Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Window vent visors for xD?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 03:10 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zefoxe
Not bad price, but yea, theres isnt an Ist emblem at the top of the front windows.
So let me get this straight? You'd be willilng to pay how much more $$ for an "Ist logo" on a plastic visor (that was probable made in Japan anyway )that does the same thing?

They help keep rain from dripping in the window and decrease air noise at highway speeds
What else would you want them to do? Blow your nose?

Sorry guys, I guess I just don't get all the Ist/JDM stuff???
Old 08-23-2008, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's all personal preference. like rims, yes i'll spend 3-4x more on rims for my cars that in the end will be unique, if i'm lucky on catch a few other scions running them, a higher quality made rim, to be different. versus getting some thing cheaper and then have 20-30 other sets on other scions.

or you tell a girl to have some target brand purse versus a coach, d&b, vuitton......

yes some of us will spend for the "image" and quality of stuff. LOL.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:01 PM
SL Member

So let me get this straight? You'd be willilng to pay how much more $$ for an "Ist logo" on a plastic visor (that was probable made in Japan anyway )that does the same thing?

You meant China ??

If you're talking to me - I wasn't sure what this thing was for, that's why I asked ))) Personally - I don't need it. But if I did - I'd shell out the xtra money for a genuine Toyota part(regardless iST or not). I like the best quality and you always get what you pay for !
Old 08-24-2008, 12:47 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by xDrug

You meant China ??

If you're talking to me - I wasn't sure what this thing was for, that's why I asked ))) Personally - I don't need it. But if I did - I'd shell out the xtra money for a genuine Toyota part(regardless iST or not). I like the best quality and you always get what you pay for !
No, I meant JAPAN.

And I wasn't really "talking" to anyone in particular. Just a generalize comment.

As for shelling out $$ for "genuine" Toyota parts, I agree and disagree. I just purchased a Toyota shift **** today from my local Toyota dealer. It's the round "old school" black ****, says SCION on the top and can be used with either a standard or automatic.
Paid right at $40.00 for it (with a discount). That said, all the aftermarket ***** that I liked were $29-39.00 anyway and it fit like a glove. Why? Because I liked it!

If I'd found an after market unit I liked, i'd have bought that one! Just nothing grabed my eye. Quality? All about the same.

As for mechanical, and some other items, I'm probably going to go with Toyota at least until the warranty is out. Why? I need the warranty

Remember. The "best" quality and the "best" bang for the buck, isn't alway factory. And while it's generally true that you get what you pay for, in many cases when it comes to factory items, you just get to overpay for what you get
Old 08-24-2008, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

agree and disagree. hey it's all personal preference. and people like me can be an idiot. LOL. cause i will spend extra for something just to be unique. from my old xb i'd spend extra to have parts that only me and 1 or 2 in the whole entire US would have just so that i'd be unique and separate my car from others. of course i could have just custom made all these things instead. but i rather just brag about something and be a big show off of having a set up that is different from everyone else.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:37 PM
SL Member

I agree that being different is good

I've never been much of a follower and always personalize my rides in some form or another.

And I understand spending more than somethings worth to have something different or in some cases, just to have something you want that doesn't void a warranty. And coming from (and still heavilly involved in) the Corvette community, I certainly understand the "all factory" types mentality. Some of these vette types are purly **** when it comes to mods or no mods

Before I decided to sell the vette and buy the Scion for work, I was about to drop over 20k in an 20 year old car to mod it! We were planning an LSx swap with trans mods, major body and interior mods. Would have been nice, but in the end, it's still an 87 with rattles and drips that will always be associated with them.

Next year, after the truck is sold and the XD paid off, I'll pick up a C5/C6 and go nuts on it too

Finally, I didn't mean to imply that anyone was an "idiot." I apologize if that's the way it came across?

Was just debating the rationale of spending 3x's as much for a product that's in form and effect, identical to another just for a logo??

But as you mention, different strokes for different folks
Old 08-24-2008, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nah no worry i just called myself an idiot. LOL. only cause i no i do spend money on some stuff that i think i was an idiot for spending so much on. hehehehehe. wow 20K. no worry only had the xd for a few months maybe 3. and already spent on about 4500.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
SL Member

LOL- I think I've spent a total of about $65.00 on my XD so far (had it since the beginning of July...on a shift ball and decals
Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 AM

Default Vent visors

in case you haven't found a vent visor you can go to www.ventvisor.com to get them. It's the one that sticks on the doors though. Weather tech makes the other one that slides in between the window weatherstrip but those are not available yet.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I don't know if it was already posted or not, but Ssuperstore has some jdm visors for the xD. They are knock-offs, but the quality/fitment was perfect on my xB, which I got today. The price is reasonable too, at 110$.

www.ssuperstore.com
Old 09-16-2008, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boooosty
I don't know if it was already posted or not, but Ssuperstore has some jdm visors for the xD. They are knock-offs, but the quality/fitment was perfect on my xB, which I got today. The price is reasonable too, at 110$.

www.ssuperstore.com
are those made in japan or are they jdm-style?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

never mind got off my butt and clicked on it. it's jdm-style
Old 09-17-2008, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

yeah, jdm-style. IDK about the xD, but for the xB ones they copied the Rumion JDM visors, and they look exactly alike, except for a little "Rumion" badge on the side.

I love my visors and I want to thank Ssuperstore for this great product
Old 09-17-2008, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup just like the ist, but the ist has that similar CF looking emblem with "ist" on it.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:16 AM

Weathertech now has vent visors for the xD! Just ordered a set for front windows only for $54.95 plus shipping (front & rear also available). Check em out at Weathertech.com -- I have been using this brand on my last 4 cars because they snap into the window channel, no adhesive tape.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dscott8
Weathertech now has vent visors for the xD! Just ordered a set for front windows only for $54.95 plus shipping (front & rear also available). Check em out at Weathertech.com -- I have been using this brand on my last 4 cars because they snap into the window channel, no adhesive tape.
Can you post some pics when you get them installed? I am interested in seeing how they look.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

last set of visors i had for the box were 'in chanel' but always popped out a bit near the side mirror showing white tape... not good... maybe will try the out side stick on types... couldnt be any worse right??

sigh yet another thing to add to the xD want list and clear it with the wife
Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 AM

+1 on the pix for the weathertech visors
Old 01-14-2009, 10:30 AM

Kkawana, I don't know what brand you had problems with, but I've used WeatherTech for years and never a glitch. They are in channel, NO TAPE, just a very precise fit. I will post pics soons as I get time & good weather to snap them. Been busy on weekends lately.