Notices

what do you think about 16x8 +0 195/45 on xB2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbszero
they sell a mounting kit. But requires cutting and welding. I sell them pre-built on Tokiko blues. The entry level kit i sell runs about $1500, but includes the prebuilt fronts, so just bolt in. Sure its a few hundred more than the pieced together $1200 kit, but I prefer the pros build the fronts. But if you prefer to build your own fronts, i can do the kit for $1300.
PM'd you
Old 04-19-2012, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just to let everyone else in how crazy difficult it is to do this yourself.... You have to cut off the spring perch and hold on hold on here comes the hard part tack weld the perch to sway bar end link mount, wow I know that's crazy wasn't it.
No offensive to anyone trying to make a living selling these, but I do my own work especially when its as easy as this. I really like the term pros yeah leave it to the pros.... LOL
Old 04-19-2012, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Most guys buying these don't have a welder, nor know how to weld. And by pros, i'm referring to the company that makes the bags and the mounting kits. They strip them down, weld them on a fixture, then re-paint them so they look factory. I've seen many home done jobs that look like garbage and have problems down the road. And like i said, i can sell this kit with just the front Aerosport bags and install kit, for those that want to install it themselves, saves a couple hundred. But it's great that you did it yourself, go Dragit!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, to weld may not be THAT difficult or difficult to learn; however to weld "WELL" is another story. Having never welded anything before, I certainly wouldn't trust myself to go out and make this my first welding experience. I can say I wouldn't trust my skills (or lack thereof) to drive the vehicle knowing I did the weld job. If I were competent, then I would certainly save the cash and do it myself!

Sure, you can find someone else to do it for you, but will "Bob the garage welder" warranty those struts for you IF something fails? Probably not. Can you contact UA for a Tokico warranty, or AirLift, or Airride, etc.... probably.

Of course, everyone is entitled to opinions so take it for what it's worth and enjoy what you have! I would just hate to see someone go to harbor freight and buy a $50 welder to think they could do it themselves and then have something fail.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Code3Xb
Yes, to weld may not be THAT difficult or difficult to learn; however to weld "WELL" is another story. Having never welded anything before, I certainly wouldn't trust myself to go out and make this my first welding experience. I can say I wouldn't trust my skills (or lack thereof) to drive the vehicle knowing I did the weld job. If I were competent, then I would certainly save the cash and do it myself!

Sure, you can find someone else to do it for you, but will "Bob the garage welder" warranty those struts for you IF something fails? Probably not. Can you contact UA for a Tokico warranty, or AirLift, or Airride, etc.... probably.

Of course, everyone is entitled to opinions so take it for what it's worth and enjoy what you have! I would just hate to see someone go to harbor freight and buy a $50 welder to think they could do it themselves and then have something fail.
i totally agree.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by Code3Xb

very well put. I am totally DIY, if you can do it yourself great! But i haven't met many guys that will weld their own suspension components.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:37 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbszero
very well put. I am totally DIY, if you can do it yourself great! But i haven't met many guys that will weld their own suspension components.
ok. i am interested on them airs. whats the number to reach you? i am debating on a used one and a brand new ones.