Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Zune Users?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Zune Users?

are there any Zune users on this board? I ask because I am one and over the weekend I installed an amazing thing in my XD. it's the TOYZN4 from Soundgate (apparently there are the parent company to Kicker, and the official vehicle integration solution company for Microsoft).

anyway the TOYZN4 is basically an interface between your Zune and the radio, it allows you to use the radio buttons to control your Zune. I installed it Saturday evening, and got to thoroughly test it on my way to work this morning. it allows all of the same function as the factory Ipod interface (I have the standard radio) but one.... it doesn't show text on the radio display, but it does have a video out cable so if you have the SNS it should show your menu on the screen. (I think).

It was simple to install one switched 12v power source (It charges the Zune as well) one good chassis ground and a small 12 pin connector that plugs into the satellite radio plug in the back of the radio. there are 2 boxes in the system the "Core" box and the vehicle specific control box, you do have to connect these 2 units with the supplied wiring (it's really simple). and there are 2 switches on the circuit board in the vehicle specific box that need to both be flipped to the down position (for satellite radio emulation).

the radio controlls are simple 2= Back 5= Enter SCAN= Play/Pause, the Multi-Selector= the Zune Pad and the Steering wheel track up and down buttons do just that, next and previous track.

so far this thing is awesome.

the MSRP from Soundgate is $179 but I found it for $105 shipped.

I'm not affiliated with Soundgate in any way I just think this product is worth telling people about. Especially because it's the 1st of it's kind for the Zune.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Could have just bought an iPod and had 100% compatibility from the start lol.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had the Zune before I bought the car. and I hate the Ipod.

lol
Old 01-08-2009, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Where did you get this? I have a zune and I think the fm transmitter sucks so this is a way better option.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered it form this website

www.keenzo.com

it was $105 shipped and it's still working great. and the model I bought should work for Toyota/Scion vehicles 1998-2009.

check the compatibility list here

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...usereferrer=1&

to be sure
Old 01-08-2009, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by A1binoA11igat0r

lol
That's funny.
Are you Steve Ballmer?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SciontCya

lol
That's funny.
Are you Steve Ballmer?

Nope, can't say I am. Never met the gentleman.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i've got a zune, but never herad of that one before. i've just always hooked the zune a/v's into the back of my d3
Old 05-11-2009, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

That's awsome thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I hate the Ipod.
Noncomformist... LOL

Really though, if you get rid of that stock head unit, good luck integrating with the Zune... I've yet to see a unit that does it.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have a Zune as well and am not an Ipod fan either. Yet at the same time, I am not a zune fanatic *LOL* Both products leave a ton to be desired. And yes, I have owned two ipods recently *LOL* Thinking of switching to somthing different, just have not found anything that I like more than my zune.

For that kind of cash, I think I will just stick with the 3.5mm jack and use the zune to change songs

Great info, thanks for the post!
Old 05-16-2009, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Zune Users?

are there any Zune users on this board? I ask because I am one and over the weekend I installed an amazing thing in my XD. it's the TOYZN4 from Soundgate (apparently there are the parent company to Kicker, and the official vehicle integration solution company for Microsoft).

anyway the TOYZN4 is basically an interface between your Zune and the radio, it allows you to use the radio buttons to control your Zune. I installed it Saturday evening, and got to thoroughly test it on my way to work this morning. it allows all of the same function as the factory Ipod interface (I have the standard radio) but one.... it doesn't show text on the radio display, but it does have a video out cable so if you have the SNS it should show your menu on the screen. (I think).

It was simple to install one switched 12v power source (It charges the Zune as well) one good chassis ground and a small 12 pin connector that plugs into the satellite radio plug in the back of the radio. there are 2 boxes in the system the "Core" box and the vehicle specific control box, you do have to connect these 2 units with the supplied wiring (it's really simple). and there are 2 switches on the circuit board in the vehicle specific box that need to both be flipped to the down position (for satellite radio emulation).

the radio controlls are simple 2= Back 5= Enter SCAN= Play/Pause, the Multi-Selector= the Zune Pad and the Steering wheel track up and down buttons do just that, next and previous track.

so far this thing is awesome.

the MSRP from Soundgate is $179 but I found it for $105 shipped.

I'm not affiliated with Soundgate in any way I just think this product is worth telling people about. Especially because it's the 1st of it's kind for the Zune.
There isn't a video in on the SNS unit so I am not sure how you would get anything to display.