Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Fujita Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i found this place selling it too, for a decent price... i emailed them and they claim to have it in stock.

http://www.neverenoughauto.com/index...egory_id=17604
Old 12-26-2008, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got mine from Everything4scion.com take about 12 day to arrive love the
sound
[img][/img][img][/img]
Old 01-04-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

This is my first buy when my tax returns arrive. I have to get rid of my home made one.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Zed
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey montague, can you let me know what other mods you have on your car and let me know what kind of MPG you're getting? i just wanna know cuz i'm planning on getting one myself. i was very impressed with thier dyno and i like the brand. many thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zed
Hey montague, can you let me know what other mods you have on your car and let me know what kind of MPG you're getting? i just wanna know cuz i'm planning on getting one myself. i was very impressed with thier dyno and i like the brand. many thanks in advance.
I have had mine about a month or so. The MPG has gone down a little but I think that’s because I tend to accelerate more aggressively do to the increase in horsepower. I am still getting about 34 MPG with a combination of 60-70 MPH highway and not much city driving.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey... Zed I got fujita cold air intake / ground wire kit / voltage stabilizer / and tanabe concept G exhausts. MPG about same from factory depend on how you step on gas. I think is air intake kit is work very good for high rev but for low rev or low gear you kindna lose power a little bit because it's have to suck air longer way then it used too but if you kindna person that like to drive near 100 mph or more go for it. but this what it happen to me I add a cool air intake kit and some flow exhausts right problem is when you got to 105 mph car seem like don't want to go any more I need more fuel...I have to due with ECU or buy a fuel regulator to make it touch 115mph faster then right now . hope this will help....
Old 01-15-2009, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^

Just about every statement you made there is wrong.

An Intake won't make you loose power because is longer... The gains of the Fujita or just any other CAI are more noticible at high revs, but that doesn't meat you loose power lower on the power band.

Some times feeling some extra power on the higher band it could give the impression of loosing power on the lower band.

The Fujita is not much longer than the OEM plastic intake. Just measure the OEM from the TB to the plastic snorkel on the front of the engine bay.

Also, the fact that your are not able go above 105 mph is just because you don't have enough power and momentum to go above that speed....

NOT because your car is falling short on the gas!! If you were falling short on gas at higher revs your will be runing lean... and you already would have killed your engine.
That been said, a fuel PR won't do absolutley anything for you....

save your money!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got mine today, took only a week from www.Fujitaonline.com

Couldn't wait to install it, so even though it's a very balmy 7 degrees here in MN, and my garage isn't heated, I sucked it up and it took me about 2 hours. Taking the bumper off and putting it back on were the biggest hassle of the install. I took it for a nice little drive afterwards and things are starting to add up. With the TRD cat back exhaust and now the CAI there is a definite difference, it actually spun the tires in first and second gears, and it sounds great! Here are a couple pics. Warning the car is dirty, it is winter in MN, kind of tough to clean behind the bumper and under the hood in this weather!

Stock System

F5 Fujita with the bumper still off so you can see where the filter sits
Old 01-30-2009, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

MAN that is a dirty engine bay. but mine looks exactly the same hahah nothing to worry about man we all get the worst of the weather sometimes. how do you like your intake
Old 01-30-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya think? Not something you would want to eat off of,thats for sure!

Now that I have the bumper back on, I love it! Combined with the Cat back Exhaust upgrade it is a noticeable difference... once that NST crank gets here, should inch it up a bit more, then I'll have to be patient as it doesn't look like the new intake manifold is going to happen anytime soon, let alone any bolt on forced induction system...
Old 01-30-2009, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for sure..well..its okay, NA can be plenty fun because that's when you really start to show your knowledge for upping power.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, its fun seeing your progress esp from a 130hp car. But I agree with Castrex, we dont have good top end, Im sure the pulley will help out a bit with that high end power
Old 01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
yea, its fun seeing your progress esp from a 130hp car. But I agree with Castrex, we dont have good top end, Im sure the pulley will help out a bit with that high end power
Sure is and that's the point, having fun! If I wanted a race car, I would have got the Mazda 3Speed and had to do nothing to it for speed! But then it wouldn't have personality!

Making them yours, making them unique, being able to look at it, drive it and any differences you can say to yourself, "I did that!" that's what it's all about!

Oh and TRDxD... gotta help a non-texting old man out... What the heck is NA? They need a forum cheat sheet or dictionary for all the shortcut CAPs code in here!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDxD
for sure..well..its okay, NA can be plenty fun because that's when you really start to show your knowledge for upping power.
Ooops... OK i get it... NA = Normaly Aspirated, I was thinking it was one of those text codes folks like to use... x2 dawg!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha its no problem man! but you got it. normally (i actually say naturally) aspirated. and in my opinion, it's the best way to go
Old 01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha its no problem man! but you got it. normally (i actually say naturally) aspirated. and in my opinion, it's the best way to go
Alright then, like a natural blonde???? I stand corrected! Naturally Aspirated has 800K plus hits in Google and is on Wikipedia, Normally aspirated only has 400K plus hits and no wikipedia! I need to get my technical verbiage in order so I am more convincing to myself when pretending to be a mechanic in my garage. I ask myself questions, and I won't be as likely to beleive my answers if my verbiage is off! Besides it's much better than Non-Aspirated! That might involve a 911 call!

Have a great weekend...
Old 01-30-2009, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by w_kary
Ooops... OK i get it... NA = Normaly Aspirated, I was thinking it was one of those text codes folks like to use... x2 dawg!

it happens. but it will be cool to see a xd with atleast 160hp n/a style. that will deff. (definitely) make me happy to have... even better yet... 200HP!!!! with all bolt ons w/o force induction. Hopefully they come out with a stronger chip then a universal or something to get the xd running!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
Originally Posted by w_kary

it happens. but it will be cool to see a xd with atleast 160hp n/a style. that will deff. (definitely) make me happy to have... even better yet... 200HP!!!! with all bolt ons w/o force induction. Hopefully they come out with a stronger chip then a universal or something to get the xd running!
We just need to get Dynatek to find it feasible to complete the intake manifold they started, and then find out if the JET chip and reflash are what they claim to be. Add those two mods onto your cat back exhaust, CAI and NST reduction pulley and sounds like 150 whp would be exceeded as the dynatek folks were claiming 145 whp plus without the pulley, chip or reflash!

Here's the chip thread - https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&&start=20
Old 01-30-2009, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry... This is starting to look like a thread jacking!

The F5 Fujita CAI for the xD is great! I would conisder doing the optional install listed earlier in this thread, it sounds like a better route than taking the front bumper off!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea but if im not mistakn, they said the jet chip will give 10-15hp but also only to stock cars. and thats why i mention stronger then universal cause i think thats what there using for the xd

Quick Reply: Fujita Air Intake