Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Blu-Logic questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Blu-Logic questions

I am wondering if any of you that have the blu logic system installed can give me any reports on the call quality/clarity you get on both sides. I was concerned specifically with the quality on the other end of the call when you're driving in noisier conditions. For instance: what is it like on the freeway across grooved concrete, higher speeds on the interstate, wind noise etc? I seemed to have solved my earlier radio issue and now am planning on getting myself the blu logic for Christmas. Thanks for the replies.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's ok... There are complaints about road noise at highway speeds, but I am looking into finding a new place to mount the mic. It is still a good system and works just fine with my factory navigation system that has the speed dependent lock out/parking brake modification.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CL65Pilot
It's ok... There are complaints about road noise at highway speeds, but I am looking into finding a new place to mount the mic. It is still a good system and works just fine with my factory navigation system that has the speed dependent lock out/parking brake modification.
Where did you mount the microphone? Does it not work too well mounted on the inside top of the mfd bezel where the installation instructions say to do it? I have seen some other aftermarket products that mount on the sun visor. Is there enough cord included in the kit to run up to the visor?
Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by asurjc
Where did you mount the microphone? Does it not work too well mounted on the inside top of the mfd bezel where the installation instructions say to do it? I have seen some other aftermarket products that mount on the sun visor. Is there enough cord included in the kit to run up to the visor?
I mounted it per the instructions. It works well there, but the road noise at highway speeds can make it tough for the other end to hear... usually speaking louder helps. There should be plenty of wire to take it to the visor if that's where you want it, if not, splice and add a section to lengthen it.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the connection is great on both ends. It connect fast and is almost compatible with every phone. I've connected a Sony K800i, Samsung Blackjack II, and now a Samsung Eternity. Clarity is great, never any static and loss of hearing. Also that the clarity of my end is great. No any type of drone or "road noise", unlike the bmw one. I really recommend it, but its really only a bluetooh, very similar to a ear piece.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The mic is also located on the right of the speedo (factory installed)
Old 01-13-2010, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the replies. I ordered this kit along with a couple of other things from trdsparks. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up here in Atlanta so I can be outdoors installing and not freeze to death.

Originally Posted by mr_slim
I really recommend it, but its really only a bluetooh, very similar to a ear piece.
I actually have a blueant z9i earpiece that works quite well. My previous car ('01 echo) was really loud at highway speeds. I couldn't hear people talking through my earpiece b/c my new phone didn't transmit very loud volume in any situation. To combat this I had an audiologist make a custom earmold for the earpiece from a deep ear impression I had done. This worked so well, I can't hear anything out of my right ear when I have my earpiece in. It's really annoying to be listening to the radio only out of my left ear. I figured that by installing the blu-logic for about the cost of a top shelf earpiece I could get the best of both worlds, listening to music with both ears, and being able to talk on the phone with both hands on the wheel.