Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

PSA: 09 XD RS2 AVIC F7010BT iPod Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:14 AM

Default PSA: 09 XD RS2 AVIC F7010BT iPod Adapter

Just wanted to let everyone know -

I had an issue with the iPod adapter on my RS2 xD where if the iPod was playing when I shut the car off, only the left channel would come back when I turned the car back on.

Upgrading the firmware to the latest version (2.006) fixed it. It's a simple enough procedure - download the firmware (it's a zip file with 2 folders contained) from pioneerelectronics.com (just search for F7010BT), copy the two folders to the root level of a SD card, insert the SD card, and turn the car on WITHOUT AN IPOD CONNECTED. It'll take 10 minutes or so, depending on the speed of the SD card you're using.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great thread, I'm sure other RS2 owners will have this problem. I wonder if the dealer would have fixed it as well
Old 08-19-2009, 07:55 PM

I just upgraded to firmware 2.006 also, but lost the Scion XD splash screenwhen I did.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by jacksoma555
I just upgraded to firmware 2.006 also, but lost the Scion XD splash screenwhen I did.
I didn't, oddly enough, and I fully expected to.

An update - as much as I wanted to believe it was a firmware issue (and IMO, it still is) the greater problem was support for my 60GB iPod. Tried my iPhone and no issues, ever.

So, as the iPhone is 8GB and enough to work for me (and I Bluetooth it to the car anyway) that's my solution. Eligible to upgrade to the 3GS in December, will probably take advantage of the opportunity to go to 32GB as well, which is plenty. Honestly, a 60GB iPod is a PITA in the car - I spent the last two weeks listening to bands beginning with A, B or C because it took forever for me to think of things to listen to.

One tip for iPod users - take advantage of Genius in iTunes to make up some playlists for you and name the playlists intuitively when you save them. Now I just pick a mood I'm in and I have 6 hours of music for that mood, rather than dancing around the touchscreen while driving trying to find a record I feel like listening to.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:00 AM

Update: Took the car to the dealer today. The radios are installed at port when the cars come off the boat and sometimes they don't do a great job. The dealer had a tech go in and secure all the wiring coming from the head unit. No more channel dropping. Free, warranty work.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as far as listening to "a, b, or c" bands.... turn it on "direct control" so you can scroll yourself.

i don't have an rs 2.0 (let me point that out).

i do have a 2009 xD.

and my 160 GB ipod works fine.... maybe issue with your brand of radio? mine is the upgraded pioneer system. no troubles here
Old 08-27-2009, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1
as far as listening to "a, b, or c" bands.... turn it on "direct control" so you can scroll yourself.

i don't have an rs 2.0 (let me point that out).

i do have a 2009 xD.

and my 160 GB ipod works fine.... maybe issue with your brand of radio? mine is the upgraded pioneer system. no troubles here
Mine is the premium nav system.

Nothing wrong with the iPod, as previously explained, the issue was shoddy cabling work at the dock. The dealer took care of it under warranty. I can use my 60GB iPod or my iPhone.

"Direct control" isn't applicable with the Pioneer nav system as the adapter is in the bottom glovebox, not the center console.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by teleken
Mine is the premium nav system.

Nothing wrong with the iPod, as previously explained, the issue was shoddy cabling work at the dock. The dealer took care of it under warranty. I can use my 60GB iPod or my iPhone.

"Direct control" isn't applicable with the Pioneer nav system as the adapter is in the bottom glovebox, not the center console.

you know, looking back, i wish i would've gone with the nav system next step up from what i have. oh well...