Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

xD seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:46 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

There is a video of a camry. did you look at all the videos. it seems to bulge a bit.. but the one video is 4 secs long and in slow motion lol

This video shows the side impact test for an xD. It shows a view of the inside while deployment. looks like it deploys in exactly the same way as the Clazzio videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qKENCHN1gE
Old 02-24-2011, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by wasabixd89
There is a video of a camry. did you look at all the videos. it seems to bulge a bit.. but the one video is 4 secs long and in slow motion lol

This video shows the side impact test for an xD. It shows a view of the inside while deployment. looks like it deploys in exactly the same way as the Clazzio videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qKENCHN1gE
lol indeed... obviously it is in slowmo, and the bulge isnt going to get any smaller in real time. seems that the bulge would be moving pretty fast in real time - lets just hope the bulge is there simply because there is nobody in the seat, and not becuase the massive force of the deployment. [i also hope nobody here ever finds out!]

I watched this one too, and yeah it does seem to look like the other vid.

So now I still have no idea what I am going to do.
I could weaken the seams on the cheap ones, or put some sort of velcro there, or cut out a hole. The point in my case is certainly not to improve the looks, rather protect the looks of the stock seats without spending a lot or being injured.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:09 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i had to go this route because of my dogs hair. I have a white pit bull that sheds ALOT, and it's fine hair that was weaving into the stock fabric. I spent 140 bucks and 6 hours at the dealership because i had to have an interior detail. needless to see she wasn't allowed back in the car until these came in. I must have gone through 4 sets of seatcovers, combinations with blankets too.. ugh.. nothing worked at keeping the hair out of the stock fabric. These have done good. so they were worth it to me in the long run. I probably spent as much on my Clazzios as i did on the varying seat covers and that major interior detail -.-
Old 02-24-2011, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by wasabixd89
i had to go this route because of my dogs hair. I have a white pit bull that sheds ALOT, and it's fine hair that was weaving into the stock fabric. I spent 140 bucks and 6 hours at the dealership because i had to have an interior detail. needless to see she wasn't allowed back in the car until these came in. I must have gone through 4 sets of seatcovers, combinations with blankets too.. ugh.. nothing worked at keeping the hair out of the stock fabric. These have done good. so they were worth it to me in the long run. I probably spent as much on my Clazzios as i did on the varying seat covers and that major interior detail -.-
that is a very good point. I wish I could just use a regular seat cover and call it a day, or afford to get the clazzios. when I can I prob will. Till then I am going to try the less expensive. perhaps i should just get the wooden rolly ball things haha![jk]
Old 02-24-2011, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

thats the first step to making your xD a xD cab lol but it might help some
Old 02-24-2011, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by firstkingofbeer
thats the first step to making your xD a xD cab lol but it might help some
more like late 70s early 80s pimptastic... and I hope my xD NEVER smells bad enough to be cab like! haha
Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

LMAO thats all i gotta say. no need for D cabs around
Old 02-27-2011, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by drkness
LMAO thats all i gotta say. no need for D cabs around

Yeah, it is bad enough that tons of auto parts stores have xBs as their delivery cars... and I'm not sure if that is saying good or bad about the Scion brand.
So do parts stores use them because they get parts cheap?!?(I hope not) Or do they use them because they don't have to spend money on parts!(I hope so...)

I know that Toyota is awesome in general, despite bad press about people that don't know how to put a car in neutral when the accelerator sticks. Off the subject, when I was younger, my first job was at a garage. I had only been driving for like one year, maybe. It was a small garage, and standard practice was to take a car on a "test drive" to get Strombolis at the local eatery [it was only like a mile away]. So I was in this old pont. gran am [think fancy berretta or taurus or something]. It was turbo, nice and quick. It was a cr@pper though in general. What I DID NOT know was that it was in for having a sticky throttle. So on some back road with ditches on both sides, the throttle got stuck {mostly open hehe} and I [being only 16] had the grand revelation to put the car in neutral and pull over, take a look under the hood, and unstick the throttle. Now that HAS to beat a prius throttle sticking! Turbo likes to go fast when stuck wide open haha!