Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Fujita Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

True, but they also said that if you have done any custom work, intake manifold, exhaust, and you give them that information, they will reflash your unit based on those specifics and the gains would be a bit more... who knows for sure, no one has done it yet!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oooh....now not only have we thread jacked, but we're getting into a dreaded topic of CHIPS. honestly....I can't stress enough how much these chips are played out.... youre better off getting your own ecu reflashed by a professional shop, than to trust (or give into) some cheesey chip. i don't really care what the sites say the gains are....i don't trust em. but thats just me

so back on topic...uhmm......how are we all liking the intake so far? :D lol
Old 01-30-2009, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Love the intake... Fujita is great!

I hear you on the chip... most likely all hype no horses... I'll check a couple shops here and see about an ECU flash if they ever get an intake manifold released for the xD!

How bout you, do you have the Fujita CI?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

unfortunately no...I'm aiming for a short ram, but I don't want to spend the money on the WeaponR (WAYYYY too much money for what it's worth) so I'm either going to buy one used for a yaris (i still have to check if we have the same Air Flow sensor), or if that doesn't work, then...who. knows. maybe ill take the plunge and go for the fujita if that doesn't work out :D
Old 01-30-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At least with the short ram you don't have to jump through hoops to get to the filter. There are plenty of options now, K&N but they are over $300, and more of a short ram than an actual CAI. Suck it up and go for the bigger gains by getting the actual CAI! Go with the Fujita!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahah hmmmm..i may have just been persuaded...

WELLP, time to start savin! haha
Old 01-31-2009, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDxD
hahah hmmmm..i may have just been persuaded...

WELLP, time to start savin! haha
You don't happen to do LED swaps? Getting ready to start mine now, if I screw it up, you could fix it and make some dough towards your CAI!
Old 01-31-2009, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

unfortunately i don't....BUT i do know how to solder!!! thank's for the offer though it's very much appreciated. I haven't gotten into electronics work as much as I would like to...everything I do so far, is mechanical. hopefully i can get some electrical work done with my xD myself and get some more experience! let me know how your LED swap goes actually. i'm interested in the process ( and there's actually a good thread on here for one. guy posted the wiring diagrams and everything. i shuold take a looka t that too! haha)
Old 01-31-2009, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

unfortunately i don't....BUT i do know how to solder!!! thank's for the offer though it's very much appreciated. I haven't gotten into electronics work as much as I would like to...everything I do so far, is mechanical. hopefully i can get some electrical work done with my xD myself and get some more experience! let me know how your LED swap goes actually. i'm interested in the process ( and there's actually a good thread on here for one. guy posted the wiring diagrams and everything. i shuold take a looka t that too! haha)
If you can solder that is probably 99% of getting this to work. Apparently it is not my strength... I'm trying though, I'm trying... just a bit hard to see those tiny little dang things even with reading glasses. If you lived around here, you could be making some dough right now!
Old 01-31-2009, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oooh....now not only have we thread jacked, but we're getting into a dreaded topic of CHIPS. honestly....I can't stress enough how much these chips are played out.... youre better off getting your own ecu reflashed by a professional shop, than to trust (or give into) some cheesey chip. i don't really care what the sites say the gains are....i don't trust em. but thats just me

I was at work, so I guessed I missed alot, I just want to leave one more comment for the chip. as we all know I had a volvo s60 (gosh i shud of kept it) anywho I dont know how chips work with imports, but in euro cars such as volvo or audi , we got great hp gain from the chip 20+hp and I cant say this company is good cause obviously never used it on the xd or any other but unichip seems like a good company to make power from the chip
Old 01-31-2009, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91

I was at work, so I guessed I missed alot, I just want to leave one more comment for the chip. as we all know I had a volvo s60 (gosh i shud of kept it) anywho I dont know how chips work with imports, but in euro cars such as volvo or audi , we got great hp gain from the chip 20+hp and I cant say this company is good cause obviously never used it on the xd or any other but unichip seems like a good company to make power from the chip
Hey if someone comes out with one that is tested and proven, I am all for it!
Old 01-31-2009, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

unfortunately no...I'm aiming for a short ram, but I don't want to spend the money on the WeaponR (WAYYYY too much money for what it's worth) so I'm either going to buy one used for a yaris (i still have to check if we have the same Air Flow sensor), or if that doesn't work, then...who. knows. maybe ill take the plunge and go for the fujita if that doesn't work out :D
The MAF's are different sorry! Plus the TB of the xD is a goo 1/4" larger.

Have you checked the the new AFE intake? Seems like a nice option. I will be test fitting one on a friends TS in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ah..I wasn't aware of the throttle body size differences either. thanks for the heads up!!

and actually i had completely forgotten about AFE, I'll give that a look over again. let me know how the test fit goes.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OKAY. nvm....I've been convinced...I'll get the Fujita..(now for a couple months worth of saving...it sucks being in college with no job and hunger for tuning.) lol
Old 02-01-2009, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OKAY. nvm....I've been convinced...I'll get the Fujita..(now for a couple months worth of saving...it sucks being in college with no job and hunger for tuning.) lol
Yes Grasshopper... But College will help with Job in the long run! You are doing brain mods, much cooler my friend!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh definitely even cooler since my major is automotive engineering...YEESSSSS!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i like the short ram i have ... : ) 1 off carb legal : ) the fujita one is also very nice
Old 03-26-2009, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone have any problem with the Fujita CAI filter getting wet during car wash or heavy rain? It has been pouring here the past 2 days and the filter is damp. My car hasn't been running real well at start up and I discovered today that the filter is damp.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:04 AM
SL Member

JUST as i was about to purchase one! lol
maybe its best to keep it sri
Old 03-27-2009, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by c2iix
JUST as i was about to purchase one! lol
maybe its best to keep it sri
its not that its bad but you also have to consider where you live. as how the weather is and try to cover it a bit so less chance of water going to the filter

Quick Reply: Fujita Air Intake