensors in both.

xravexboix is a service Tech @ Longo Toyota, the Nation's highest volume dealership, and he has found a great solution!!

I bought the xB2 for the safety features among other reasons. So, I want to get what

I paid for!
I don't have time to read every post and I am not replying to answer other people that post ahead of me. I post my response to give my opinion to the orignal poster. I am glad that you feel it was so important for safety that you had get two sets of TPMS. I guess I am a little more of a rebel because I don't think you need the TPMS. After all, cars have done without them for about 100 years or so and if I use a little common sense and see that my tire looks a little low, I break out the old fashion air pressure gauge and check the air pressure the old fashion way.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TPMS

I see your side of it and I am not sure TPMS is as important on cars as it is SUV & Trucks.

I am sorry to admit that the Glowing light will cause more pain than it's worth. The wife has asked why we have a new car that has a warning light already! The extra cost of the second sensors & paying for them to be programmed is NOW a GOOD investment towards my peace of mind!!

Know what I mean??LOL
Old 02-22-2008, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess I see your point of view. That's why i'm single. Know what I mean? lol
Old 02-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wrczx3

I bought the xB2 for the safety features among other reasons. So, I want to get what I paid for!
I'm a parts guy . I just happen to have access to all the other stuff I'm a bit tied up today. I'll send the PDF over tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey fella's, I just replaced my rims with my Evo5's and I haven't thrown a code or light. Knock on wood. Ive driven about 20 miles with my new rims and tires and haven't had a light yet.

Looks like this is all a big hoax, hahaha. Anyways, maybe I don't have it or something. I do have an 08 though, so who knows.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just wait. It'll be there very soon.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SiZzOuRcE
Hey fella's, I just replaced my rims with my Evo5's and I haven't thrown a code or light. Knock on wood. Ive driven about 20 miles with my new rims and tires and haven't had a light yet.

Looks like this is all a big hoax, hahaha. Anyways, maybe I don't have it or something. I do have an 08 though, so who knows.
The light should have triggered as soon as the wheels were out of range. If the wheels are still somehow in the car, it won't trigger (it's in range). If the sensors are in the car (not mounted, simply sitting in the car) at the same pressure, the light will not trigger.

It's a comparison system (if one is too high/low, it is triggered). If they are equal, it will not trigger.

I had one person driving into their garage and the light would turn off (in range). Once they leave it, it turned on (out of range). All simply due to having their stocks w/ sensors in the garage =P
Old 02-23-2008, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TPMS

When I get back from my weekly road trip the TPMS warning light goes out because the stock steels with their registered codes can be read sitting nearby in the garage. After, I pull out and have been driving for about 20-30 minutes, the light begins flashing to tell me there is an error with the system then it stays on again until I get home.

I think this is common for everyone that keeps their old setup near by after the replace their wheels.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Honest to God, I was at least 10 miles out of range from my shed in the back of my house. Still no light. Oh well.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:49 AM

Let the air out of your stockers. See if the light stays out. Try it.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sizz -- Are you sure the TPMS wasn't installed onto the wheel? Or if they didn't remove the bulb? =P LOL
Old 02-23-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I doubt they touched my dash, but they did keep my car for about 30-45 mins. Maybe they did. Ive driven a total of like 50 miles now and still no light. Weird.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought my wheel online and it mentioned I need the sensors on mine. I knew it ahead of time and had mine taken out of the factory wheels and installed in my new ones. Those baby's are 220.00 each at dealer. tirerack.com wanted something like 438 for a set of four. I said Naa...used my stock ones. Good Luck
Old 02-25-2008, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Light came on right after I posted my last post. Hahah, karma.

Anyways, I can live with it, its really not a big deal. Thanks for all the input guys!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like somebody's karma ran over your dogma!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
Sounds like somebody's karma ran over your dogma!
Silly puns, Trix are for kids.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Sensor Problem NEED HELP!